Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 15:37:11 )
@Totalanimefan: that would not be a stretch at all to believe that! XD
I think my errands today are going to wait. :3

@Purpsy: Whatever the cause, it sounds like some rationale got through to her. :3
Oh! Your poor brother - that sounds stressful, tbh.

I went to get breakfast and more coffee :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 16:11:25 )
Good Morning. <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 16:16:27 )
Good morning.
How are you so far today?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 16:18:32 )
@Wildfire: so far so good. I slept hard. I only woke up a few minutes ago. Coffee is brewing, music is playing.
How are you doing?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 16:35:56 )
@Koah: I'm doing ok. It's already 11:30 here and I still feel groggy, despite the almost two cups of coffee. And I'm feeling the fall-out of overindulgence and eating too much of things I shouldn't have the last few days. I'm tired. I slept in a little bit this morning too. Right now I'm just trying to take care of some random things, but have decided to postpone the errands that I should do and just take a day off. I'll probably go sit in the sauna in a little bit, actually.

What's on your agenda for the day?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 16:47:02 )
@Wildfire: I don't have anything planned today. I'll probably clean a bit.
I should start the big project of cleaning out my niece's temporary room and shifting bedrooms around to make room for the new roommate.
Today is going to be too hot to go outside, so it'll be an indoor day with the kids.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 16:54:30 )
@Koah: Oh, so you got the details with him ironed out - that's good :3

Every time I look outside it looks different - sunny, then like it's going to rain any minute, then sunny again... lol. It means it's probably hot and humid out there! :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 17:04:36 )
@Wildfire: yes indeed. My old roommate is excited and nervous to move back in with us. We have a very "tough Love" type of relationship with him and he says he severely needs that right now.
My feathers are a bit fluffed though because our new upstairs renters aren't paying rent when they said they would. So I might need to look like the 'bad guy' and ask them. My husband has been in charge of being the landlord with them, but he's pussyfooting around the subject with them. e.e
I'm happier now, my dogs are recovering well from their marmot brawl.
lol! speaking of dogs, it's a howl-time right now. My house sounds like a kennel at a pound. lol . There's always one husky off-key in their songs. XD
Humidity is horrible! I was just thinking about your sauna and being where you live- I imagine your sauna would compete with outside weather. lol.
I need to put chemicals in our hot tub or drain it again. I dunno. I didn't do a good job of cleaning the tub last time I drained it. :T

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 17:11:41 )
@Koah: Oh no! Hubby can not pussyfoot around that just because room-mates are friends of his - that will not turn out well (speaking from experience with a friend who rented a house from us and completely F*d us over because we gave him the benefit of the doubt with his excuses (lies) for not paying rent promptly).

LOL. Yeah, it's a bit weird having a sauna in an area that is essentially its own sauna, but the type of heat is very different (dry in the sauna; humid and nasty outside) and it feels different. In some ways, I'd prefer a hot tub, but there's at least a 3-4 month wait on getting them once you order it right now and that just wasn't going to work - lol.

I'm glad your dogs are recovering well from the marmot brawl... even if they're being noisy (but cute) right now. My dogs are being quiet at the moment, which is a good thing since I have a bit of a sugar headache from the crap I ate yesterday. THIS is why I eat cleanly. THIS is what I need to remember when I am tempted to "indulge"... THIS is not indulgence. THIS is annoying! Grrr....

