Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/15 16:16:19 )

@Kory: awwww, if you ever need anything at all, let me know.

I did get more sleep!

I'm at work right now listening to a podcast and having some tea :)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/15 17:51:11 )
Good Morning.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/15 21:45:04 )
@Another Movie Addict: The fact that your D&D characters did yoga at all is pretty hilarious. The fact that everyone FAILED miserably at it is absolutely ROFL hilarious! <3 How did you guys even come up with the idea to try it??

@Purpsy: Awww... I know that feeling. I'm sorry, and hope you can find a way to feel better soon! :3 It does sound like you're keeping yourself busy, though, and that's good :3 <3

@Kory: I'm sorry to hear you got some bad news last week and that it's affecting you so badly. I hope it's something that you can process through soon, so you can start feeling better. Is it anything you want to talk about (if not, that's 100% fine - I just wanted to give you the option) Don't worry about me if you disappear - we all have lives and are trying to balance them out for ourselves the best we can - but I appreciate the explanation.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/15 21:45:34 )

@danielle: I love yoga too, but it has been quite a while since I've made it to a class. Even doing a little bit on my own has been too long ago at this point and I'm feeling the effects :(

Gardening... well, I have tried doing some in the past with mixed results, but that's because of what was planted versus where I live (Florida). Since I seem to have a little more time available these days, I wanted to try it again - this time with things that might actually grow in this weirdo little place! XD So far, I'm really excited and have been planting things daily. Today, I removed two shrubs that weren't thriving and planted two banana "pups" (seedlings, basically) instead! We'll see what happens next ;)

@Koah: Good Morning! ... Afternoon!! ... something!! (lol - the sun looks like it's trying to set already here! XD)
How are you today? What's on the agenda today?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/15 22:08:33 )
@Wildfire: I've been cleaning up my bedroom to begin sorting gifts. It feels good to finally get the messy bedroom sorted.
We have Really strong winds today and it does Not help that we just chopped down like 7 trees in our yard/driveway yesterday. o__o'

Our internet cable just fell off the pole on our property, so there's a good chance we'll be without internet soon. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/15 22:42:29 )
@Kory: I understand. I just wanted to give you the option :3 And I completely understand about not wanting to socially isolate... people need people... and here is a pretty good way to get some of that human interaction that we all need! :3

@Koah: Oops! I hope you don't lose internet (but I need to go cook dinner soon). It sounds like you guys have been busy! What prompted the tree chopping? Just too many of the things or were they a potential threat to the safety of the house?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/15 23:06:37 )

@Wildfire: Yep is better than moping around, also blasting some Christmas music while cleaning seems to help.
How's your day going?

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/15 23:42:24 )
@Wildfire: A couple of the trees were tall and limber, so small threat to falling onto something. For the most part, our property just has a lot of trees on it. Our driveway is the worst with trees. So we cut down all the trees around the round-about. I've watched so many trucks struggle to squeeze between our house and trees. so bye bye trees.
Now I just hope the guys finish the project they started. OTL There's just piles of branches and debris in the driveway.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/15 23:42:56 )
@Purpsy: I'm glad things are going pretty well for you! Christmas?! I forgot to answer your question on whether or not my decorations are up yet - they are not. They won't go up for probably another two weeks (after Thanksgiving, which is... next week?? 25th!). It seems too early for Christmas... yet at the same time, it seems like it should be here...

My day has been long and busy and ... physical! I'm enjoying the cooler air (it was still 70+*F today). It has been a pretty good day, all in all. :3 Thanks for asking.

@Kory: Yup! I don't think your Voltra friends have disappeared, if that's what you're thinking...
Are you looking forward to the holidays? Thanksgiving (you're in CA, right ... so American?) and Christmas?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/16 00:22:16 )
@Koah: gotcha. Yeah, trucks battling to stay on the drive between the house and the trees sounds like it could be amusing but potentially dangerous!

@Kory: you have a lot going on, from the sounds of it!

I haven't given much thought to Thanksgiving yet. I ordered a turkey and have been picking up some canned sides when it occurs to me. Hubby requested that I make a kale & cranberry side dish recipe that I make sometimes. Beyond that though, I'm not sure yet.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/16 02:18:36 )

@Wildfire: yeah. As much as I felt good after doing yoga, I also felt sore because of how long it had been. Some parts were definitely singing to me. Haha.

Oh, that's so exciting! I wish I could garden right now but I live in New Hampshire so... XD maybe I can have a little planter box in my room or something! Let me know how the banana pups go!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/16 02:20:28 )

@Kory: awww I am sorry. Again if you ever need to talk I am here!

I am glad too. I am pretty tired right now though!

I tried the peach tea I picked up. I love peaches.

Questing

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/16 04:00:04 )

Anyone have an art shop they'd recommend?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/16 13:42:45 )
@Kory: "heartbroken" is absolutely a valid feeling - even for things that we don't normally associate that word with. And I'm sorry that you feel that way. Time passing usually helps. In the meantime, you are quite welcome to chat here :3

The personal choices and preferences of meat in your house sounds complicated! I vote for turkey for both Thanksgiving and Christmas!! Yes, the kale and cranberry dish is cooked. I usually make it in the Instant Pot. If you want me to find the recipe for you, I will - just lmk.

And no, I don't think you're bringing anyone down. I keep disappearing because I'm doing different things around the house and the yard and because my timezone is noticeably different than yours...

@danielle: Yeah... oh, yeah... I know that feeling a little too well these days! It's funny how much you really feel "yoga" after you've done it! :3 What style do you usually do? More yoga usually helps with that, though ... it's a good way to establish a good habit of daily yoga! XD :3

Ahhhhh yeah, NH. No gardening for you for a good while! Unless you set something up inside, and even then, you might need a mini-greenhouse! It would be fun to try, though, IMO! What do you want to plant?

@Another Movie Addict: ... an art shop? Not off the top of my head, no, sorry.

Good morning.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/16 13:48:28 )

Boo. I'll figure it out.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/16 13:51:01 )
Sorry AMA. What are you looking to get done?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/16 13:53:45 )

Lol my DD&D character as box ghost.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/16 13:54:52 )
Of course it's your D&D character! I really should have known that! XD ... box ghost, though?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/16 13:59:28 )

Lol character in Danny Phantom. He's a ghost who haunts boxes, and last night I had to cause a distraction with boxes while invisible.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/16 14:04:27 )
Ahh... well, it makes sense that I didn't get that reference, then. And that sounds like quite the amusing story... situation... something! XD ... and like it would be fun to draw. If I had the time, I'd offer to do it (assuming you even liked my style), but I'm pretty swamped with various things these days. I hope you find somebody. Is anyone active in the art forum? If not they probably will be soon, with the event...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.