Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:03:07 )
@DrearyThunder: Thanks! Yours looks great too! I'm not good with avis or anything like that, I just chat on here to support the site. :)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:03:49 )
@SorrowTheMad: Awe thats nice of you! I'm here for the dressup and the community!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:12:32 )
@DrearyThunder: Doing my best, haha! Welcome to Voltra :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:14:02 )

@SorrowTheMad: thank you. I learned that apparently women get worse side effects than men on average. Lol that’s just great.
Yeah yugioh cards don’t really seem to age well. I think it’s because of the power creep? Cards that do sell well lately is Pokémon. In 2015 I gave all of my old, rare, great condition cards away to my cousin which I was happy to do. It was multiple binders. Lol now they are probably worth so much because even as a kid I was so careful with them. I don’t regret it though. I just hope he still has them.

@Colin: yes. I believe you can considered full vaxxed two week after your 2nd dose. Your body need that time to write the blueprints for fighting the virus. But still I think it’s ok to say that since I’m still going to wear a mask and not go crazy yet lol. I am looking forward to being able to see friends and family again and in the short term I’m looking forward to feeling better. Lol

@DrearyThunder: thank you. Welcome to Voltra. How did you find us? ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:23:35 )
@SorrowTheMad: Thank you! Glad to be here

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:24:06 )
@Totalanimefan: I searched up #Dressup on twitter and saw the event box items and I was like YES YES YES thats exactly what I'm looking for.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:30:29 )
@Totalanimefan: Definitely power creep. And intentional grounding of prices. Konami figured the easiest way to make a buck is to print essential cards for decks as Secret and Ultra rares, then reprint them into a reprint set a year later as easy-to-get supers or even commons or regular rares. Makes it so they can double dip on the price for the same cards, the first wave for the competitive players, then the budget players a year later looking for a chance to play a "good deck." Usually followed by a banning or limiting to stunt that deck, and a new powerful deck being reprinted. Pokemon is incredible in their prices, I had no idea the card game was still going until a couple years ago. Hope your cousin is having a blast with those cards :)

@DrearyThunder: We're glad to have you! :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:33:27 )

@DrearyThunder: wow awesome. I didn’t know you could find Voltra with that hashtag lol
We are a small, but active community here. The staff works hard to bring us awesome items and events and they also listen to feedback from users. The community is a safe space and LBGTQ+ friendly. There is even a section in settings for your pronouns.
Have you been on other sites in the past?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:35:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@sorrowthemad: I agree, the biggest problem with YGO is that the anime makes cards SUPER overpowered, or gives them JUST the right effect needed for the character to win and/or turn the situation around. That does not translate well to the actual card game, sadly.

And I've played D&D (several editions, but notably 2e, 3.5e, and looking at 5e), Pathfinder 1e and 2e, Starfinder, and Scion 1e. A friend is thinking about running a Call of Cthulu campaign, but we'll see how it goes. Haven't done Witcher, Vampire, or WoD though. Vampire seems like it'd be HELLA fun, though.

@totalanimefan: Yeah, same. Once I'm fully vaxxed, I'll relax a lot more, but masks will still be worn by me. Though I've heard in the states you can get a card or something after your second vaccination to show to people and allow you to not wear a mask. Is that true?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:36:25 )

@Totalanimefan: I have not. This is my first time trying something like this. I'm into a lot of dressup games like love nikki, Dream girlfriend. But I'm enjoying this a lot more because its a way of making me talk and communicate with other people to earn Voltz and its helping me with my anxiety because i'm not the best at talking toother people.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:37:57 )

@SorrowTheMad: yeah I noticed that with Konami. Also a lot of the good cards from the first anime are banned lol it’s like I can’t even use a lot of my old deck.
Yeah before the Pokémon revival in 2016 Pokémon cards were worth like nothing except for the original charizard of course there were small amounts of people who collected their favs or played in tournaments but causals and nostalgia fans weren’t really around and buying cards. Now they are.
I hope he is too. I gave them to him when he was only like 5 or 6 but he already loved Pokémon. Just like me he fell in love with Pokémon young. His parents, my cousins, and Gen X-ers. So they saw me play Pokémon as a kid but had no idea it was still a thing until their son was into it lol. They were like help lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:39:36 )

