Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 00:36:52 )

@Rei Ann: OMG, Did we just become best friends!? I super agree with everything you said. I'm very much into Public transportation and improving it and improving our urban areas and better housing for people. It's a hobby of mine. I will speak or write letters to city council in support of a new project, or to voice to opinion on what could be improved (which is normally something like adding bike lanes lol)
Have you ever been on the bullet trains in Japan? They are wonderful! When you are ready to leave you can just go to the train station and tell the manager where you want to go and he will print you out a ticket for the next train. They run so often you don't need to plan in advance. And then trains themselves are very clean. You feel like you are floating on them and there is no motion sickness at all. You have a lot of leg room. It was so smooth and comfortable on the train I actually slept, and I never do that.

I don't know how I would have done virtual school in 2020. I felt like too much was changing and mentally it was just a really hard year. Props to him for being able to get through that.

I hope it doesn't cause burnout either. I will be taking breaks during that time. Like once every 2 hours and also breaks for lunch and cleaning. I have Pokemon Go to get me outside and going for a walk too. I plan on sleeping at least 8 hours each night and that is one of the things I've been good about during the pandemic. If I find it's still too much I could make it something like only 4-5 hours a day and then I will have more fun time.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 00:40:05 )
@Colin: Definitely "Done." If I had his powers and immortality (basically) I'd finish half my bucket list in a year. No problem whatsoever.

@Totalanimefan: Yeah I would rather live in Minnesota and most of the time have to deal with neither lol. I feel for her though :/

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 00:49:24 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes, yes we did.

It's so what the world needs. Like faster public, would solve so many problems. It boggles me that we don't invest in that as a whole country. In early American history, it was a super huge deal to get the railroads built, but it's like oh we have cars now, let's not do anything. So I use to be from southern MD, it's the tip of MD, below Dc, and in community college I couldn't drive, so I took the bus my first year, and it was terrible. The buses barely ran, and I lived in the furthest part, so once five hit, the buses wouldn't even run to near my house. I think that needs to be fixed.

I have not. I want to so bad. That sounds amazing as train service. See this is something we should fund. I could just imagine how much process we could make. Also a huge project like that would open so many jobs. But since's it's not communism to spend money on public works, I don't think we will get it in my life time.

He told me he had to do his voice lessons in the car. I don't know how he manged, I got a history degree, so that for sure could have been done online. I would have hated though.

Sounds like you have a prefect plan and schedule for how you will defeat school.

I hope it doesn't cause burnout either. I will be taking breaks during that time. Like once every 2 hours and also breaks for

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 01:01:23 )

@SorrowTheMad: As someone who has lived through it, I feel for your friend too. Goes she have any air purifiers?

@Rei Ann: Heck yeah!
I totally agree. Good public transportation would solve so many problems. It would do wonders for the environment, the economy, people's bank accounts. I don't think people realize sometimes just how expensive it is to own a car. Or they won't rent near public transportation cause it costs more, and it's like yeah but your car is costing your $600+ dollars a month. Ditch it and live somewhere better lol. It would produce so many more jobs that the GOP loves if we could have people build infrastructure that we truly need. Growing up in FL we didn't even have a bus service. I went to England for University and it opened my eyes to what it could be like and they don't even have it that nice compared to other European countries lol

When it's safe to, and you have the money you gotta go to Japan and ride it! There are passes you can buy if you are a tourist and it's unlimited 7 or 14 day passes. It's great!
Anonymous:
But since's it's not communism to spend money on public works, I don't think we will get it in my life time.
I lol'ed at this

Online schooling is not for everyone and that it ok! My AA degree was done in person except for my summer classes I would take. I would do them online because I didn't want to pay for gas for going to school 5 days a week.
The other thing that will keep me from burnout is what's happening in my life. In Sept I'm going to FL to see my family I haven't seen since 2018. And in Oct I friend is coming for a long weekend to stay with me in DC. I also haven't seen her since before the pandemic. And for thanksgiving my mom and sister would like to come to mine. :)
There are also 3 video games coming out in the next few months I want to play. Shin Megami Tensei 5! Pokemon Gen 4 remakes, and Pokemon Arcues. :)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 01:03:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@sorrowthemad: That's very true. Plus, it would explain (a little more), why he's such a miserable f*** a lot. He's done all there is to do. But he's gotta keep going.

