Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Do you have any tattoos?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 18:07:48 )

Hello guys!
So that's the question.
I have 3 of them. First is on my thigh - Yggdrasil tree from Norse mythology.
Second one on my right shoulder - little Mjolnir with rowanberries and walknut, and third one - Caduceus of god Mercury (Hermes) decorated with lavender flowers.
I'm also planning to make some more with runes on my arms.

So do you have any? Or would you like to have any?
If you don't - what do you think about them at all?
Let's babble about it. 8D

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 20:23:57 )

I don’t have any but my boyfriend @SorrowTheMad: does and he loves the subject matter of yours xD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 20:44:19 )
Edelaen:

Hello guys!
So that's the question.
I have 3 of them. First is on my thigh - Yggdrasil tree from Norse mythology.
Second one on my right shoulder - little Mjolnir with rowanberries and walknut, and third one - Caduceus of god Mercury (Hermes) decorated with lavender flowers.
I'm also planning to make some more with runes on my arms.

So do you have any? Or would you like to have any?
If you don't - what do you think about them at all?
Let's babble about it. 8D

First of all, it's always nice to meet someone else that shares my love of everything Viking :) I'm a Norse Pagan myself, and my only tattoo (thus far) is a pentagram on my shoulder. I have a million plans for new tattoos, and I absolutely love the process of getting them too. I'm working on finding 8 runes for my fingers that mean something to me, and I plan on getting a Vegvisir on my other shoulder. I want to get that Geri/Freki yin-yang thing too, as well as a tribal raven on both of my forearms. I might get an Aegishjalmur somewhere too.

I'm obsessed with everything Viking so let me know if you want to chat about it. And thank you to @Ruby: my lovely little skeldumawi for tagging me in this :D

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 20:56:10 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 21:00:50 )

I don't, I am terrified of needles, but my bestie in FL is a tattoo artist.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 21:03:54 )

@Totalanimefan: If you weren't terrified of needles, what would you get? If anything

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 21:06:32 )

@Amber Lynne: I'm not sure because I never thought about it ^^;

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 21:17:15 )

@Totalanimefan: That's fair

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 21:46:16 )

@ruby: Oh that's nice! Do you plan to get a tattoo in the future? 8D

@nephila: I've been considering for quite long time what to make, then it just happened. Even though I'm a planner much. But you need totally feel, what you want. I really love your ideas, especially fan of ancient/celtic stuff is awesome! 8D Go on, everything will look amazing on you, because it's something you'll definetely love!

@Sorrowthemad: Duuuuuuuuude, Norse Pagan out here too! Hail Alfadir, brother! 8D
It's so nice to have someone here who is into Norse things!
Yeah, I'd like to have something runic too. Like a bracelet, like Einar Selvik does have.
I'd be so happy to chat about it with you!
I'm practicing Norse magic - I can consult you about runic meaning for your tattoos, if you have a desire.
Oh I'm so happy.

Dear @Ruby, thank you for summoning your dude here! 8D

@totalanimefan: This may be funny - I'm also terrified of needles, but I'd say they are so much invisible in tattoo machine, that they are not much to be afraid of. It's not like a regular shot, needle moves super fast and it doesn't go deep. 8D

@amber lynne: I love your flower tattoo! And stars seem to be interesting. Does your tattoos have a meaning? 8D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 22:14:31 )

@Edelaen: Good to know. I don't think it would still work for me because I have PTSD with needles. So just knowing that it's a needle is enough to trigger me. Thanks though.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 22:15:10 )
Yes, I have three color tattoos (but it looks like more) - they're on my wrist, back (shoulder blade), and shoulder/arm. The shoulder and back are my own combination of lotus flowers, cherry blossoms and a chrysanthemum with the Om symbol and a mandala. My wrist is two stars and a heart. I'm thinking about adding more to the design across my back and clavicle and even a half sleeve on the other arm, but have so many ideas that it has been hard to pin down one design... also, I'm weird - I love my tattoos, but also can be self-conscious about them in certain situations, so adding more tattoos enters in to a bizarre area for me of "do I/ don't I?".

@totalanimefan: Getting a tattoo feels a little like road rash. I have had more painful experiences getting blood taken. Who's your bestie in Florida and what studio are they working at? What's their design specialty (if anything)?