@DrearyThunder: Voltra is a great one to start out in because the community is great. I think you’ll find a lot of us have anxiety too. Mine is way worse cause of 2020 events. What state or country do you live in? I’m in DC.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:40:50 )
@Totalanimefan: I used to live in California but when I was 19 I moved out by myself to Wisconsin for a guy and now I'm happy here.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:51:39 )

@Colin: do you do get a card with your first vaccine. And then you are to bring it to your 2nd one. It just has like your name, basic info and which vaccine you got with the batch number and the date. You aren’t supposed to put it on social media because anti-vaxxers could copy it or photoshop it. (Which they will, trust me)
So far no government or state or airline has a rule in place to show your card. There could be rules like that in the future for travel or maybe other countries will ask for it, who knows yet, but I think it’s important to have. And what I think might be really important is the batch number just in case there was something wrong. None of that has happened with a bad batch or anything but I think it’s important to have the data.
As for wearing masks most states have adopted the guidelines from the federal government saying that fully vaxxed people don’t need to wear masks or don’t need to wear one by mid-June. However this is an honor system and of course private companies can still say you need a mask.
Also Biden put out a mandate back in Jan that when riding public transportation you must wear a mask. And that is in effect until sept.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:52:01 )
@Colin: Yeah. I think the game is really marketed to children because of the anime, but the game itself is definitely too complex for kids. It's all around strange lol.
5E was the version I played with my friend. It wasn't bad, but I'm way more interested in the, well, Witcher-like worlds or even WoD worlds. I like it to be less like Lord of the Rings and more embracing that the world is a dark and scary place, and overcoming that horror. I'd love to try a Cthulhu campaign someday too! Vampire is amazing fun, and if you've ever played VTM: Bloodlines on PC, you'll love it :) I also think some of the other games would be fun, like Hunter: The Vigil.

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, Konami is simultaneously the fun police and the fun enablers. Don't know if you ever saw Dragon Rulers: The Deck but they literally have NO ONE with a brain in their R&D department, that deck made it VERY clear. They tried FOUR TIMES to kill that deck and the only way to kill it was to ban the stupid things lol. Every time you go "That deck was a mistake" Konami always goes "Hold my beer."

Pokemon was fun, but I never really got back into it. I've tried playing some of the newer games and I just don't think it's for me anymore, although kudos to whomever still likes it. :) I even tried with the idea of competitive play online with X & Y but yeah, just doesn't really click like it used to. I gave all my old Yugioh cards away to my cousin, he and I grew up playing the game together with my brother, and he wanted to teach his son how to play.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:53:54 )

@DrearyThunder: I used in CA for 5 years. (I’m not from there) I lived in the Bay Area. Good for you that you found a great guy. How do you like the weather in WI? Do you miss CA at all?
I left because of the cost of living, wildfire season and I was far away from all my family (east coast)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:55:15 )
@Totalanimefan: I love Wisconsin a lot more. The weather here is different then what im used to but I'm already used to it. Dont miss CALI at all and the price of stuff out here are so much more expensive

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 02:58:19 )

@SorrowTheMad: I know. Yu-gi-oh is such a mess. They just really make the rules up as time goes on. lol
That’s sweet that you game your Yu-Gi-Oh cards away. I believe I did the same thing but I don’t remember? I know I don’t have them anyone and I know I wouldn’t just throw those out.
I love Pokémon so much. Always have, always will. My favorite Gen is Gen II (Gold, Sliver, Crystal) I was no a fan of Gen 7, Ahola (Sun and Moon) it was just too slow and the new games, Gen 8, feel empty except for the wild area. I do think gamefreak can turn it around and I love Pokémon go and the character designs of both the people and the Pokémon.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 03:00:11 )

@DrearyThunder: yeah I like different weather and I like rain. Idk if I could handle the cold and snow in WI. It snows in DC but it’s like 5-10 inches a season. Nothing crazy. I never liked how dry it was in CA. We’re you from northern CA or southern?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/4 03:02:17 )
@Totalanimefan: Middle

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.