Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/5 15:28:57 )
@Colin: Unfamiliarity with my deck, basically, and some mana issues (my own fault on that one). I'm used to playing Tempo and since Esper Control is doing so well I thought I'd try my hand at it for a couple weeks. Turns out I'm not as good with the deck as I'd hoped lol. It's Control though, has a bit of a learning curve. I did manage to get a pretty good win against Storm though. He was all set up to win on the next turn and I Guile'd away his Graveyard and made a 1/1, then animated Colonnade and got him for exactsies on my turn. He said "I didn't even see you play the Colonnade!" and reminded him it was my Turn 1 land.

@Totalanimefan: Yeah I'd probably do one of those then. Or both, I could play one on computer and one on my phone, so I could trade. If I felt like it, that is lol. Yeah I totally get what you mean about older games though. My all time favorite game is Castlevania: SotN, and I definitely feel the difference between that game and, like, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (since it's the same kind of game, made by the same creator). But there's no beating nostalgia for SotN, and it's still the best Castlevania game in my opinion! :) I'll give SMT a try probably someday soon :) If it's old enough I can probably emulate it on my phone or computer :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/5 15:41:27 )

@SorrowTheMad: Heart Gold/Soul Sliver are DS games so I know those aren’t hard to emulate. SMT3 is a PS2 game and SMT4 is a 3DS game. SMT5 is probably coming out this year and we are going to get news at E3 which is like 2 weeks away.

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/5 15:57:31 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, maybe. Though I probably should spend my day doing chores/art stuff instead lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/5 15:58:32 )
@Totalanimefan: I can emulate PS2 on computer, I haven't really tried but I know it's possible. I could use Youtube to figure it out. I do have my brother's 3DS too. Sweet :D

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/5 21:24:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: Ahhhh, the joys of cat ownership.

@sorrowthemad: Oof, fair enough. Still, nice win against the Storm player, though! And yeah, I know the feeling of a learning curve with a new deck. Back when Bant was first introduced, it took me a bit to get the hang of it.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/6 03:21:18 )
@Colin: To be honest the Storm player was a little salty about not only our match but having been hand-hated six times in one game the previous game by Jund Death Shadow, so he wasn't happy about going up against Control the next round lol. Yeah, I can totally see that, and Control is really tough too because unlike most decks where you have mostly the deck put together, and then just add a few flex slots, Control decks are almost completely flex slots. Fun, to an extent, but it's really hard to figure out what to put in those slots sometimes. Like with Esper, it's like "Do I want 3 Esper Charms or 4? Do I want Drown in the Loch or Mana Leak?" It's rough lol.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/6 03:30:42 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@That's fair. Building a control deck is... SO much mind games.

And I've been guilty of getting salty against control decks. Just... sitting there as my opponent(s) denies me everything I try to do, and I'm left to just wonder "must be nice to PLAY this game..."

But I can't just scoop and call it because that's 'poor sportsmanship' or some crap.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/6 10:28:00 )
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

@Totalanimefan: Ok XD And not much. Just taking some me time.
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/6 16:24:07 )
Hope everyone's having a happy Sunday!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/6 20:37:30 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah but i would like to have it mostly done by the end of the month
i'll probably see if colleagues have any ideas on what went wrong

please @ me

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/6 20:56:27 )

Afternoon y'all, what's everyone up too?

I'm currently playing yarn chicken with my crochet lol

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 03:59:38 )

I won yarn chicken if anyone's curious XD

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 04:25:35 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

what's yarn chicken???

also not sure what the topic is (what's smt???) But just wanna say there are lots of emulators for the computer!!! i have a mac and use open emu and can play all sorts of ds / gba / etc games :-))) i got back into pokemon again recently lolol (i think there are more for windows too! just gotta look for them... also there's emulator online if u don't wanna download anything!)
imo pokemon black/white + heartgold/ss have the best music!!! :3

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 04:59:19 )

@Lilykin: Did you end up cleaning? I cleaned my whole house this week and it was a lot of work lol.

@SorrowTheMad: Oh good! I love my 3DS there are a lot of good games. You should be able to easily play both games haha.

@Colin: How was your community day? I got 3 98's!! No Hundos, but I can't complain.

@KittyBeary: That's always nice.

@Aisukohi: Hi there. I walked 10 miles today. lol

@Vixen: Well at least the month is young.

@xvz: Yeah SMT is Shin Megami Tensei. It's a hardcore RPG series that is hard but fun. Which pokemon games have you been playing?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 05:10:58 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Got a 92% shiny, I think it was. And a hundo non-shiny! So pretty well!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 05:12:00 )
@Totalanimefan: nope it wasn't a lot for me because I didn't buy a lot, and I've been relaxing, and sleeping a lot.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 05:35:14 )

@Colin: Wow you did really well! I wish I would have got a hundo, but honestly I can't complain with 98's lol

@Unicorn: That's good. I haven't had much time to relax but I think tomorrow I will be able to.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 05:54:48 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Caught both right near the end of the day, too. Like, 30 minutes before they stopped spawning. Before that, my best was... around a 60% or something.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 06:04:05 )

@Colin: That's why you have to play the whole time lol
I was showing people around and it was 95F today. It was not the greatest for playing, but I still tried to get as much in as I did.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/7 07:01:08 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Oh yeah, it was warm here too. I was out for a bit, but had to come back to cool down. I got as much as I could in as well, did the special research and stuff.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.