@totalanimefan: Raiding IS a great way to pass the time. I love it when I can just solo one.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 01:06:15 )

@Colin: Me too! I love that 1 and 3-star raids are soloable. I'm glad that they took away the 4 star raids. After 5-stars appeared it was too hard to find people for the 4-star raids. Now they just need to make the Mega raids soloable lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 01:15:53 )
@Totalanimefan: I agree. I'd love to ditch my car, but public transport here isn't great. I dont know many places in the USA that have great public transport. Besides really big cities, and still traffic is so bad, so unless you take the subway, which can be delay it still aint great. I want Europe and Japan transport. One day..maybe?

Man, if I go to japan, I am so down for that. If I ever go, I also want to ask my friend who taught their via jet, about the bathhouse she went to. She brought me home so bath salts, that I got to use here. Plus all the candy and craft kits I would get. Though I know I can now use japan amazon for that.

Oh visiting, that all sounds awesome. I don't think I have any plans for the rest of the year. I want plans, but saving. I hope we get to do the holidays, my in laws may not want to due to covid. My nieces, still can't get the vaccine, I think, unless pfizer can now be given to kids under 12?

I can't wait for the pokemon 4 remakes. I'll get to do contests again. Thats is my favorite pokemon mini game. Tales of Arise also is suppose to come out in Sept.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 01:35:20 )

@Rei Ann: If us Millenials and Get Z say no to cars as much as possible we might be able to see some change. I know that for some of us in the generation it's because they simply can't afford it, but also not everyone likes driving and it sucks that it's really the only way to get around unless you live in a city like you said. I became car-free only after leaving CA last year and moving here.
I would like Europe or Japanese levels of transportation. That's the dream.
Japan is amazing for more than just trains too! I know Japanese and it was nice to finally be able to go. My husband, sister and I went in 2018. :)

I'm a little worried about FL, but I'm not going until Sept 15th, so it might have burned through the population by then. Saving is good too! Saving is how you get to go on awesome trips. Vaccine's aren't available for those under 12 yet. A few months ago they were thinking Sept it would be approved for under 12's but now it seems like that might not happen until Jan 2022.

Yes the contests will be awesome! I enjoyed Gen 4. I also liked the Underground in the old games so it's nice that they are bringing it back and making it online! I used to sit around with my at the time BF and his twin and the 3 of us would do the underground together and try to get as many items as we could out of the mini games lol. Good times.
Oh yeah the new Tales game is coming out. I keep forgetting about that. If you have never played a Shin Megami Tensei game and you have the time I recommend SMT V. It comes out a week before the Gen 4 remakes. ^^ SMT series is kinda like a harder Pokemon game with different story routes based on your choices. If you have ever played the Persona series, Persona is a spin off of the SMT series. So no dates or balancing school life. It's a bit darker of a series.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 01:51:52 )
@Totalanimefan: Well that's true, but it's hard in small towns to do that. It's actually why I know how to drive. I was super scared of it, I use to have bad nightmares, and if I had lived in a place like NYC I would have never learned.

Oh me and my fiancé would love to go. We had considered it for a honeymoon, but when we were starting to plan to get married, we had low money. Then during the course of the last year, he got a major pay upgrade when he left the video game industry for the normal tech industry, and so we can for sure think about it in the future. I want to loose some more weight before then, I am somewhat heavy and I've been told Japan has things run on the smaller side.

Man, I would love to go to FL, for disney, but we are holding off, it it's less of a hot zone. Man, I was hoping it would be sooner. At least I hope so by my wedding, not that there will be too many kids, but I won't want to be a super spreader event.

I think in this copy, they are calling them super contest. I can't wait until this game is out.

I've been waiting for a tales game, that isn't based on the Zestiria world. I hated Zestiria so much. It's prequel game was better.

So I've played the persona games, well 4 and 5, and the weird FE x Shin game, but I've never played a Shin game. But I also don't handle dark/horror games well, and heard the Shin games could be scary?

I am over hearing waiting for Rune Factory 5 US release date. I need this game, like the plants need the sun.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 02:07:39 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: I... still have trouble solo-ing 3-star raids...

But yeah, 4-stars became unnecessary, really.

