Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Me: I will recreate and reuse this old avi

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 09:42:17 )
      Also me: can't remember half the items on it

RIP

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 09:44:07 )
@Anarchist Beauty: i know this struggle to well...
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 09:45:06 )
@Anarchist Beauty: ... the same with mirrow avis though

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 09:51:45 )
      @Miss Sandman: It is the struggle to end all struggles.
      I keep my avi images in a closet thread but not a damn thing in the world can help me remember the items I used. lmao
      I think I know Gaia items better and I've got literally thousands. xD

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 09:57:46 )
@Anarchist Beauty: yeah i habe struggle to remember them too.... orr like "woah i sell this a while ago"

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 10:00:22 )
      @Atropa Belladonna: I have this 'can't sell shit' disease, so usually I don't have to worry about that. XD
      I only sell things if I have spares, and I make sure those spares are on my mule.
      It's something leftover in my head from my time on Sapherna. lol

Donator — Pomepome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 10:13:26 )
@Anarchist Beauty: thats the reason i revive my mule though xD
+Pls ping me+
Nothing Fancy to see here!

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 17:40:24 )
    I had the same avatar for three years because I was on hiatus.
    I come back and immediately change my avatar… then cry because I don’t have that avatar saved.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 18:28:54 )
llyr:
    I had the same avatar for three years because I was on hiatus.
    I come back and immediately change my avatar… then cry because I don’t have that avatar saved.

I feel this xD I have my Gaia outfits saved, but ever since they added that "days since last changed" thing I don't wanna change my avatar because I want a high score xDDD
Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 21:00:52 )
      @Atropa Belladonna: My mule is just blank. Poor thing is just a storage bin with a cool username. XD

@llyr: Oof, RIP.
      The curse of 'CRAP I DIDN'T SAVE IT'
      I now save everything. o-o
      I keep buying closet spots for it all.
      Just bought a whole new page of em last night. XD

@Alchemists Fire: I change my Gaia avi all the time.
      I used to change it like several times a day, but now I have more self control.
      I need to get back and switch it up again bc my current is still very winter-y themed.
      But also kinda Frozen themed.
      It's both.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 21:25:05 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Closets or some sort of outfit saving feature are my favourite thing on avi sites. I also have a bad habit of screenshotting and saving everything (including item lists, if I can)

I remember the first time I changed my avi and being disappointed that it changed globally and not just for new posts xDDD
I think I went through the "change several times a day" thing, but probably mostly when I was playing zOMG! It was always a pain cause my friends and I had to reload the game for the avi change to show xDDD

Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 21:39:07 )
      @Alchemists Fire: That's what I do sometimes, too.
      I need to buy more closet slots on Gaia so I can just keep all my things there and not in an evernote. XD

I'm not just imagining the chaos of site saving the avi you had for each post.
      I remember Solia (before it went stupid) used to have an option to save that particular avi with a certain post, but no other site.
      Made it convenient for remembering which post style I used for which avi.. lol

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 22:45:46 )
    @Alchemists Fire: Too bad there isn’t a hidden achievement for length between avatar changes.

@Anarchist Beauty: I uh…. I didn’t realize saving outfits was an option on here.
    My mind has just been blown…
    *immediately goes to buy closet spots
Currently Questing;
keep warm
librarian
fabled
draconic dream

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 23:29:32 )
      @llyr: It hasn't always been there, but yeah!
      Staff loves us and want us to be able to just hoard all our avis.
      I respect em for it. lmao

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/12 00:25:13 )
@llyr: Haha, I think I thought there was an achievement for it, which is why I started doing it xD
I also failed to mention that I LOVE your current avatar! ♥

@Anarchist Beauty: I didn't get on Solia until after it went weird, so I had no idea that was a thing!
But yeah, that would be really convenient for remembering post styles!!
I wish Voltra had something like that, since I have my quest thread organized by which OC I wanna dress up as

Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/12 00:27:42 )
      @Alchemists Fire: I think my solution to the 'which post style for which avi' thing would be a thread of my former post styles with the avi as an image where the text would go.
      Sounds simplest.
      Sounds like I need to do that, too...
      Because I like to reuse avis and therefor post styles. lol

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/12 00:43:10 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Yeah, I'd totally do something like that too =)
I think my biggest worry is that my post styles would be too hard to read. As it is I'm worried this purple text I'm using is too tricky >_<

I haven't changed my avi on here in a long time, maybe I should go do that now just for fun

Maple

Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/12 01:00:36 )
      @Alchemists Fire: Text color variations can be difficult to manage.
      I just try to avoid that part because I'm very lazy, but I like to add images and things.
      Sometimes that bites me in the butt bc my post styles were created on and for desktop, so sometimes on mobile it's all whacky and I'm like 'yeeeehhhhh whoopsie'. lmao

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/12 02:35:32 )
I save all of my avis now, even if I didn't truly like them lol. I think I've yet to re-equip one, but you never know. One day I'll make a gallery here, but that takes more motivation than I usually have. xD
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/12 02:39:49 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Becky just let me help you, I can tell you what items you used by looking at it

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.