Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/15 23:54:51 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: Huh, I see. Sounds like some interesting things.

Also, yeah... I read up on the Square part of it, and... eesh. People were NOT happy with it.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 00:02:29 )

@Colin: Yeah I've been looking forward to Shin Megami Tensei 5 since the announcement which was during the first switch annoucement trailer! It's been years. I've played SMT4 and I'm playing SMT3 at the moment. They are hardcore JRPGs but I like the challenge. I'm pretty sure I've talked about them before with you. I also like one of their spin off series, Persona. It's much more popular than the main line series lol
Square like Square Enix? I feel like they didn't have that much to show off. I watched their presentation.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 00:22:51 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Oh yes, you have, lol. It's nice to know that SMT is still managing to be relevant and get new games, despite Persona being launched into the forefront of everyone's minds. Relatively speaking, anyway.

And yeah, Square Enix. It sucks that those FF1-5 remakes/remasters/whatever are JUST for Steam and mobile. And they're ONLY available for purchase separately.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 01:02:40 )
@Totalanimefan: Damn, I'd die walking that much, although I definitely should walk more! Glad you guys had fun even if they worked a bunch.

@Colin: Vehicles were a hot mess and I loved them so much lol. Artifacts are my favorite card type so I try to incorporate them when I can. :)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 01:11:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Artifacts can fit in almost anywhere, really. My Commander decks always have a handful of at least mana rocks.

And yes, I loved vehicles! Objectively, they are NOT good. At all. But oh man, when you found just the right jank to make them work, they were HILARIOUS!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 03:14:08 )

@Totalanimefan: Bagels are great, but you just can't beat a good biscuit. Pass on the ham and pickle tho D:

Here's the playlist for the Worst MMO Ever? It's been a real hoot to listen to while I do chores. Speaking of which... *stares at sink full of dishes, willing them to go away*

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 03:21:00 )

Oop, well, went to edit my quest thread and it's locked lol. Do I just need to make a new one? I don't wanna @_@

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 03:47:29 )
@Colin: This is true, in fact we're seeing it right now with Brainstone being played in Azorius Control (on MTGO) since MH2 is legal on MTGO right now. I've even seen a couple lists playing Urza's Saga as well in the main to tutor for them. It's a Miracles build with Terminus. Lol. It's pretty funny to me, I still think Brainstone is awful lol. My Tergrid has a ton of Artifacts, both Ramp and Stax pieces, but for Gitrog I only have a couple and a very tutorable Collector Ouphe to slow my opponents down. T1 Vamp Tutor into T2 Ouphe has won me more than one game lol.

Vehicles are hilarious. They weren't the worst in Standard (I went on to quit Standard just after Kaladesh rotated) iirc. I was on Constrictor +1s at the time and I had a jank little Improvise deck as well. Lost interest in Standard though after that, it had been a lot of the same 3-4 decks for too long, and continued on long after that. I mean I started at the height of Jeskai Black and Abzan, so it was tough to find variety there lol.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 05:40:45 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Oh man, tutoring that quickly into the Collector Ouphe? Depending on the deck, that may be a reason for them to scoop right there and then. That thing can shut DOWN a deck if it's the right/wrong matchup. And... ok, Azorius control is fine and good, but... Brainstone?? That has... I mean... are they that desperate for pseudo card-draw? Or maybe I just don't think in the way control players do...

Also, oof. That sucks that you started when Abzan and Jeskai were at their most popular? That was a time of... just... irritation in Standard. No real room for experimentation, as the same stuff just kept showing up. You either ran it, or ran hard counter to it.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 12:34:52 )
@Colin: Yep, I try to do it early and often, as it's my only real stax piece to keep my opponents from going off, but it does keep a LOT of people from winning early as well. Some of the decks I play against can win through it though or tutor for kill spells so it's not always the best. Yeah as far as I can tell, the only reason I can see Azorius Control playing it is so they can put Terminus from hand on top of their deck on opponent's turn, then Miracle it on their draw step. It's not great.

