Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 08:18:56 )
@Bonnie: i think i do that too much ><

@Alorrena: think part of it may be how boring the past week's been .

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 15:35:27 )

@AngelicTeaTime: thank you. I can’t believe this cold front. Turned into full on winter here again. It’s just above freezing.
@DreamerZ: better. I got a compression sleeve for my knee and when I was walking around with it on I was totally good. :) thanks for checking up on me.
@Wildfire: haha I’ve been there. You do it to take advantage of the bonuses. Not sustainable long term lol. When I do that I just have three tabs open at once.
@SorrowTheMad: thank you. I’ve been taking ibuprofen and I have a knee sleeve. :) how are you doing? It became winter here again.
@Aisukohi: that must be so hard for you. I hope they stick around.
@Bonnie: thanks for checking up on me. It’s doing better. Nasty bruise but I have a compression sleeve for it and I’m able to walk.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 15:35:52 )

@Alorrena: oh no. Hope it all works out.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 19:51:32 )
@Totalanimefan: LOL. Ironically, when I'm doing that, I'm usually also doing other things, so there's several tabs open and I'm just floating one to the next. It's a bit chaotic - lol! XD You are much more sensible about it than I am, apparently XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 00:37:31 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it is, but I think things may be starting to calm down. We'll see how things work out once the dust settles.

@Alorrena: Ooh, going to Idaho from Florida? I've done that several times. May I ask which part of Idaho? I typically fly out of Jacksonville since that's where I live, but I know Orlando tends to be cheaper. One day I'll try that route lol.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 01:33:53 )

@DreamerZ: yeah, i have this mountain of laundry and i just gotta do it sooooon...
    @Totalanimefan: i'm glad you are mostly okay and you can walk!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 02:05:48 )
@Totalanimefan: You're my friend. 'Least, i hope ya see me that way by now XD. Even if we weren't I don't like nice ppl suffering =n,n=

@Bonnie: Gotta conquer that mountain n' put a flag on top....unless that flag is underwear.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 03:33:08 )
@Totalanimefan: That's good to hear at least :) Sorry that it hurts though! I've been good, had a bit of a cold that's pretty much better now, but otherwise I'm good. Yeah, two weeks ago we had 40s and 50s and then last week we had freezing rain, -20 windchill, and it snowed three days in a row all over the course of a week. And it's supposed to snow again over the next few days. It's almost April!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 09:51:13 )
@dreamerz: i totally get that. most of my weeks are like that but not this week, nor the next one for me cause of my trip.

@Aisukohi: Boise! i grew up there and only moved to central florida in 2016. i've never met anyone from florida before that has gone to idaho. Color me, pleasantly surprised!

@totalanimefan: it went... okay?
so you know my first flight got canceled last night, fine, nbd, i rescheduled it. So the next available flight was way over booked because airlines do that on occasion, and because of the canceled flight, so i was pretty confident that i wasn't going to get on that one. I was correct. Unfortunately, that meant the rest of my itinerary needed to be changed too. So when they bump you to the next flight when you fly standby, usually it will automatically change the following flights.thaat.... did not happen, and i couldn't ask anyone about it because as soon as the gate is closed, the workers leave and do whatever else. so i had to wait at the gate for the next flight out of orlando to talk to someone, and that someone ended up not being very helpful. So, they said i would basically have to call the reservations line and talk to them to change it, but i only had 40 minutes until that flight would start to board. So i end up going oh w/e i'll deal with it in seattle. I got on that flight (thankfully), messaged my mom about an hour into that flight to tell her to call for me and get it fixed, which she did. So, i finally got to nap a bit on that flight, which was really nice cause i was and am so tired. So mom finally messages me and tells me that she was finally able to talk to a person to get it changed for me. Awesome. I should be all set, right? well, kinda. I found out that i was not checked into that flight, nor could i check myself in online or on the app. so again, i had to wait by the gate to talk to someone. And the someone was new, so he didn't really know what to do, but the person training him showed him how to check someone in, and gave me my temp boarding pass. i say temp because it did not have a seat assigned yet. SO. I wait for the plane to start boarding while constantly checking to see if i had been assigned a seat yet. the ENTIRE plane boards except for me and one other girl who was also flying standby. they go do a seat check and find out what seats are left (cause somehow they have to physically check? i don't get it. they scanned the boarding passes and that should have told them how many seats and which ones were available, but i digress. so i'm super anxious, toe tapping, trying to look as calm as i can. i'm so close. i know they had enough seats. they had 146 people book the flight with a capacity of 147, and only 141 people had checked in, including the stand by travelers.so i know they had room. but of course they didn't wanna tell me or the other girl that until literally the last moment. So we got our boarding passes, i'm so ready to go i forget to have them scan my boarding pass that i walk right past, and then remember (i was too tired to be embarassed by that point.) and go back. THen i get on the plane, ask for a seatbelt extender (it was a smaller plane. my butt barely fit in the seat, and i knew that ahead of time, at least.) put my carry on bag in the bin and squeeze past the two people in the row i was assigned to, and i just tried making myself as small as i could so not to bother the guy next to me. I'm pretty sure he kept farting too; it was not a comfortable flight, but at least it was only an hour long. so, FINALLY i made it. mom picked me up, took me to her house/grandma's house(they live together cause grandma is old.) i try to eat a little, but i'm so tired i don't eat a lot. And then i go unpack a little, and realize i lost my phone charger cord. it is possible it's in mom's car, but i'm not going to go look. but I made it! it just took basically 17 hours to get here.

