Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2021 ┤▒├ Wild Sweet Treats

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/4 20:59:02 )

Sounds like some awesome tips! There was one recipe on Queer Eye where they cooked the brussels sprouts that I wanted to try.
Never tried Chard before. I don't care for peppers or sweet potatoes, though I don't mind giving them another taste later down the road to see if my tastebuds have changed.
Yeah, I do enjoy keyword searching recipes on there by a main ingredient for different dishes. Some recipes I glance through and notice there are some things that I could either omit or substitute because of dislike of the original ingredient.
They are 12 years old now. Twins.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/4 21:26:15 )
@dragoness129: Oh! 12 is such an interesting age! <3 Enlist their help to choose a different veggie or recipe to try each week and see what they come up with! What about pumpkin or other hard squashes? There are a lot of ways to prepare them... mashed, broiled, soups, etc. And yes - don't hesitate to omit or swap out things!! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/4 21:28:01 )
Oh! And the chard is along the lines of spinach or kale - it's another dark leafy green that is on the mild and versatile side of things. I love sauteeing it with garlic, onions, maybe some mushrooms... you can throw in some white beans in there too with a little "sauce"... YUM!!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/4 21:32:28 )

Yep! I do love showing them new recipes and gaging their opinions.
Mmm, that does sound pretty good.
Sometimes, when I ask them what they want for dinner, they tell me "I don't know" or "leftovers". They can be so indecisive, like me.
As for those, I do like pumpkin, but I haven't had it in any savory dishes, only sweets. I would have to give the others a try again. I know when I was little, I did not care for squashes.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/4 21:49:19 )
It sounds like you just need to dive in and try a couple things,tbh. It can be an adventure! If something works, great! If not? Oh well, you (all) learned something, right? And try cooking the same thing different ways ... It can make a difference. I'd definitely enlist the girls to help!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/4 22:28:45 )

Yep, yep! Just got to try them!
And will have to look up the different ways to cook things too.
Most of the time I am wanting to find something new to spice up chicken or beef differently.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/4 23:36:15 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

- rolls on the ground -
hiiiiii.

I am not an actual NPC.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 02:02:52 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I have now turned into potato for the day. Speaking of potatoes, I'm going to bake some. c:
Is that a "yay going to my moms~ c:" Or like "Dang. goin' to my moms.." or probably more neutral. XD I know when I go to my mom's I'm like -sarcastic yay-

@Wildfire: I got a plumber to my house today, they charged less than I anticipated and got things fixed, the root problem is still a problem, but it's a postponed problem. Which helps since we have zero extra income atm. This plumber was able to work off the one I paid over the weekend, and gave me exact locations, and told me I had a broken toilet. e.e"" FOR NOW, I get to relax and take a deep breath and leave my phone alone for a couple days.

@Purpsy: I have many hobbies~ c: Gardening is new this year as I've never really tried it before. :d Last year, I picked up wood carving. I wanna keep doing that, but I moved out of my dad's and I can't quite afford the tools yet.
I draw, costumes, photography, paint, uh... read.. adventure, play piano, theremin... I dunno, you name it, I've probably done it once. =O I'm not a consistent person though. I get bored doing one thing over and over.
At the moment, I spend most of my time at my computer and parenting. What do you do for fun? c:

@Ava: I added you on Instagram. <3 My page hasn't been posted on in a while, so it's pretty boring rn. I don't imagine I'm going to pick it back up anytime soon too. I like keeping to myself, although I am an outgoing person. lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 02:03:23 )
@Vixen: Hello~ <3 Your avi is adorable!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 08:57:59 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

@Koah: ah thank you!!