Yeah I played Jeskai Black, along with some other "for fun" decks. There was very little of it at my meta which made it a little better, but I still hate playing against Siege Rhino lol. Thankfully I started after BFZ dropped because I know there was a lot of Jund Monsters from the Theros block there, that lack of diversity would have irritated me. Lol.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 19:16:47 )

Afternoon y'all

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 19:26:17 )

@SorrowTheMad: Oh it was a lot. Even with my good walking shoes my feet hurt lol. By Saturday night they were screaming at me lol
Yesterday I just so happened to walk 4 miles. I wasn't planning on it but when I was out for a walk I was like, I want to go to my fav bagel place. So I walked just a little longer to get there, and then they were closed! (Closed on Tuesdays T-T) So then I just went to the biscuit place next door. When my order was ready, I was 5 mins late getting the bus, so I decided to walk back home instead of waiting for the bus. I powered walked the 1.4 miles home in like 23 mins lol.

@Colin: I agree. I think a lot of first timers to this game are going to play it because of Persona but I'm glad that both of these series are getting love, because they are both great. And I think Persona 5 was the most SMT-like (Out of 3, 4 and 5, only played those) so it will be a bit easier vs if you came from only Persona 4. If you haven't seen the game trailers I could link you to the English and Japanese one.

@Lilykin: I sounds a little weird but it's probably good lol. Oh as for your quest thread, you can ask a mod to unlock it or you can just make a new quest thread. I went on another long walk today. Still shorter than yesterday but I was walking up through the parks on the river near me and I didn't want to stop exploring. It was very pretty.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 20:07:37 )
@Totalanimefan: That's awesome! Great job :D I really should do some kind of exercise. Maybe in the fall when it's nicer...

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 21:15:10 )

@SorrowTheMad: Or in the mornings or at night. Start small with something like just 20 mins. Or walking around your downtown area or something like that. Fall is a good time, but I find that nighttime is cool enough for me.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 22:01:02 )

@Totalanimefan: it's getting hot
and my workspace doesn't have the greatest ventilation so makes it worse lol

oh thank you :3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/16 22:29:44 )

@Vixen: Oh no. Are you able to keep cool enough? Make sure you are drinking more water.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 00:01:01 )

@Totalanimefan: yep staying hydrated and i've been airing out the room every couple hours

please @ me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 01:26:45 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Okay, Brainstone IS a decent way to manipulate your draw for miracle, but... eh, I guess if it works? I dunno, part of me wants to say there HAS to be a better way. Also, fair enough on the BFZ stuff. There were some good cards in it, but I didn't pay much attention to the Standard at the time. Admittedly, because I was tired of WoTC going to Zendikar. AGAIN.

@totalanimefan: Yeah, sure, linkage me!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 02:30:03 )
@Totalanimefan: I am still hurting, it is going to take some time. All we can do is try, so keep on trying
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/17 03:20:24 )
@Totalanimefan: I might just hang out with one of my Networking friends lol. I offered to help (since she broke her back a few years ago and still hasn't really recovered) and today she called in the favor, I lifted bricks and sand bags and dug holes and moved plants for her. Her two kids (about my age) were there as well as a friend's daughter (who was 13) and I am dog tired now, but man was it worth it to get some of that frustrated energy moving.

@Colin: Well since literal Brainstorm isn't in the format and JtMS is the only real option I guess it's not the worst. And actually, some of the decks using Urza's Saga are using a couple utility Artifacts that are tutorable (like Pithing Needle or Mishra's Bauble) so that they can hit something even if they use all the Stones. I don't think it's terrible, but I don't think it's any better than, say, Esper Charm in Esper Control. Terminus is fine I guess though. BG 'Drazi was kinda fun. And I had a HELLACIOUSLY fun time in Ixalan with Dinosaurs. I made a Jund build, called it Jund-rassic Park. The groans and sighs were enough to make it worth it, and it worked out pretty well. Speaking of, I think I might cobble together Living End for that tournament coming up. It's well positioned, I have most of the pieces (besides literal Living End, but it's like $20 for a playset thanks to the reprint), and it's stupid easy to learn to play, I'm sure.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.