Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Do you have any tattoos?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 11:19:12 )

@bioshock: Oh, I see! I like when people do tattoos that are movie/game/cartoon based. They always look interesting actually. Wear it proudly! 8D

@totalanimefan: No problem at all. I know what you are feeling, I've got mental problems myself. You are strong, you'll make through this, I promise! <3

@wildfire: That absolutely makes sense. My tattoos are also personal, but I wouldn't be shy to show them. I even like to tell stories and meanings about them. However, we all have our personal private things. Wear proudly what you have, but don't be afraid of who you are. There are many truths in our life, and no one has a permition to harm you or tell you what to do! Be well! 8D

@goblinsandtea: That's plenty of ideas, you gotta rock them up! 8D Looks like you'd like to show all your personality out - that's a huge respect from me! Good luck with your surgery though, I wish you to be well and healthy! 8D

@megaame: There is nothing wrong having just one tattoo with no significant meaning. It's still part of you, and if you enjoy it, that's what it should be. <3 But If you had a chance to make another tattoo, what could it be? Would it have a meaning to you? 8D

@amber lynne: I'm so sorry to hear that, this is very deep meaning. I know what a disaster that could be because alcohol also ruined my family. You are strong person! What about your other tattoos - rock it up! It's always nice to have under your skin something you love or enjoy. <3

@sorrowthemad: Yes, I made them with huge meaning of mine. I'm glad I've got brother around here, I'll be happy to chat with you anything about Norse, gods, runes etc... Unfortunately, many people that I know doesn't really know the meaning of norse symbolism at all. They were making their Norse tattoos with sketchy knowledge, by mixing it up with another themes and so on... That made me angry so much, because I'm very protective about what I love. It's like a mini disrespect, you know. But I'm not a fan of making labels for people, if they got the lack of knowledge, it's their problem, not mine... 8D

Vindenshjerte - is much more like the state of my spirit, or my mind, describing my personality. I feel like I'm all in one with the Air Element, that's why I name myself as "Wind-hearted". I do use it for roleplays sometimes too, because why not! 8D

@onsenmark: That's very nice! I hope you'll get it soon and rock it up! 8D

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 17:07:54 )
@Edelaen: Yeah, absolutely a good idea to make sure these are things you understand and want indelibly written on your skin. The belief is that these symbols are ancient and passed down from Gods themselves, so you'd be an idiot not to take at least some thought and care into putting them onto your skin.

I see your name now, I was pretty sure Vinden meant "Wind" but I wasn't sure what the rest of it meant, but I get it now. My mentor gave me the name Ickarus but eventually I plan to come up with my own name for myself. I totally understand getting upset about people being dumb with it, but hey, if they want to do that stuff without considering the consequences, that's entirely on them lol.

But yes, it's nice to meet a sister on here too :) Let me know if there's anything I can do or that you want to talk about. :)

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 17:26:14 )

@sorrowthemad: You may find out your name after discovering yourself spiritually more properly. That's how I came to my name. 8D Can I ask you why it's Ickarus though?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 17:28:32 )
@Edelaen: From the mythos, Icarus flew too close to the sun and his wings melted. It was a warning about my ambition when I first met him. I'll get there lol. I'm not in any rush to find it. :)

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 18:41:24 )

@sorrowthemad: I know the legend about Icarus, that's why I was curious why you were named like that. Ambitions are not bad, but don't let them blind you! 8D

@nephila: That sounds amazing! 8D I imagined you driving the truck and rocking these nice tattoos on you sleeve. So cool! 8D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 21:19:52 )

@Edelaen: thank you <3

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 21:54:35 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Edelaen: Oh hell yeah. That's why I wanna get Midna on my shoulder.
I LOVE Twilight Princess. I'm a huge Zelda franchise fan, and Twilight is my fave game of the franchise. Sooooo
XD
=D

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 22:17:06 )

@edelaen: I have no tattoos and probably won't get any because my body tends to be allergic to many things and maybe it would not react well to the ink.

If I had one, though, it would be my personal magical name written as a palindrome on my left inner upper arm 😊🖤🖤🖤

~ I like cats ~

~ Timezone GMT +1 ~

*°•.•°*~ My Wishlist ~*°•.•°*

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 00:07:13 )
@Edelaen: Yeah, for sure! That was the main reason he gave it to me, because I would take on too much and get super overwhelmed.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 00:49:18 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

I do not currently have tattoos. I want one for sure, of a triforce, I'd love to have it on my hand where it belongs but the company I work for has a rule against tattoos so I am bare of them until I no longer work for the company, and I've been there for 7.5 years and plan to be until the day I die sooo I need to find a new place for it.

That and I am a coward with needles but- want it.

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 11:30:34 )

@amber lynne: Somewhere on youtube I saw a tattoo artist who makes wonderful tattoos with anime/cartoon/game themed characters. It looks really cool, because she uses very juicy and pastel colors, so it's really worth to do. 8D

@merynia: As I know, all inks have different chemical structure, especially nowdays people try to make them as anti-allergic as possible. I think you should give it a try, just to make a test at least. My husband is also hyper-allergic person, but he wears a lot of tattoos. I'd recommend you to give it a try with little test. 8D

@fading kings: I'm also very afraid of needles, but I don't know, they are very invisible for me in that machine. Shots and injections drive me into panic though, but not tattoo needles. Paradox.
Yeah, it sucks that companies reject tattoos, that makes no sense at all. I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. I hope they will change their standarts. <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/14 12:00:23 )
Oh neat, sounds like you got a theme going on! ;o;

I don't have any tattoos myself, if i'd ever get one i would probably get the stylized ankh from vampire the masquerade bloodlines (game)
Or something i haven't thought of yet!
Maybe something from a book or idk something cryptic haha.

My mom and one of my sisters do though, helped design both as well. :')
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 11:23:56 )

@siron: that's a hella late reply from me, but thank you!
These are nice ideas you've got! I wish you to get ones, tattoos are awesome anyway. 8D

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/21 14:18:13 )
I really love tattoos. Unfortunately I can't seem commit to anything long enough to have one put on my own body.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 14:54:28 )

@Kira: I had a thought like you before I got my first tattoo. Of course, we are all different, but tattoo doesn't feel like an accessory. It's becoming part of you and you can't really imagine yourself without it anymore lol. That's how it works for me and my husband at least.

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 15:14:15 )
@Edelaen: Ooo, I like that thought. Maybe one day! If I can ever decide on what I'd want...

[Quests][Store]

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 16:12:35 )
I have three as of now. I have the triforce on the back of my left hand, the hylian symbol on my right forearm, and the foxhound symbol on the upper right side of my chest.

I am a bit of a gamer nerd if it wasn't clear lol

The Gang's All Here

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 17:32:56 )

@linklee: That's interesting! Triforce is quite popular among people, as I can see.
Oh, don't worry, that's your business what to wear under your skin. <3

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 20:37:53 )

I have one tattoo because I can't afford more and would never have the time to go get them right now. I'd love to get more when possible, though, and I'm considering having my existing one changed or covered up when I do. It's not terrible, but it's not really what I wanted (I was too shy/awkward at the time to explain it better) and doesn't really speak to me. I also don't care for the placement of it. But as I'm not in any kind of place to worry about tattoos at the moment, I haven't put much thought into exactly what I'd do. Maybe someday...

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/26 21:10:02 )

I want to get a shoulder sleeve but I haven't been able to find an artist in the style I want yet.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.