Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat End of a terrible Year, Beginning of new resolutions!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 22:08:07 )

Yes, I am so done with this year and have been for some time! I can't wait for 2021 to start to see where things go.

What are your resoultions for this next year? I have two:

1) I'd like to be better with my spending. I have not wracked up much credit card debt or interest but I spend a lot and pay a lot back and pay well on time. I need to stop spending so much....
    2) I finally want to go through all of my clothing and get rid of things I have not worn in years!

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 23:19:40 )
Good luck in your new year resolutions!

My resolutions:
1. To get a job as a library or bookstore assistant, or a journalist! I have already done study courses for the first & third. But I need to apply for more jobs, but I'll take pretty much any job outside the family~ Although I'm a bit more hesitant about a permanent/temp communication heavy job like journalist; part of me enjoyed my course but it also largely contributed to my poor mental state.
2. To participate in Voltra site events
3. Do more art
4. Take better care of my physical/mental health; prioritise myself
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 23:23:00 )

I'm loving this thread.

In the new year I would like to be more productive and make goals for myself
I would like to save more money. I have enough to pay bills (thank goodness, it wasn't always that way), but I feel like I don't save enough. I spend it on food, or travel, or my husband buys more video games, etc. Saving money is so important.
Do more self care. My mental health hasn't been the greatest this year (duh) so here's to hoping I can take better care of myself.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 00:27:22 )
I don't have a lot of new resolutions but I do have only two in my mind.

1. Like everyone else had mentioned, I too want to save money and trying my best to control myself from buying unnecessary stuff (especially video/mobile games) unless I really need to buy some necessities.

2. Be decent at art. Especially the anatomy, shading, etc. and maybe do more art as well.

Also I wish all of you good luck as well

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 03:44:41 )

on the plus side for this year: i drew a shitton

so next year i want to draw more and uhhhhhhh
    honestly idk

get a better paying job

exercise more :')

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 04:09:24 )

yeah next year hopefully it will be normal year. but even if it's not I think i can save and clear out my clothes at least. those are the only things i am looking towards doing. XD

bloop

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 07:23:45 )

I don’t know about any hard set things I want to accomplish but I guess basically overall just better self care and such.
And cut my hair finally xD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 14:25:49 )
I just want 2020 -and all the stupidity and chaos that went along with it- to be done.

Personal goals for 2021? More artwork, less bad food/drink, more walks and exercise, less sitting on my butt, more organizing and less "stuff" (decluttering)...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 19:51:49 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

1. study more and finish my art studies. I really want to focus on my art such as painting and improve my anatomy. Especially hands.
2. get out of bed more often.
3. cook more.
4.be on avatar sites a lot less.
5. maybe make it to 100 followers on IG.
6. get a RL commission that isn't my close friend.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 10:34:47 )
You remind me of the babe~ (What babe?) The babe with the power~

1. I'd like to sell at least 15 paintings/pieces of art this new year. (Sold 9 in 2020)
2. Workout more to tone back up. (At least 45 minutes during weekdays)
3. I'd like to go through and declutter everything. Get rid of anything that's not being used or upcycle. And organize.
4. Get my license if possible or practice driving more... Been putting it off for years so gotta get it done.
5. Finish the register for Osage, cause I haven't gotten to that either.

And overall, I'd like to figure out how to time manage better.

The power of voodoo~ (Who do?) You do~
Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

Donator — She, her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 18:00:01 )
You can die anytime...

Happy New Year 2021! So thankful for the start of a new year. Last year was just god awful for me and my family. Here's a short version of how it went:

• My parents divorced, so we spent the first few months of the year packing to move/finding a new place to move to
  • I had to scramble for a new job when things at my job at the time got to be too much to handle
  • Lost a grandfather (on my dad's side) and my grandmother (who I was super close to) within a timespan of a little under a month'
  • Adjusting to a new job (my coworkers are great people. It's just some of the customers and constant thefts that are a pain.)

So I'm REALLY hoping this year gets better for us here and for anyone else having a hard time. As for New Year's Resolutions:

• Try to not spend so much money on things I don't need (Which is hard because I love Video Games and anime)
  • Try to put a little money into savings each month to build it up for emergencies/vacation/Christmas shopping
  • Get medical insurance figured out and start trying to see a therapist about my anxiety issues (still need to get diagnosed properly and all)
  • Try to get back into my passions: Writing and Drawing. Haven't done much of either here recently (not counting doing rps with friends)

but living takes true courage.

Pixel Art by the talented Neko~ Thank you so much, Neko! <3
Both a just adorable~ :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart:

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/1 23:30:25 )

I haven't made a resolution yet; seems like no matter what it is, it always fails. Maybe my resolution should be not to set expectations for myself. :^P

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — I am Cat Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 03:25:55 )

For my NYR, I would love a vacation!!!!!
I haven't had one since January!! And it was
only a technical vacation!! I went with a family to
babysit their 22mo and 12yo sons while they went
to a concert! But it was fun and I got free food and sleeping...
But I want a vacation with my boyfriend!!

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 08:44:08 )
2020 sucked in so many ways, but I lost one of my closest friends (unrelated to covid) and also had my heart broken cuz boys suck.
I don't have any hopes for 2021 just because I'm too exhausted to have hope. :c

But my goals are simple:
-Graduate from my school and move on to the next program of study by next Janaury.
-Be moved into my new place for school in December.
-Have a min of 2K saved.
-Be able to speak Spanish more fluently.
Comic | Cosplay

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.