@amber lynne: Love the flower on your wrist :3

Love the Nordic and Celtic symbology the rest of you guys seem to gravitate towards :3

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 22:24:40 )

@totalanimefan: I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. I hope this will go away once and you'll be free from it! I wish you to be healthy! <3

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 22:30:19 )

@wildfire: You seem to put so many sense into your tattoos, isn't it? Me either!
I really like tattoos with mandalas and lotuses, these themes are very sacral and spiritually refreshing. Do you have meanings of your tattoos, or any stories? The right thing is when you are feeling your tattoo. If questions like "shall I do it/shall I not" stick up in your mind you should think about another sketch or transform it until you are fully satisfied with it. At least that's my experience and little advice.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 23:05:14 )

@Edelaen: Thank you. I was working with a therapist with it in real life before the pandemic.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 23:17:28 )
@Edelaen: Yes, these have a lot of meaning for me and they are deeply personal, which is why, I think, I get a little self-conscious about them in certain situations. I will get another tattoo when it's right for me to do so. The "do I / don't I" isn't about getting a tattoo or even committing to a design, but more in the wearing of them in places or circumstances where they would "conflict" (?) with the environment or show more of myself (since they are quite personal) when I might prefer not to (I don't know if this makes sense)

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 23:44:38 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Im saving up for 2 major things right now! One of them would be my first tattoo!
It would be Howl Jenkins from Howls Moving Castle on my left inner forearm! (it would more so look like my headcanon from the book then the movie ver).

Some other tattoo ideas ive had: Sophie Hatter on my right inner forearm, A lil elephant head on my left wrist, a lil dog head on my right wrist, A sun and a moon icon from a story im making on 1 finger (like sun left, moon right, not sure wich wich yet tho), a lil chair on one of my tighs (so i can tell my future s/o to take a seat *wink wonk*), verry badly written "bear" on my leg, like its really badly written.

The following i dont know the placement of yet: Baphomet, my oc Francis (hes a demon faun), Bill Cipher, A king or ball python, some skulls and crystals, The element sign from avatar the last airbender, Id love to when id get my chest surgery and my scars have healed to have it tattood over, not in a way to hide the scars tho, more to show im proud of them.

And then id also have a ton of like flash tattoos? like just choosing a premade one of a tattoo artist i like.
I might get more ideas in the future tho.

Ive always wanted tattoos, i remember being a lil kid and drawing all over myself. Now i need to wait roughly 6 or more months before i could get my surgery and then i could finally start an aprenticeship as a tattoo artist myself!
(i want to do it after my surgery so i can compleatly heal and not have to pause my aprenticeship)

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 00:16:59 )
I have 1 tattoo of a scorpion that covers most of my right foot. There's really no significance behind it. I just thought it would look cool so I got it lol. I'd love to get more tattoos but it's quite expensive for bigger pieces so I haven't done it yet. I probably will someday though.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 00:27:18 )

@Edelaen: The stars? Not at all. I just really like stars, lol.
The liliy? Yeah. I got it for my Mom. Lilies were her fave flower, purple her fave colour. She drank herself to death back in 2016, which is the roman numbers I have on the side of my wrist/arm - X!-VII-MMXVI -- 11-7-2016. Month day year.

I also plan on doing a bit of a sleeve on my right with a bunch of 'fan' stuff. Like... emblems/logo icons for things I love. Triforce (maaaaaaaaybe) as an example.

And Midna up on my right shoulder. Hence the maybe for the triforce. XD

No, I haven't put a good amount of ink into this. Lol

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 00:53:58 )
Edelaen:

@Sorrowthemad: Duuuuuuuuude, Norse Pagan out here too! Hail Alfadir, brother! 8D
It's so nice to have someone here who is into Norse things!
Yeah, I'd like to have something runic too. Like a bracelet, like Einar Selvik does have.
I'd be so happy to chat about it with you!
I'm practicing Norse magic - I can consult you about runic meaning for your tattoos, if you have a desire.
Oh I'm so happy.

Excellent! I had a feeling you probably shared the same viewpoint, people don't get that many Norse-specific tattoos often without reason. You can definitely ask me anything if you like, and I'll be sure to do the same, since this basically makes us family :)

Stupid question, I saw the "Mitt navn er Vindenshjerte," is that your Pagan name or is it a roleplay name you chose? I like it though, Vindenshjert. :)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/13 07:21:33 )
I don't have any ink myself, but if I ever did, I know what I'd want, and where -- a fully opened Pulse l'Cie brand(see: FF XIIIon the inside of my lower left .
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.