Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/9 22:58:13 )

@wildfire: OMG that is extremely worrisome! I'm so glad he's okay!

Good grief, I've been thinking about the issues of driving a lot lately.
How tired I am of driving on the highway to and from work everyday.
I see accidents almost happen at least once a day. California reeeeally needs a good public transit system.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/9 23:12:27 )
@icedchai: yeah... *sigh*.... public transportation might help with certain situations and environments (maybe yours), but it wouldn't help much here (Florida) and everyone seems just so damned aggressive and/or oblivious with their driving lately... /eyeroll/ It doesn't help that half the country seems to be moving here lately and they're all LOST... trying to find whatever it is they're trying to find...

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/9 23:18:51 )

@wildfire: That's so accurate I could cry. I used to love driving -- listening to music by myself and relieving stress.
But it's so damn chaotic now. I'm always pissed at someone, or nervous someone's gonna get hit.

Not just the highway, but the sidestreets too. I live in a pretty touristy beach town with narrow roads and
very little parking. I've noticed the traffic and the general *vibe* while driving has gotten so much worse
over the years.

Places like California, Florida, and I've heard parts of Texas and Colorado, are just getting so congested and overwhelmed.
It's giving me a headache just thinking about it, lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/9 23:49:40 )
@icedchai: Yes! Ditto! Once upon a time, in the not so far distant past, one could drive for hours and find a certain meditative aspect in the doing of it. Now? ... not so much! I'm dodging "tourists" all the damn time. Once upon a time, that experience was limited to "December-March" and the snowbirds and spring breakers (I'm not far from Clearwater Beach, if that means anything to you). It's not the case these days. :/ There are new housing developments going up around here in ALL the cowfields... and the "new residents" are ... complicating things. :/

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/9 23:58:55 )

@Wildfire: Ah crap sorry I forgot to reply back =w=;
I'm doing alright, I got really hook on a channel on youtube which made me forgot all sense of time.

How is your day going?

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/9 23:59:28 )

@wildfire: Oof! I say this at the risk of sounding like an old fart, but times really have changed, haven't they?
And I really can't tell if time's moving too slow or too fast. It somehow feels like both, lol.
My partner's from a little town in Indiana, and he heard from his family that there's new
development all around there, too. In buttf*ck Indiana of all places! Sheesh, no where is safe these days.
Pretty soon Antarctica is going to have it's own track homes gated community and Trader Joe's, lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 00:03:45 )
@Purpsy: I'm doing ok, thanks. Sometimes, falling down the rabbit hole is not a bad thing...

@icedchai: LOL - exactly. Sometimes I feel like I might as well be shaking my walking cane and yelling at the kids to get off my lawn!! XD ... and TIME? It's in some alternate reality, imo... one that is inconsistent with "fast" or "slow" ... or both!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 00:08:20 )

@Wildfire: It was a good rabbit hole if I'll be honest. I discovered a channel called Cinema Therapy and is pretty much about a license therapist and a professional film maker reacts to a bunch of movies. Cried a few times I'll be honest but is a good cry. Then I forgot is night time now ouo;

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 00:11:47 )
@Purpsy: well, if you fell down a rabbit hole, I'm glad that it was one you found rewarding! :3 <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 00:13:35 )

@Wildfire: Yep, I suggest to watch the channel for some wholesome stuff and prepare some tissues TwT
How are you doing?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 00:27:02 )
@Purpsy: I'm hanging in there, thanks. I'm about to go chill and watch stupid things on the tv...

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 00:27:47 )

@wildfire: Oh boy, I'm not that old yet! Feel like I'm getting there though.
I'm getting nervous with all this crypto currency, like I'm gonna get left behind like my
grandparents with their debit cards. Pretty sure they still write checks at the grocery store smh.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 00:30:49 )

@Wildfire: Not having a great day?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 00:31:01 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: im okay, just working on painting slowly due to laggy laptop lol.
how are you?

@icedchai: im alright, just trying to be active on here.
how are you?

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 00:59:58 )

@moodyb: I'm hangin in there! It's a Monday for me, but it feels like it should be a Friday.. lol damn

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 01:02:33 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@icedchai: Lol i feel that. it does not feel like tuesday for me at all.

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 01:12:55 )

@moodyb: And I've just settled into the chilly weather, however apparently it's supposed to be 80 degrees this weekend.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 01:21:50 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@icedchai: i wish warm weather would go away for a while lol.
We're supposed to have a warm November.
which means i'll feel awful in december lol.

I hope it at least will snow.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 14:12:24 )
@icedchai: I'm not that old yet either but some days, man... XD

@Purpsy: eh, my day was ok. It could have been a lot worse.

@MoodyB: Hey Moody - nice to see you :3 I'm hanging in there, thanks.

Good morning. It looks overcast outside but I think it's supposed to be warm and sunny again today. I should check the forecast -it might affect what I do today...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/11/10 14:21:00 )

@Wildfire: Ah I see :3

Morning everyone~
Allergy season is upon us *sneezes uncontrollably*

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.