Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat It's Not a Toy

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 19:09:14 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Recently I finally uploaded my timelapse of me unboxing my new tablet i got recently.
Took me a long time to upload it, due to my internet stopped working properly after our provider rewired it in our area[it's fixed now so
we have working internet that works smooth now], but when posting my video
my aunt called my tablet..my art tablet which if anyone knows me, knows art is basically...my whole life
and am building it toward a freelance career...but she called it...a "fun toy" LOL :vanora_upsidedown:

It could've just not meant how it sounds but knowing she lives in a very highly snobbish part of town.
i find it highly doubtful and her fam constantly teases my family for the tiniest things...so it kind of was quite..insulting to me.
and just sounds like they don't think digital art can be art discourse and only traditional artists are real art[her daughter is a traditional painter and does digital art on the side sometimes].

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 19:31:39 )

I know it’s hard but don’t let her rudeness get to you. To her it’s just “a toy” but to you it’s a professional tool.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 19:36:01 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: I won't im more astounded she said toy.
Considering her daughter is an artist lol.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 19:41:20 )
Totalanimefan:

I know it’s hard but don’t let her rudeness get to you. To her it’s just “a toy” but to you it’s a professional tool.

You know who else sounds like a professional tool?

Her aunt.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 19:45:38 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Araikou: I probably should've expected this considering
where she lives and has lived for years is quite....the snobby area of the state.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 19:48:38 )
@MoodyB: I hate that crap to be honest, there's no difference between digital and traditional art, both require skill. They require different types of knowledge. A solely trad artist would probably be just as confused if they tried digital for the first time.

Sorry you have to suffer through that sort of existence.

Also I like your choice in men

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 19:54:56 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Araikou: yeah. but i mean even when i did traditional work, i still got teased LOL.
i did a painting one time at this aunt's house, and my grandfather literally told me my painting made him nauseous.
so, my fam just gets crap for the randomness things.

and my fam is super kind and nice so you kind of wonder...why they do it so much.
My grandma just says "oh he likes to tease" but there is a fine line between teasing and flat out being mean.

it's okay. Its to be expected with my family lol.

lol thanks. I just really love his music a lot as well as the rest of the group.

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:12:10 )
@MoodyB: Sheesh, that's not very nice to tell someone. How old were you when your grandfather said it made him nauseous??? :/ That's mean and could definitely discourage someone. People tend to remember the negative comments more.

Same though! I relate to Yoongi most but the boys are all amazing.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:12:16 )
Araikou:
Totalanimefan:

Her aunt.
Damn bruh, you didn't have to kill her aunt like that lololol

Honestly though, that was really funny.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:12:43 )

@MoodyB: Wow the nerve of some people lol

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:17:56 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Araikou: I was probably...14?? around there.
to make matters worse, my family was still in the process of grieving as my mother had a stroke
and i was forced to really grow up quickly. so doing things like art was a big coping mechanism for me.

Yeah i really relate to yoongi as I am someone who is quite reserved.
And their music really helps me get through the day.
and their shows too. i really enjoy the content they put out for their fans to enjoy.

@Totalanimefan: Now i am really glad im skipping out on going to the get together.
we got an invite to events. but for my family, we feel very uncomfortable just jumping to gathering.
And my sister need to get are vaccines still, and knowing we won't be able to go, im very relieved. because i do not want
to talk about my hobbies with them at all...

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:21:07 )

@MoodyB: Good. Don't go. You don't have to waste your time around people like that.
I hope you guys are able to get them soon. I have my first one and I'm getting my 2nd one next week.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:25:06 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: Yeah. Only people we like to be around is my other cousin and his wife.
As they are very similar to my family.
and they ask how we're doing and how my mom is.
meanwhile everyone kinda pretends my mom no longer exists.

It should be soon but i am suuuuuper nervous.
Not for the shot itself, but...getting lost in the facility.

I have ADHD and anxiety. so my brain completely wipes instructions from my brain.
I even got lost at my GED graduation in a library...IN THE MAIN ROOM.
so my sis plans to get her's first so that she can tell me where to go and draw me a map LOL.
it sounds ridiculous. but my memory is extremely forgetful and i get distracted easily.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:31:24 )

@MoodyB: Good thing that have some people in your family that you like at least. Makes it easier when you see family.

Oh I see. I'm sure that if you were to get lost someone working there could help you. I don't know about where you will get your shot but for mine they had tape on the ground and signs telling you where to go. If you were still confused you could just ask someone working there. ^^
Another thing would be to get the shot at the same time and place as your sister. So she could help you not get lost. I was going to get my shot on the same day as my husband and we went together but then I couldn't get it. I freaked out too much.
But then I made another appointment and my husband still went with me. I was able to get the shot there because I had a nice nurse. Both places had marks on the ground guiding you where to go and plenty of people there to help too.

I think it's ok. I forgot a lot of things lately and I don't have ADHD. I think that the pandemic for a lot of reason has caused people to have a bad memory so don't feel too bad about it. I need special care when getting a shot that others don't need and I don't let myself be hard on myself because of it. My brain just works differently to others.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:37:14 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: My sister and I plan to go to the same place.
i am just...really bad in large places. and social anxiety really makes it hard for me to just ask.
so i am hoping there will be signs..like everywhere...IN BIG FONT. LOL

My brain is just wired so weirdly...
like the memory forgetfulness is just so bad. cause with anxiety i try to focus on something to calm me down
but the ADHD part absolutely wipes the important stuff while trying to calm own LOL.
my brain's a mess lol. so i cannot do anything on my own i swear.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:46:55 )

@MoodyB: I found the signs were pretty big lol.
Maybe if there are a bunch of people you can just line up with them

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:53:11 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: i'll probably find out by what my sister tells me.
i just hope i understand it LOL.

im honestly hoping there won't be many people. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 21:12:02 )

@MoodyB: You got this! Also could you sister go with you? That might help.

Your guess is as good as mine for now many people there will be. The first time I tried to get my shot it was very busy and I had to wait in line for like 15 mins at least. But then the 2nd time I went to a different location and I was like one of two people lol.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 21:19:42 )
Araikou:
Totalanimefan:
[center]

[color=DODGERBLUE]I know it’s hard but don’t let her rudeness get to you. To her it’s just “a toy” but to you it’s a professional tool.

Her aunt.

This made me laugh so hard xD And I 100% agree
[/color][/center]

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 22:07:32 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: tbh i dont think anyone can go with me so im making the assumption only i can go alone.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.