Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 22:34:26 )
Aaaah well, D&D is always a plus.

Hey - you don't happen to know anything about facebook pay, do you??

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 22:36:05 )

I do not.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 22:37:34 )
Ok. Thought I'd ask. Thanks.

So when does D&D start tonight? Are you in the middle of a campaign or off on tangental RP situations?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 22:39:45 )

Session starts at 7, and we should be getting to plot stuff soon.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 22:41:06 )
So you're in the middle of a campaign or getting ready to head back out for one :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 22:43:01 )

Technically we're still on a campaign but had some down time in the story.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 22:45:53 )
Gotcha. So what are you guys up to and what are you expecting to be doing soon?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 02:33:24 )

@Wildfire: oh that's cool! i hear a lot about cricuts, but i've never used one before. got something specific in mind for it?
lol through facebook is even sketchier xD next will be paying in gift card codes lmao
thank you :D gotta make use of these lovely new starry items!!

please @ me

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 02:57:17 )
@Another Movie Addict: No worries lol. Was your suit hot? That's nice that your con was local! My first con was local, and it was a really good con, so was grateful to save that expense of lodging lol. And that sounds like you had an aggravating day, but glad it's over.

@Wildfire: Yeah, things seem to pick up around here toward the end of summer/start of fall, so there's that. Still, the weather better behave!!!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 03:02:27 )

@Aisukohi: Oh that suit was super hot. My hair was drenched by the time I took the head off. But it was worth it.

My day sucked.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 03:06:30 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oof, I can imagine being drenched! I hope it's better for you in August, though August weather tends to be pretty killer too. x-x

I feel bad for crazy lady. I wouldn't want to live like that.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 03:08:54 )

Well luckily that convention knows to keep plenty of water on hand for furries, since it's a furry convention. This one had a really bad water set up. The venue straight up took my water bottle, and banned the use of vending machines. You had to pay for their over priced water. They didn't even know if they had water fountains. We did eventually find some.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 03:16:51 )
Omg, that venue with the anti-water bottles sounds horrible!! I'm glad you found some water fountains, but still!

And that's good that the next venue has better water options. I like bringing an insulated cup to venues that allow it so I can keep my drinks cold. I wonder if that venue you're going to allows that?

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 08:21:21 )

I'm just gonna jump in, but wow, that sounds borderline illegal, to restrict water availability like that! And what about people who cant' drink from the fountains/can't drink tap water? Just budget for water instead of fun stuff I guess. Yikes. :(

(Hi, I'm new and just kinda jumping into conversations!)

Please ping me!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 13:18:59 )

Yeah no the water thing was dangerous for the fursuiters and the people in the bigger hotter cosplays. You need to stay hydrated when wearing those kinds of things. But this venue is owned by an entity that is well known for pulling shit like this. They say it's to keep outside booze and stuff out of the venue. But it's really to force you to pay 3$ for a water bottle.

The other convention does allow camel backs, and outside food and drink. So you can keep hydrated without bankrupting yourself. And they keep water stations all throughout the convention center.

My friend did bring in a camel back to keep hydrated, and they almost made her dump the whole thing out. Without knowing if she could refill it anywhere.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 14:23:19 )
@CooperationIsKey: Welcome to Voltra! I don't mind people jumping into conversations lol. Gives me more to respond to! But yeah, venues that prohibit silly things like that make me not want to be a part of it.

AMA: Camel backs are nice too. I haven't used one in years, but I remember taking one for outside field trips in grade school and it really came in handy.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 14:26:57 )

Good morning everyone~
I hope everyone doing great today :3

I'm dying in heat here at the moment. At least it rained this morning...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 14:27:10 )

Like okay you don't want outside food and drink, that makes sense. You don't want bad things sneaking through. But that's when you provide things for people. And they did. They were just heavily overpriced. Like Disney prices for a shitty civic center.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 14:36:37 )
Hey Purpsy! I'm staying inside and avoiding the heat too lol. We've been getting a little rain every day for about a week now, which has been nice.

AMA: Yep. I go to this rock music festival once a year, and they allow you to bring one bottle of water per person, which is something. Food and drink can be expensive, but they're also all locally-owned businesses that have set up in tents or food trucks, so I'm happy to support.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/8 14:39:28 )

@Aisukohi: I had to go out yesterday... it was scorching hot geez x.x
At least I least I have ice cream on my freezer now.

How are you doing today? :3

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.