Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Hangout with me here!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:40:16 )

@CooperationIsKey: Oh that's a good point. I didn't even think of that. They might be closed.
The mall is a good idea. You could let the dog in the car for a little while if they look hot. My chihuahua is totally fine in 81. He's only hot in like 90+
How do birds do in heat? Could you spray the bird with a mister to help?

@Wildfire: You knew I had family there? I said west coast and you assumed Ft Myers? lol

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:43:52 )

@Purpsy: Oh yes, I make damn sure to stay hydrated in the heat. I lost my 19-year-old baby brother to heat stroke so it's not something I take chances with. And yeah, I've got my fan, though it's a tiny desktop one it's better than nothing!

@Wildfire: Yeah, we've had a couple A/C hiccups since I've lived here, the last one she had to replace the thermostat but after that it worked fine. I dunno what the problem is today though.

Funny enough I was really cold all day yesterday, like hiding under my blanket cold when I'm normally hot-natured. So I wonder if it was colder in the house than the thermostat was letting on? Maybe it's just the thermostat again. I hope it's simple whatever it is.

@Totalanimefan: Toki is a chihuahua mix so he probably will be okay with the heat as long as he has water. I have no idea about the bird; the next door neighbor and the people across the street put their cockatiels outside during the day so I imagine the heat isn't too bad for them. Though George isn't used to the heat either so I dunno. As long as it heats up gradually and he has water I imagine he'll be fine.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:45:29 )

@CooperationIsKey: Toki will be ok unless your apartment is like 95. Dog run hotter than us, so the temps need to be hotter before it becomes too hot for them. Plus a Chihuahua is a warm weather dog, if you had a cold weather dog it would be different.
Seems the bird will be ok too. If you don't want to go in public a cold shower works pretty well.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:48:26 )

I'm going to go back to studying now. ^^ See you guys soon.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:50:37 )

@Totalanimefan: It's only supposed to get to 87 today so hopefully it won't be too terribly hot in here (although personally 87 is too hot for me!!).

Have fun studying, see you soon. :D

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 18:01:47 )

Oh gosh I hadn't even noticed we're nearly to page 100 in here. :O

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 18:10:42 )

@CooperationIsKey: 87 is too hot for us because it's pretty close to our hot temp, so it's hard to maintain our internal temp. Dogs are at 106F instead of 98.6F for humans.
See you soon. I hope that you can stay cool. ^^

@koneko See you soon. It's a really nice day outside! I'm going to go on a walk later.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 18:11:00 )

Yay for almost page 100. I'm sure we would have already gotten to 100 if I was here more lol

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 18:34:16 )

It's starting to reach "unpleasant" levels of warm in the house. :c Roommate called her A/C guy but I'm not expecting him to respond on a holiday, and it's already 1:30... sleeping tonight is gonna suck, I can't sleep when it's hot. :c

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 18:45:07 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't know why I knew Ft. Myers area, but I did...
I'm sure we would have blown by page 100 if both (or either) of us was here more than we have been. Still, the thread is keeping up a good pace :3 <3

@CooperationIsKey: I hope whatever is going on is a simple, easy fix too. Good luck! :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 19:48:30 )
Such a long drive home. But nearly there. About an hour yet.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 19:50:57 )
    Good evening everyone, how’s things? I’m just about to settle in for an evening of ignoring my novel writing!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 19:56:54 )

@Wildfire: True. This thread is still super active. XD
The studying is going ok today. This class has SOO much to go over in it. T_T

@CooperationIsKey: Oh no. Try not to dread it. Maybe try to get cold before sleeping. Then use a fan.

@koneko: Good luck with the in person interview tomorrow! I'm sure you are going to do great. What color are you dying it?

@Kay: Almost home! That's a long drive.

@sunny: Hey there! It's an event. You gotta be on Voltra daily. I'm just studying today, duh. It's a holiday in the US today. Most people are off.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 20:01:38 )
    @Totalanimefan: oh that’s good that you have a holiday! is anything special happening, or is it just a day off?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 20:34:42 )

@koneko That sounds awesome. ^^ Good luck with the dying. I would probably mess up and get it everywhere but you are super experienced.

@sunny: It's Labor Day in the US. Culturally it's the unofficial end to summer in the US. Most if not all kids will be back in school starting tomorrow (in some places they start earlier). Lots of people go to the beach, or the lake or do something fun outdoors. (Or a BBQ at in the backyard)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 20:35:54 )

Hey hey. First time posting since the event started XD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 20:36:35 )

I submitted a design for the Garden to Table thread. I don't want to say what it is just in case people get to vote on it later and I don't want people to pick it just cause it's my one.

@vengeance: Hey welcome! You are just in time. The event is only about a week old at the moment. ^^ How are you today?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 20:40:00 )

@Totalanimefan: I am doing fine. I walked 9KM today. My feet and legs are dead XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 20:40:42 )
    @Totalanimefan: Oh I get it. Just a relaxing fun day. I would love one of those lol. We have been having a mini heat wave today and yesterday, it was nice :)

@vengeance: hey there! what a cool avatar you have :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 20:41:48 )

@sunny: Hey sunny and thank you. Is that a knife in your avatar?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.