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 09:56:39 )
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello! :3 The event was a lot of fun, and I love the cafe theme. ^^
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 13:47:08 )
@Wildfire: hellloooo theeeeere.... hun you wouldnt believe me but i have a joooob *party* how have you been?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 14:19:02 )
@dragoness129: Sorry I disappeared on you. Yes! Get the kids involved! Check different ethnic dishes and read a lot of recipes. Even if you don't make what you end up looking at, you'll still learn about foods and preparations, and you might surprise yourself (and the kids) Try things like sheetpan chicken and broccoli too <--- I have done variations on this recipe that include pineapple, etc. (and chicken thigh instead of breast). Tell me what you try!

@Ava: Yes, the hardest part is to make sure it's fairly evenly applied, which is where another person comes in. Your mom has a good idea to get it done once more professionally before trying it yourself. You can pick their brain too, while they're doing what they're doing.

Oh! Salmon and salad sounds fantastic! And I'm so glad you had a nice movie date with your dad - that's so sweet! <3

I have tried growing veggies here in the past, without much success. I'm not sure if my general failure at growing veggies was because of my inexperience, regular distraction with the kids (who were much younger), or just trying to grow things in Florida where conditions vacillate between scorching heat and sun and drought conditions that can be difficult to keep up with even if you water the garden, and the soggy boggy mess we can experience over the summer sometimes. Right now, I'm hoping to try -again- at growing a few herbs, in pots. We'll see how that goes. And I've dug a few things out of the compost pile that decided to sprout and replant them.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 14:24:56 )
@Vixen: Hi Vixen. How are you today??

@Koah: Oh, I'm glad you got the immediate issue remedied enough to at least have functioning bathrooms! Sometimes that goes a long, long way! It sounds like you found a decent plumber too, which is always a good thing. :3 At least now you have a little time to collect some money for the next bill(s) and put as solid a plan together as you can without getting in there and doing it (because you know everything can change once you open up a project like that and start dealing with it).

@KittyBeary: Hello. I'm glad you're enjoying the event. :3

@Miss Sandman: Oh! Congrats on the job! What kind of job did you get?

Good morning btw!

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 15:20:37 )
@Wildfire: oh i work in a food truck for my best Friend. Her family runs a Restaurant but atm Restaurants dont may Open in Germany so they Start running this food truck :D its so much fun so far. And good morning

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 15:50:41 )
@Wildfire: I am so happy I found a bigger bandaid to our big issue. This plumber gave us a lot of ideas and now we'll have enough time to figure out a solid plan. :0 Amidst this chaos there are other things going on. I didn't realize how stressed I am. whoah. --flops--
-sips my coffee-

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 15:51:33 )
@Miss Sandman: oh my gosh, that sounds like a fun job. Travelling around and cooking. <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 16:29:07 )
@Miss Sandman: Oh, that could be a lot of fun! Congrats on the job - I hope it goes well for you! :3

@Koah: Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm glad you found this plumber and have some information and options to play with! Suggestion (from experience) - don't get complacent about the issue because it's not in your face right now... Take the time you need, obviously, to get the finances and your plan in place, but don't let this one sit too long, because it's only likely to compound itself. And remember to breathe. One thing at a time. You can do this!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 16:36:20 )
@Koah: na we dont travel yet :))

@Wildfire: i think it will thank you!! :D
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/5 16:39:07 )
@Wildfire: This is a problem that will itch on me until it's fixed. So I'll be working on it in a couple days, once my nerves settle. A lot of the stress around this has been financial. Our old roommates moved out a few months back, my husband lined someone up to move in. They brought their stuff and went back to their old place and haven't come back or paid rent in almost 2 months. SO I lost my cool about that yesterday. I wouldn't be so flustered if we had that extra income rn. So I got strict yesterday and Told em' to pay or come get their stuff. [nicely] and they'll be paying this month.
My husband likes these people and wants them to move in with no issue, so he hasn't pressed them on rent. But I will be. -3-

@Miss Sandman: I hope you keep enjoying the job. c: and hopefully you guys will be able to move the truck around soon-ish. I cannot imagine having a restaurant amidst the pandemic chaos.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.