also, i'm glad your knee is okay/better!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/30 00:28:27 )
@Alorrena: Oh wow! Yeah I lived in Boise from like March-October 2015 lol. Reason is because my fiance is from Burley, but he was living in Boise at the time with his roommates and he asked me to live with him when I was visiting him for the first time. xD Kinda spur-of-the-moment decision, but it was an experience I absolutely loved. Quite a change in scenery compared to Florida! While living there, we'd travel back and forth between Boise, Twin Falls, Wendell, and Burley since that's where most of his family lives. I sooooo miss Dutch Bros Coffee and wish we could get one here in Jacksonville, or at least closeby somewhere in Florida!!!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/30 11:27:07 )
@Aisukohi: OH MY GOSH YES. I would LOVE if dutch bros came to florida. literally anywhere were in Florida if still go haha. Ironically, I had dutch this morning before going to twin falls! Best coffee ever. The last time I had dutch bros was i think in 2016 right before I moved to Florida.

You are -so- right about the different scenery. Mountains, canyons, desert and plateaus all in a 2 hour drive. And sage brush everywhere. I couldn't breathe to well today because of it. I didn't realize just now nice it was to be able to breathe through my nose until today because I just so happen to be allergic to it. Tomorrow I'm taking a Claritin before we go out.

I totally get spur of the moment decisions. It was kinda how I ended up in Florida. I randomly asked my hubby if he'd like to move back to Florida so I could get to know his family a bit better.

I drove down Fairview Ave going towards downtown today and holy moly that street has changed so much in the past like 3 years! And then I went downtown to visit my sibling and down town looks so different now. its crazy! The last time I was in downtown boise was in January 2016. I didn't know 4 to 6 blocks could change so drastically in 6 years. Its so crazy!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/30 17:28:48 )
@Alorrena: then we get a whole slew of housing issues....life sucks rn

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/31 00:06:59 )
@Alorrena: Dutch is my favorite coffee for sure lol. I'm a fiend for their blended Annihilator with an extra shot! Or their peach mango smoothies. <3 What are your favorite drinks? I had to giggle when I learned about their supposed straw colour code. xD

Riiiight?! Plus the fact that you can see STARS out there! I'm so used to city life that I'm not used to seeing a lot of them, but when I went out there the first time, we were driving down one of those country roads between towns, and his brother told us to pull over so he could show me the stars. I almost CRIED they were so pretty!! And I like being able to look around and see for miles versus having trees everywhere. So are you originally from Idaho?

And you're telling me! I went back for a quick trip in May 2019 and a lot seemed new. I know Boise and Twin are two of the fastest growing cities over there because of all the Californians moving in. xP I really do love how green the cities over there seem to be. And I miss a lot of the restaurants over there as well.

Reading about your trip over there sounds like a real nightmare. x-x Glad you got there okay though!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/1 08:07:46 )
@DreamerZ: I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things improve drastically soon.

@Aisukohi: the annihilator is so good!!! And the peach mango smoothie is my favorite non coffee drink.I used to love to get a white and black mocha (white chocolate mocha with dark chocolate in it) with cherry syrup and almond, but when I went they didn't have cherry, so I got it with strawberry instead. It was okay. Not sweet enough, but it was okay. My mom wanted to get coffee this morning and weeded up going to dutch bros and I got a blended annihilator with almond syrup lol

Oh my gosh yes! The stars are my favorite thing about when my mom used to take us camping. Getting away from the light pollution plus being in the mountains was always so fantastic.
I grew up in Boise and spent most of my life here, and I remember having the exact feeling you described when mom took me and my sibling to Arizona one year, and it was a completely clear sky in the middle of nowhere and the milky way was visible. That was also when I first learned about light pollution.

Oh man, yeah. There are a few restaurants that I requested eating at while I was here like los betos, because I love the chimichanga there.. I also asked for golden star chinese because their fried rice is what I compare other chinese food places' to.. if its just as good then I'll come back on regularly! So good! Jack In the box because I missed it lol,, and Tucanos brazillian grill (we are going Saturday I'm so excited) was my all time favorite place. And that's all i requested. Mom picked out a couple places to eat downtown that have been fantastic. A bit pricey, but the food was awesome.

Mom and I went to a glass blowing class today that really was more of a "try it yourself with guidance and supervision" sort of thing. We didn't learn a whole lot about it really (like he didn't tell us a whole lot about what different things were or what different techniques were called or anything), but it was cool because we both got to make something. I made a soap dispenser and mom made an olive oil bottle. We pick them up tomorrow afternoon. I'm super excited to see how mine turned out.

Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/1 13:38:27 )
/rolls through/
Happy April
/rolls out/

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/1 15:58:35 )

@Wildfire: hello friend~ how are you?
    @DreamerZ: i did some of it! lol so it's progress

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/1 18:36:03 )
@Bonnie: hello! I'm ok, thanks! I've been busy this morning. How are you doing?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/1 18:49:53 )

@Wildfire: i'm doing well~ i'm at work myself but it's a slower day than we have hads lately. I'm actually working on a clown kind of avatar myself...just struggling atm finding what i really want on it lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/1 18:57:14 )
@Bonnie: Slow days at work aren't always a bad thing, imo. And yes - there are actually a lot of clown-type items here! I kind of threw this av together, but the possibilities are pretty good for creating a unique avi! Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/1 18:59:12 )

@Wildfire: i'm just missing something and i don't know what it is.......i want a background but none are coming to me lol

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.