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 17:31:10 )
@Wildfire: oh my gosh, I am now at the point where excessive sugar hurts my mood and body pretty bad. I feel your pain. I had a pretty big bowl of ice cream before bed and woke up in the middle of the night with acid climbing up my throat. e.e
I have friends that still down energy drinks like it's tea or coffee, and I can't understand it.
Good point about your sauna, it would have a dryer feel than outdoor wet-humidity. I lived in Wyoming for a long time, it's So dry there. I didn't even realize how dry that state was until I went to Michigan and got blasted with humidity [which isn't even as bad as FL] It was so sticky! How do you functionally live?! lol!
My dog stressed me out so bad the last many days, I didn't notice initially after the marmot brawl that her paw was cut open. My husband worked his war-veteran magic and bandaged her up. We had to go find surgical glue and hold her down to apply it. She's not limping today! <3 Her limping was heartbreaking. D: And she was cuddling me and leaning against my legs when I walked around the house, she's not the type to want affection.
My other dog's nose is missing a small chunk, but it's healing well.
UHG. can't believe my dogs lost to a marmot.
I'm starting to notice the type of relationship my new upstairs roommies have. AAAHG... man, I brought the gf to the liquor store with me and it wasn't until I saw her birth year, that I realized she's the same age as my niece and nephew. OTL I feel so old- but to be fair, my niece and nephew Are adults.. It just hit hard. She's in the beginning of her adult life, and I'm settling into mine.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 17:42:18 )
LOL. I functionally live by staying inside, in the AC... especially in July and August when there's more water in the air here than there is in my tub!! XD

Awwww... poor puppies! It sounds like they're doing ok though, all said and done. Marmots, from what I understand, can be pretty vicious, can't they? If a domesticated dog who's not used to dealing with weird animals runs in to one, I can see where that could turn pretty ugly...

LOL. Amazing how those stages of life happen, huh? I understand... especially as I'm watching my children enter their adulthoods and I'm transitioning in to the next stage of my life... x_X

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 18:00:05 )
@Koah: btw, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who reacts like that but I'm sorry to hear that you're affected by sugar, etc. too

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 18:32:27 )
@Wildfire: I love sugar, but I definitely cut back, and to try and eat/drink it as I used to is awful now.
I feel a lot better now though. My brain didn't work right when I had my old eating habits.

I am now filling up our garden pond. It's too hot to leave the pond liner exposed to direct sun.
It's not even 11 am yet and the sun is dry heat 90 ish already.

[lol, just realized I'm procrastinating my indoor chores]

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 18:36:40 )
@Wildfire: I've been dealing with that "I'm almost 30" crisis. I sort of feel like I'm losing myself while I've been home, raising the kids. :T Eh, anyway- I'll sort myself out somehow.
I can't even imagine the stage your going through with the kiddos moving out and doing adult stuff. My sister with my eldest nephew, her and I talk often and my nephew is on his own now trying to start a business and has a long-term relationship. He's settling into adulthood pretty well.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 18:40:24 )

@Wildfire: yeah it looked slightly different xD maybe it was the hair?
either way, very wizardy xD
lol thanks i am some sort of parfait....thing.....person!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 18:47:05 )
@Koah: lol. Each stage of life is different and each takes some adjusting. I am done with the stage you're now in and yes, it's more than a little weird, tbh. I would encourage you to make a point of continuing to do things you enjoy. I lost too much of that over the years and am now trying to figure out what I want to do with myself. I know myself well, so it's not horrible, but I am a bit surprised at how much I lost touch with over the years of raising the kids.

I just got out of Round 1 the sauna. It felt good but now I must drink all the water!!!

Why are you postponing your chores?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 18:48:23 )
@Vixen: lol. Yes, I changed the hair. This seems to work better, imo.

I love your little parfait avatar! It definitely looks like that! :3

How is your day going so far?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 18:58:59 )
@Wildfire: I struggle with ambition, younger and busier me bought all the things I'd need to do home-projects and to continue my hobbies. But by the time I feel like I have free time, I'm too exhausted and watching tv or reading is easier. :T
I need to find the version of me from last year when I lived alone with the kids and dogs. I had started and continued hobbies when the kids went to bed.

Yes! drink lots of water! :) I need to do that before I get another cup of coffee.

I'm just being a master procrastinator, I'm subtly finishing other projects before I start a new one. lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 19:30:21 )

@Wildfire: not bad, working right now. trying to figure out why the thing i'm working on isn't cooperating lol
like usual.
what are you up to?

please @ me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/2 19:42:19 )
@Koah: oh, lol- that's typical! Did the same thing, and it's to be expected, imo. I encourage you to put aside at least a couple hours a week to work on something just for you. :)

Lol, master procrastinator! XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.