Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 03:12:12 )

@KittyBeary: Did you get any of the new items yet?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 03:25:13 )
@Colin: I mean considering how well both Black Panther AND the first Avengers: End Game movie did, I can't imagine it wouldn't be a match made in heaven. Add to it they can actually do crossovers and I doubt they could screw it up if they tried. Haha.

Knocking on wood very hard right now just saying.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 03:28:53 )

@SorrowTheMad: Maybe it's not the coffee, maybe what makes it so good is that you are doing cold brew? lol

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 04:20:23 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: Oh, damn! Nice EXP haul!

@sorrowthemad: Fair enough. It'd be a license to just print money!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 05:01:09 )

@Colin: Yeah I was saving my evolutions for days! ^^

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 05:17:03 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Smart move! And now we are literally hours away from Spooky Season

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 05:26:50 )

@Colin: That's so exciting! It starts at 10am our time. ^^

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 05:44:58 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Same here. 10am local time. And then we'll see what Niantic has in store

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 12:25:36 )
@Totalanimefan: It definitely could be some of that too. I did some research and cold brew usually ends up tasting sweeter than normal-made coffee so I'll partly blame the cold brew for it haha. :D

@Colin: Absolutely! I'd love to see it. I'd pay to see good DC movies, I have paid to see bad ones so I'm on board with this plan :D

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 22:31:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: That would be nice, to pay to see a DC movie, and leave feeling good about it. I mean, a few HAVE been good, but they seem to be the outliers.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 13:18:35 )
@Colin: @Totalanimefan:

So, I didn't end up seeing Unleash the Archers, they had a visa problem and couldn't even get in the country. However, the three bands I did see (we were late and got there in the middle of the first band's last song :/ ) were absolutely awesome. Seven Kingdoms was a lot of fun, I ended up buying both of Plague of Star's albums in fact because I liked them so much, and Aether Realm was pretty good too. And all three of the bands did live tweets with the crowd and saying "Unleash the Archers, WE MISS YOU!" The lady from Seven Kingdoms kept saying "I know none of you came out to see US and you came to see Unleash the Archers but thank you so much for coming out anyway!" And the singer for Plague of Stars was such a sweetheart, I wanted to get a picture but didn't get the opportunity. The band we didn't really get to see was called After Time and I'm about 90% certain they were local. They were good from what I heard, sorta like Nightwish. I got a hoodie too for UtA because I travelled 3 hours and I was getting a damn hoodie lol!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 16:12:24 )

@SorrowTheMad: Darn too bad you couldn't see that band, but at least the people you did see where great! I think that makes up for it. Did you end up going with those new friends of yours?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 23:17:45 )
@Totalanimefan: Just my coworker, her boyfriend and I. I was trying to get a friend from Magic to go but he didn't want to. Also the hoodie they gave me was a size too small lol. It was loud though so I guess she misheard me. I had to ask her to repeat herself like five times.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 23:58:17 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Awww, damn. Sucks your headliner wasn't there, but... sadly, not much can be done about that.

Still, sounds like you had a HELL of a time, regardless! So that's good!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 00:10:50 )
@Colin: Hell yeah I did! I've already had one playthrough of Plague of Star's first album today, I really like it. It's like Nightwish almost (the singer on Wikipedia is just labeled "soprano," not vocalist, if that gives you any idea lol) but the riffs are pretty heavy in the back. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Arch Enemy but the singer was clearly taking some inspiration from Alyssa, even her outfit was kind of a blacked out version of The Eagle Flies Alone outfit, not to mention the like, dance moves or whatever you call them.

The singer of Seven Kingdom was pretty, uh...sexual might be the right word. She worked it well, it was great because she was a lot of fun as an entertainer. She's been in the industry a while compared to Plague and After Time (the band I didn't really get to see), she knew how to get the crowd moving and they even had a small mosh pit going.

All in all, worth the three hour car ride and three hours on my feet.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 00:23:26 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: And that is what truly matters at the end of it all.

And I may have to do some research on these bands. They all sound pretty damn good.

I'm... vaguely familiar with Arch Enemy, and what I remember, I like. So that's a good anchor point for me.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 00:47:49 )

@SorrowTheMad: RIP well that kinda sucks. Anyone you could give the hoodie to, or are you just going to keep it?
Nice that you could go with working friends. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 01:05:50 )
@Colin: I will say they SOUND nothing like Arch Enemy, just the look and feel of how she dances feels inspired by Alyssa. More like Nightwish vocally with some grindier background. I like it. I feel like it might be hit or miss for some people but it was a hit for me. :) But you're right, I had an amazing time. Also the singer of Plague sings so crystal clear I could more or less make out what she was singing through earplugs. Most everything else was kinda muffled but I could damn near make out every word from her. Seven Kingdoms was VERY powermetal though, half the songs they did were ballads and it was awesome. Felt a little 80s almost, with how their music was done, which I love. I recommend all three. After Time was good from what little I heard, but like I mentioned, I got there halfway through their last song. She's an operatic singer too. If you like Symphonic Metal I recommend them both :)

@Totalanimefan: I'll keep it. It's awesome! And with a little weight loss I'm sure it would fit :)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 01:37:06 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: If you're trying to sell all this to me... you're succeeding admirably. I DO love me some power metal. And 80's vibes? Sign. Me. Up. And I love me some Nightwish, as well.

Basically, I have some musical digging to do!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 12:26:56 )
@Colin: Haha sorry. I just love discovering new bands and even if they're bands that are pretty well known and I just haven't heard of before.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.