Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 19:16:15 )
@Purpsy: Oh good - I'm glad you're going to give it another shot! I have to treat the tablet sketches as something other than "my usual" or I would get really frustrated. I also have to remember to use multiple layers so that I have more options in terms of "erasing" and moving things around - might as well take advantage of the digital aspects, right? I can't really post this when I'm done with it since it's for the Secret Art Exchange and depending on how things go, I may not ever post it -lol- but so far, so good? I owe 0v7 some art too, so maybe I'll work on that too, if my time and patience (lol!) allow.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 19:20:28 )

@Wildfire: I should have done that!! I just had no idea he would commit a Crime for two squeaky balls lmao. My mum took them off him to rewrap and he is not happy XD darn dog!

I am pleased they're still taking appointments. I mean, I'm almost 29 and I'm not getting any younger.... I already feel like all my friends have finished having kids. How old were you when you had your boys? (If you don't mind me asking!)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 19:38:17 )
@sunny: Doggie Crime! LOL!! :3 The power of the squeaky is strong with that one! XD
I'm sure he'll be happy to get the toys again in a couple of days.

Having kids is not something to rush, imo. I think some people rush in to having kids and a family because they feel like they "should" or it's the "next step" - but it really is a life-changing thing to do... for you and for them. If and when you're ready for kids, you'll know it. And if you don't mind my saying so, you seem to know it and be ready to take that step. :3 <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 19:41:36 )
@Purpsy: How goes the digital art? I'm in one of those weird stages where I don't like the coloring I've done but know it's mid-process. I'm not ready to give up on it just yet but am not sure how this is going to turn out at this point. But I may be "trying too hard" too. I'm better when I'm looser and sketchier. The coloring seems to get me all the time! Ugh. .... I'm going to try something different, actually - still use the same base sketch but ... yeah, let's try this. :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 19:50:12 )

@Wildfire: you make a lot of good points! Thank you <3 I definitely feel I am ready, or as ready as anyone can be. I am trying to prepare myself in various different ways, but mostly I'm aware that my entire life will be up heaved! In a good way! I am ready for that!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 20:00:59 )
@sunny: Yes, your life will definitely change - in ways that you can't anticipate, and even once you're over the initial shock, it constantly changes because the kids and their stages of life constantly changes. It's a wild ride... LOL!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 20:46:15 )

@Wildfire: I see owo
well if mine turns out well I might post it here but I got the rough sketch done lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 20:59:50 )
@Purpsy: Oh good - I'm glad you got a rough sketch done at least. Are you feeling better about the digital art?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 21:16:04 )

@Wildfire: Yup.
Maybe I was taking it too seriously earlier which gave me a hard time.
Plus I was listening to some cheerful Christmas music which helps also.

How's your drawing so far?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 21:20:48 )
@Purpsy: Yes, I find I have to be in just the right mood and not take the digital stuff too seriously. It's definitely a "trust the process" type thing - lol! I think my drawing is done, actually. It could use more tweaking and stuff but that's probably my "serious" side coming out so it's time for me to wrap it up and go on to do something else now.

I'm glad you seem to feel better about the digital art now. Do you like how it's coming out?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 21:29:12 )

@Wildfire: Yeah I can be impatient often so I was rushing the process earlier.
I'll start the actual sketch later cause I need a break. And I love it! I was surprised it turned out fairly well.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 21:33:12 )
@Purpsy: Oh, I know that feeling - I always want to rush it too, which does not end well - lol!

I need to walk the dogs. I'll be back in a bit :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 21:34:49 )

@Wildfire: Alright ^^
Bundle up! unless it's warm there lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 21:46:30 )
@Purpsy: LOL - thanks. It's right on my personal edge between comfortable and cool, so it's hard to tell whether I should put on shorts or a hoodie - lol!

BBS.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 21:52:14 )

@Wildfire: Seems like a perfect weather to me :3

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 22:31:35 )
If I went out with a hoodie and shorts I would freeze to death, there isn't a whole lot of snow outside right now and I'm grateful for that but it's still REALLY cold. Also I just got new glasses and I'm an happy about that. :)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 23:06:25 )
Yeah, it's 66 or so *F here, so no freezing for us!
I'm back from the walk.

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/23 01:52:53 )
I want to start exercising but with how cold it is outside I do not want to go out and I don't want to pay money for a gym membership.
Male/20/gay/sad. :(
I usually only check this site like once or twice a day so it might take me a bit to respond.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/23 07:28:00 )

I was thinking of starting yoga again. Or more specifically things that will work my poor pathetic and and arms to get rid of all the baby fat xD

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/23 13:02:55 )
@Evilcupcakecat: That's understandable. I personally don't like the gym much as a general rule, but it can be hard to self-motivate sometimes - especially when the weather doesn't want to cooperate. What kind of outside exercising do you usually do when the weather isn't trying to freeze you?

@shadami: I need to start yoga again too. It has been far too long since I've done a class. Do you usually go to a gym or yoga studio, or follow a video in your house?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.