Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 15:25:26 )

*sees the pony I want finally on ebay* Yes!
*sees the price* No...
*sees the the location* Nooo...
*sees the shipping* Absolutely not.

The pony in question /cry

Anyone else stalking things on ebay?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 16:03:16 )

@Lilykin: I haven't seen a Cabbage Patch pony in years! Do you collect them? :O

I haven't looked at anything on eBay in a long time, but I believe the last thing I bought from there was a concert DVD. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch it because it's Japanese and I don't have a DVD player that supports its region code (and my laptop doesn't have a DVD drive). ==;

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 16:16:44 )

@Ark: I do! I'm down to 4 I'm missing out of the Magic Meadow series. I technically have this pony but she's mint in package and I don't have the courage to debox her. I just want a loose one so she can sit with the others TT__TT

Ah dang, that stinks. I have some BBC shows I bought that I didn't realize were region locked. >:[ You can reset the region on some dvd players but then you're stuck with that region. Maybe get a cheap one and do that?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 16:34:20 )

@Lilykin: Holy crap, I just noticed the shipping fee! That'd be a lot of money to shell out, but do you think it'd be worth it to buy her while she's available? I'm trying to look around online for another one but I can't find one. :[

And that's not a bad idea, I could probably do that ~

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 16:53:30 )

@Ark: I've been trying to get them around $15 or less so she's already out of my price range. If I still needed the other ponies they're selling it might be worth it. I'll just have to patient and hope I snag the next one T_T

I really need to join some FB groups b/c according to the my little pony forums I'm on you can find some good deals there. But I hate dealing with FB :/

Let me know how it goes, I might be tempted to do it to for some older shows :O

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 17:37:08 )

@Lilykin: Ahh okay, I see. $15 is a lot better budget than the price for that listing hahaha. xD

And I don't blame you, I hate Facebook myself lol. BUT, if there's a chance of scoring your pony on there then it might be worth dealing with it for a little bit. Or you could even ask some friends/mutuals to be on the look out in those Facebook groups for you. :O

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 19:03:33 )
Holy moly. I get irrationally angry when the shipping fees cost more than the product itself. Like what even?!

I'm not brave enough to shop on Ebay lol. I'm afraid I won't get what I paid for.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 19:18:06 )

Ooooh no.
      That shipping is not it.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 19:31:05 )

@Ark: I have some fb marketplace alerts set up but nothing yet. If I get desperate I'll bite the bullet XP

@Aisukohi: That's pretty on par for shipping from Australia to the US. You gotta buy a lot to justify the shipping :| Ebay is usually sides with the customer as long as you show proof that the item was not as describe. Shipping might be a different matter though. They usually defer to the post office unless you can prove it was on the buyers end.

@Anarchist Beauty: I knooow TT__TT

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 19:41:58 )
@Lilykin: Makes sense since it's suuuch a long way away! That's good that Ebay is pretty good to their customers, though. I don't buy a lot online, but it's gotten more tempting lately.

I hardly ever return things, ever. But luckily I haven't had a lot of situations where a return was needed!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 19:43:16 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Im not sure if the shipping is lower for me bc im in the eu? its about $19
And if thats it then i find that decent?
I collect expensive dolls i regulary have to pay $40 shipping on

I dont really buy on ebay but i do love buying secondhand (i get my dolls either from instagram via a tag, fb groups or on a forum dedicated for those specific dolls)
I have a grail doll, wich means that doll is very had to aquire. They where limited for a month, i asked the artist and theres a chance it will be availble once more but i have no idea when.

Heres a picture of them

There has been 2 times somebody sold their and once the seller ghosted me and another time it got sold right before my nose hhhh

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 19:49:36 )

@Lilykin: /pats
      It's okay, one day you will find the thing at an affordable price with free shipping.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 20:05:53 )

@GoblinsAndTea: Oh yeah, BJD's get expensive. I wouldn't mind paying extra shipping on one of those cause if I'm dropping $500+ on a doll it darn well better be insured lmao. I don't know if you're familiar with Batchix but basically all her dolls are my grail dolls lol (she's doing a pre-order right now and boy howdy do I want to drop some dough on her robot girl).

That's rotten luck tho with the sellers. If it was on DOA I think you can report them? (Idk, I mostly hung out on the artists forums, there was too much drama for me in the regular forums ^^; ) I'd avoid buying a bjd on ebay unless you know the seller. To many recasts floating around >:[

@Anarchist Beauty: Aww, thanks. Someday Sundance will be mine. She's actually the one that made me want to collect these. My Gma gave me her and Star (silver version) when I was little and I wanted to rebuy them

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/4 21:01:46 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Lilykin: Oh shoot! fellow doll peep!
I heard of batchix b4 and saw some sculptures wich i really liked!
Also sadly the sales where on instagram.

I must say recasts arent exactly the reasen i dont buy on ebay, just majority of ebay is outside the eu causing me to pay 1 quite some shipping and 2 custom fees and just customs in general (once had some doll legs stuck in customs for 5 months...)
Ive been in the hobby for almost 6 years now so i do know what to look out for and what to ask to make sure its legit bc i am anti recast lol

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/5 02:11:26 )

@GoblinsAndTea: Her boys are gorgeous. I was so bummed I didn't have enough for her dark elf at the time :((( You can email Bats directly and I'm pretty sure she's putting up an etsy pre-order too.

Ugh, yeah, I forgot about customs. And they only seem to be getting worse.

I've been crying over bjds since 2006ish when I discovered them and promptly realized I probably wouldn't be able to afford one. I tried my hand at making my own but didn't get very far lol

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.