Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 22:48:05 )

@Ruby: What do you like to do at cons? ^^

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 22:50:52 )
@Totalanimefan: I like to dress up, ive been in a few photoshoots so thats been wonderful. I mainly liked to hang out with friends and make those memories. And see others cosplay and the funny things that happen :) I have a pretty good time considering I don’t “participate” all that much lol and I like to shop lol I don’t get a lot but I enjoy buttons and plushies and wigs lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 23:06:01 )

@Ruby: The photoshoots are fun. Some people in my group cosplay, but others don't. It's fun to see lots of people cosplay things from the same series. :)
I also like hanging with friends. For Otakon I see friends and family that I only get to see once a year. We have a ton of fun.
I normally only buy an anime mug (I didn't see any this year I wanted) or a pin from the artist's alley. This year I got 2 stickers for my reusable water bottle. :)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 23:11:40 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: heh, sounds really nice.

And I have no pets.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 23:17:25 )

@Colin: It is nice when the cat snuggles me. The dog does sometimes but he likes my husband better.
Even though I love my pets, they are a lot of work. And can be very stressful when they are sick or old.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 23:23:55 )
@Totalanimefan: my first con I didn’t cosplay and it was still just as fun :3
Even just wearing a strange outfit thats not an actual cosplay can be fun xD might do that at my next one lol

I adore the pins haha although I have my own button maker now so that’s been pretty cool too to make anything I want :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 00:07:04 )
@Totalanimefan: It's after 5 PM for me, but yes, the same calling in every day. I don't have to go in tomorrow though! :D

@Colin: I DID manage to score a ride there, all I need is to buy her and her boyfriend's tickets. :D So I can go! :) I'm so flipping excited! :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 00:14:04 )

@Ruby: I always wear anime related shirts and stuff at the con. :) It's so much fun and it makes you feel like you are apart of the con.
Oh do you use it a lot? What buttons do you make? I love collecting enamel pins. They are pretty.

@SorrowTheMad: Nice. Why don't you have to go in tomorrow?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 00:18:27 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Yeah, pets are a big responsibility... but the companionship can very much be worth it.

@sorrowthemad: Congrats! So an extra... 60 bucks for their tickets?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 00:35:09 )

@Colin: Yeah I do think overall they are worth it, but it's not always a something everyone can do. Like one time we were getting a new bathroom put in our condo, and the cat walked in the not yet dry concrete and I didn't know until I got home from work hours later. That was a $2,400 vet bill. He was ok in the end. Vet had never seen that lol
And more recently, my dog is just old, and deaf and can't hold it in anymore. About once a week I'm stepping in #2 and every day my husband or I are cleaning it up. He also needs medicated food and has heart and knee problems.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 01:22:39 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Oh dear, at least your cat's all right.

And... that is a shame to hear about your dog, to understate it. How... old IS he, anyway?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 02:03:42 )
@Colin: Yeah pretty much, pretty great to be able to see one of the most powerful female vocalists in metal on stage :D Guess I need to look for when some of my other favorites are in the state :D

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 02:15:56 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Metal? Huh, didn't know you were going to see a Metal band.

Gonna take a stab at the band now, given the information I now know. (and if you've said it already, I musta missed it.)

Is it... Unleash The Archers, with Brittney Slayes as the vocalist in question?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 03:21:06 )
@Colin: Hell yeah it is :D I can't wait, I love Brittney so much, the whole band is fantastic :D

But yeah, metal and rock is pretty much all I listen to. I grew up on Manowar and Metallica and even some Hair Metal bands like Motley Crue. :)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 04:11:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Metallica's pretty much a staple these days, lol. But Motley Crue, eh? Nice! I used to listen to a lot of Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and Black Sabbath.

Now (in terms of metal) I mostly listen to Slayer, but also some Anthrax and Testament. Though my recent musical binge is the band Scythelord.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 04:35:45 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it does. Most of the time I haven't had any problems.
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 12:30:07 )
@Colin: Very nice! I grew up on most of those bands that you mentioned, and Maiden is still in my top 5 :) Nowadays I mostly listen to more "extreme" metal or newer power metal bands like Unleash the Archers, Powerwolf, ect. I've also always loved punk like The Offspring and such, and so a lot of my recent listening has been hardcore punk and stuff like that. Volbeat is fantastic and feels sort of like good old fashioned hard rock, only newer. :) If you want to get a little sampling of them, I recommend The Bliss, Mirror and the Ripper, Fallen, and Let It Burn. :)

My playlist right now has a lot of Volbeat, A Day To Remember, Spiritbox, Sabaton, Jinjer, Unleash the Archers, Halestorm, and Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! Some awesome bands :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 14:53:30 )

@Colin: Thanks. He just has so many health problems. He's 13. He's a small dog so in my mind he shouldn't have that many problems this early. But it is what it is. In April he ate rocks (I know, what a dumbass) and they don't do the surgery cause of his age and health problems. They said he could just pass it, but if he throws up you haven't to bring him back because that means it's blocked. So the next morning he did and we were at the vet. I thought that was going to be the end for him, but they did X-rays a few hours later and they were all passed his stomach.

@KittyBeary: Your avatar look nice. ^^ How are you doing today?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 14:53:41 )

It's Friday the 13th y'all!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 21:21:57 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh god, my roommate's little dog likes to eat just about anything, and I'm pretty sure he's eaten some rocks, mostly because we've both had to get him to spit out rocks and shells (we live in Florida so the yard just... has shell bits XD) many times.

And wooo! Friday the 13th! I should watch one of the movies to celebrate. XD

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.