Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 18:00:26 )
@Koah: Oh! You snuck in while I was typing!!

I'm sorry to hear about your car and lack of heat... ugh! That's no fun at all! I hope you can get it fixed soon - or at least, like you say, not have the temps drop any further (and hope you don't have to drive too far)

@Totalanimefan: LOL! Yeah... there's plenty of that going on around here lately... and flip flops with big socks XD
I like the cooler weather - it's a good opportunity for me to actually wear jeans and boots! :3 <3

I'm currently running around in jeans, muk luks and a tshirt... and my feet are cold. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 18:00:38 )

My dad does that every time he's cold and I'm like, aren't your legs cold? I would rather wear lounge pants with a T-shirt, then a hoodie with shorts lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 18:02:03 )
Yeah, I'd rather have my legs covered than going the other way with shorts and a hoodie. It's amazing what a difference it can make.

A neighbor was walking their dog this morning in shorts and a winter jacket...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 18:06:41 )

Floridians: This is the way
lol.

I'm wearing PJ pants and a t-shirt right now (luckily the office room in my house is warm)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 18:11:48 )
That sounds comfy :3 It's good that your room is warm. This room is warmer than most of the house right now too... but the sun is beating on the window and it's the south side of the house. Right now, that's good :3 In August... not so much XD

omg... I'm going to have to go find some wool socks!! My feet are getting colder by the minute o_0

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 18:34:03 )

@Wildfire: I was wearing thick wool socks this weekend when it was in the 20's and because downstairs my house is very cold. I have a few drafty windows and I had a contractor put a door on the crawlspace under my stairs and they did a really shit job so now it just leaks cold air into the house. Tried using those draft guard things, and it helped, but it's still not that great.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 19:32:19 )
@Totalanimefan: wool socks are awesome. I didn't find mine, but I did change my shoes ... and went for a walk. It's really nice outside - warm and sunny and "Spring-ish"!

Sorry to hear about the contractor ... that sucks. They should know better than anyone what needs to happen around a door!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 20:56:37 )

@Wildfire: That sounds nice. It's partly sunny today and almost 40 lol. I like your weather better.
Yeah really. I guess I need a carpenter instead.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 21:05:19 )
@Totalanimefan: A carpenter would be one way to go about getting it fixed. It might be your best option, tbh.
And yes, my phone is telling me it's 65*F out there, which seems about right to me...maybe a little warmer, especially in the sun.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 21:41:44 )

@Wildfire: 65 seems amazing. I want to be in that haha. The days are starting to be a little bit longer. Which I'm liking, and in like 5 weeks we will have the time change again!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 21:55:42 )
    Koah:
    I eat potet klubb bland with a side of broccoli. However, if you were to make the balls small, you could toss them into a vegetable, pork, or beef soup.
    We always make a lot of potetklubb (potato dumplings), we have a tradition of slicing them thin in the morning and frying them up for breakfast. Either way, this food is extremely filling and if you aren't a potato demon, it's not yummy. lol.

I live in a small town in Oregon state, our restaurants are almost entirely Mexican cuisine. I would love it if something more exciting moved into our area.

I'm looking forward to trying out those potato dumplings. The weather here seems perfect, too, to give something like that a try. I had curry over the weekend, which is always very comforting and filling. We just use some of those Golden Curry bricks and toss in some little vegetables.

Ah, I remember that about Oregon. There were so many Mexican/Hispanic stores and restaurants. I was ashamed not to be very familiar with the cuisine in regard to cooking, but the food was always good.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 22:55:30 )
@Totalanimefan: Is it really only 5 weeks until we change the clocks again? Wow... that went quickly!!
Yeah... you know... Florida in December-April is usually pretty awesome XD <3

@blue: How are you today?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 23:40:48 )
    @Wildfire: I'm doing well today, thank you for asking.
    How are you?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/31 23:47:41 )

@Wildfire: Maybe it's 6 now that I think about it? But isn't it the first full weekend in March? So that's pretty close. I'm so ready for winter to end.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/1 01:48:06 )
@blue: (sorry...I disappeared)
I'm doing pretty well thanks

@Totalanimefan: uhhh, I dunno. I'd have to check the calendar. I am not anxious for winter to end... But you know... Florida. Xd

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/1 01:52:18 )

@Wildfire: Yes that's the nice time for you guys. This winter and how cold it was, made my husband think about Florida again. I do miss my family, but it's harder to get a job compared to DC, and we like living car-free. :)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/1 13:53:39 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes, I completely understand. :3

Good morning.
Can you believe it's already February?
What's everyone's plans for the day today? - anyone doing anything fun?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/1 16:04:59 )
    The year is already really flying by, isn't it?

I don't have any particular plans, or anything exciting planned. I was waffling on the idea of going for a walk, but I imagine that with the recent snowfall it'd be difficult to find a sidewalk that has been cleared off. Maybe just a small trip to the grocery store to pick up a couple of new treats.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/1 16:07:20 )

Howdy everybody. I have been so busy the past couple of days. Today I get to relax a little bit. My mom is home from the hospital.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/1 16:18:55 )
@blue: My family makes the potato dumplings a little different than these recipes online. :3 Next time I make it, I think I'll take progress pictures. Our recipe doesn't use exact measurements. It's a lot of 'feel it out'. :3
I think my favorite state I've ever lived in for food was Hawaii and Wyoming. Hawaii for their fresh tropical food. Wyoming because of the cheap wildlife foods. I miss a good ol' Bison Burger.

@Wildfire: I have to definitely get my car to the shop today. lol. It was frosty this morning. I drove my car down to the bus stop and halfway, my window fogged/iced up from the inside and the outside. So I parked at the bus stop and let some 15+ kids watch me scrape the inside and outside of my windshield. T^T

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.