Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 00:19:08 )

@Colin: Yeah I'm like that too. I'm comfortable around the people I know. I love playing board games. I miss it.
We have all learned new values and skills because of the pandemic. Although I think we all got worse with social skills and more anxiety. My sister says that she developed it and she sometimes doesn't even feel comfortable leaving the house even though she's fully vaxxed.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 00:51:06 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah! And like, everyone knows rotation is happening, so the price of everything drops drastically a couple months before it happens too, so you can't even break even most of the time. Honestly, I had a lot of fun playing Standard when I started but after dumping waaaay too much money into it and getting hardly anything back I just can't justify it

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 00:53:18 )

@Totalanimefan: nope it was a new place
but it had high ratings.
portions were good and the avocado wasn't a ripoff like a lot of other places lol

please @ me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 01:03:10 )
*rolls around like a barrel, then looks left and right to see anyone is online*

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 01:10:02 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: Lol. Accurate.
And fun.
Eh, I'm all right. Shoulder hurts like a bugger and I've had a minor headache, but eh. All good, really.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 01:12:21 )

@ChiffonOrange: Evenin'~

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 01:33:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: I get the feeling going back to 'normal' for a lot of people is going to be... problematic. To understate it. People are becoming so used to the way things have been for the past year or so...

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 02:02:00 )

@ChiffonOrange: I went to eat dinner lol
@Vixen: sounds like a place you should try again lol
@SorrowTheMad: that just makes them sound really greedy. Surely people just want new cards anyway but this makes them guy while new decks every year.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 02:36:48 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah pretty much, and somehow it's still the most popular format. I've actually had arguments with a couple Standard players that think Standard is cheaper, and yeah, for a year, it is definitely cheaper than Modern. But when I started playing, Standard was about a $500 a deck format, and then a year later it was about $400, so in the first two years I played Standard I spent about 1/3 of the price of my Modern deck on a rotating format. Thankfully prices have gone down but still, just a couple years of Standard easily adds up to that same price.

And that's only if you play ONE deck in Standard.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 03:05:36 )

@Amber Lynne: that all sounds like a pain.
@Colin: yes. It’s going to take a while and people are going to have different reactions to going back into the real world too.
@SorrowTheMad: what? How is it more popular lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 03:12:17 )
@Totalanimefan: Well, like I said, people look at the initial price tags. $200 versus $1500, or even down to like $20 versus $700 (for a less powerful Modern deck). It's why Pauper (which is a format where you can only use cards that have ever been printed as a Common) is also extremely popular, the most powerful decks in the format are $40ish.

It's kind of dumb though, to play it for more than a year or two. In my opinion. I have a buddy that just started playing Standard two months ago and he's already building a Modern deck because he gets what a cash sink it is. Lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 03:21:36 )

@SorrowTheMad: I would rather just build one deck and like it and keep it but edit it over time.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 03:36:23 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: Yep. Sadly. All we can do is wait and see how it goes. Though I think my own transition will be slightly smoother than others. Mostly because, as an introvert, not a WHOLE lot changed for me, really........

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 04:50:25 )

@Totalanimefan: Eh. It's life? XD

Also, I've been busy with my chara designs, so yay on that front.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 07:33:01 )
@amber lynne: Good afternoon/evening ^^

@totalanimefan: That's okay, no worries and I understand lol

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 11:12:57 )

@ChiffonOrange: Hope things are good for ya~

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 13:34:10 )
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

@Totalanimefan: Ooh, yeah they were at Fanime one year, though I didn't attend their concert. ;w;
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 14:04:32 )
@Totalanimefan: Modern, Commander and Pauper all sound like good formats then lol. Commander can be the most casual or the most competitive, depending on what you are willing to spend, and Legacy and Vintage which are by default the most expensive formats.

Commander is 100 card Singleton. You can have as many basic lands in your deck as you want but every other card is limited to a single copy (unless a card specifically states you can have more in your deck). One of those 100 cards is your "Commander," which is kept out of your deck and you can play any time you could normally play the card, and every other card in your deck has to follow that Commander's color. So if it's a Blue-Black Commander, you can only use Blue, Black or Colorless cards in your deck.

Vintage and Legacy are also non-rotating formats like Modern except you can use cards from ANY set. Vintage has a restricted-to-one list, but almost no cards are actually banned. Legacy is the same except it actually has banned cards. So in Vintage you can use one-of Black Lotus or whatever, in Legacy it's banned. And some of the staple cards are in excess of $500 or even more. There's a famous Hall-of-Famer named Randy Buehler that plays Vintage and he's got a couple shirts and a playmat that say "My deck costs more than your car." Lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 14:32:14 )
Good morning everyone. :) Hope everyone's having a good day so far.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/31 16:26:03 )

@Colin: use that power to your advantage. In the beginning I was very anxious over having to be inside all the time not seeing friends or family, but then I was like I actually have a lot more time for video games and anime (and Voltra). So I did like that part (trying to look at it positively).
What do you think you would like to do once your fully vaxxed? I would like to go back to board game night. I used to go every Tuesday and play with a group of friends.

@Amber Lynne: hey that’s cool ^^ and today you are probably feeling better right? Today here it’s really nice out so I got sure want to go out cycling. I want to try a new part of a trail that I haven’t been to yet.

@Ava: sometimes animals are just like that. Most of the time if you get a cat or dog when they are really young they will become more attached to you. Not so much for pets like reptiles or even bunnies.
June is almost here. You excited?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.