And solo a Mega raid. Now THERE is a friggin' concept. You do that, you are unto a GOD OF POKEMON GO. Or hacking/cheating.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 03:08:34 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh nice! Yeah it's hot here too, but also smokey so I didn't go out. The air has been off and on, it usually is around this time in California because of wildfires either up north or down south. :/ (Sometimes in central areas too)
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 14:58:13 )
@Totalanimefan: I honestly don't think so. I'm not sure though. I could ask her.

@Colin: Yeah you're right haha! He's probably got one last thing on his list that he's waiting for to celebrate once he can actually be done with his life, like a huge party or something for his final days, but yeah, it definitely explains a lot about him lol

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 19:58:53 )

@Totalanimefan: My gma has one she doesn't use... I may see if she'd be wiling to let me have it. Tho honestly my apartment is so small idk if it'd be worth it lol. How's your weekend?

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 21:44:20 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: That'd be pretty sweet. I just like him as a character. As far as DC goes, he's far more 'adult' than a lot of what they put forth. Hell, people often straight up FORGET he's DC.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 22:26:35 )
@Colin: Yeah I like him too. He's pretty great. Not my favorite (of course, since Dinah Lance is), but he's definitely in my top 5 DC characters. I like most of the JL: Dark characters just because they're unique. Like, for example, we have Flash, but how many Speedsters are there? Not to mention Marvel has their own in Quicksilver. Whereas there's no character quite like John Constantine or the JL: Dark characters in any comics that I've found. He's so much of a loner that even Marvel doesn't want to give him a match lol.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 22:35:10 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: It's true, Marvel really doesn't have an equivalent for Constantine. And yeah, he's easily in my top 5 DC characters. Hell, he's in my top THREE.

Those being, in order, The Question, John Constantine, and Shining Knight/Sir Justin.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/29 23:23:53 )
@Colin: The Question is also really great, and definitely unique. Well not even just Marvel having an equivalent but like I mentioned with the Flash, we have Wally, Barry, Bart, Jay, Jessie Quick, XS, ect. Constantine has...sort of a comparable character in Zatana but they're different enough that it's not really a fair comparison. I consider him one of the very very few unique characters in all of comics. The Question is one of the other few. Even Doctor Fate has a pretty comparable Doctor Strange.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 00:35:06 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Huh, that IS fair. Never thought to compare Fate and Strange, but... yeah, that is a good point.

And yeah, Question and Constantine are pretty unique. If you look hard enough, you'll see similarities between a whole bunch of the superheroes.

...and then you become The Question, believing it's ALL A CONSPIRACY!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 01:33:52 )

@Rei Ann: same. I was terrified to learn but I had to.
Things in Japan are smaller but unless you are buying clothes it shouldn’t be a problem. You will be able to fit in any seat 💺 (apparently there is a Shinkansen seat emoji Lolol)
Yeah I feel that. I booked this trip to see my family in June. So I had no idea this was going to happen. I don’t know if I said it to you or someone else but maybe by the time I’m there delta will have burned through the population or people will be vaccinated.
Oh I’ve played all of those games. Including the FExSMT crossover. I think you would like SMT. It’s not horror. I can’t handle that. It’s just that instead of you having a Persona inside of you that you control, they are actual demons. They are living in the world and they can attack you. There are no shadows. Angels and Demons are fighting for control of how the world you work (normally law and chaos factions) and you have to pick throughout the story which one you aline with. It’s pretty seamless when playing so choose all your choices wisely. Or just play as you wish and see which side you end up on. You should watch some trailers on YouTube :)

Omg RF5! Big need! I loved RF4! I put so many hours on that game. On the 3DS and Switch. I don’t remember the US release date.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/30 01:59:33 )

@Colin: oh they are tough! I used to not be able to solo all the 3 stars but now I have good enough Pokémon that it hasn’t been a problem in months.
I do think that if people stop doing mega raids that will have to change how it works. Like they did for 2 and 4 star raids. So I’m just hoping they will make it soloable.
@KittyBeary: I’m sorry you are dealing with that. I lived in Silicon Valley for 5 years. The wildlife smoke sucks and would just get worse every year. I couldn’t do it anymore. I think after next week it should be better.
@Lilykin: could still be worth it. Totally up to you. My weekend was good. Yesterday I went to a bakery and it was good. Had to wait in line so you know it was a good one lol. Then my husband and went to a free art museum (yay for DC) then had dinner. Today was more chilling at home. What did you do this weekend?

@SorrowTheMad: how was your weekend? :)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.