Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 20:35:58 )
@0v7: More hairstyles? Are you just exploring at this point? Still trying to expand your portfolio?

@sunny: I got some groceries and am taking care of a few things around the house as well. Tomorrow is our Thanksgiving holiday, which is all about food and family and being grateful for what we have, so I'm kind of preparing for that, but it's going slowly, which is fine actually, since it's just going to be us and my stepson who will be coming over. So I'm trying to take it easy and not go overboard with the food or preparations, but it's hard to do that when there's a holiday involved. :3 Are you still doing the editing on that one story or have you gone on to something else now?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 20:36:43 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@Wildfire: See my last post lol - I made a lil guide on how I draw curls for someone who had no idea how

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 20:38:16 )
@Purpsy: drawing fabric can be difficult. Like with anything though, more practice and experience tends to make a task easier

@0v7: Nice image and documentation of your thought process, Seb! Way to go! I'm guessing this is what you've been working on?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 20:38:55 )

@Wildfire: Yep! I already submitted my pixelist app last night so I get to draw... whatever lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 20:39:48 )
@0v7: That's awesome, Seb. I'm happy for you :3 Good luck with the position! You are really enjoying the pixeling thing, aren't you?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 20:41:35 )

@Wildfire: Thank you! It's pretty interesting to learn the Voltra style - I mean, you saw the concept I did initially for that one hair lol - certainly a learning curve for me, because I don't remember the last time I painted something before that. I'm hoping I'm accepted - if not, it's a good learning experience and I can always submit my items in the item suggestion thread for someone else to redo and publish.

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 20:42:18 )

@sunny: ommmg you should have filmed that xDD
Only the ones in living room. It works but is not very strong.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 20:48:23 )
@0v7: That's an awesome attitude to have and I hope things work out for you :3 Learning anything is always a good thing IMO! You never know when or how the skills may come in handy! ;)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 21:17:01 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

- rolls through the thread -
hi wild :3

I am not an actual NPC.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 21:44:31 )
@Vixen: Hey Vixen! How are you today??

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 22:01:09 )

@Wildfire: Oh that's right,Thanksgiving. I knew it was coming up sometime soon! I hope you manage to chill and bit and don't get TOO stressed about it....
I am still technically working on those edits from the other night, but I keep distracting myself with another story. I just want to live in this world forever :D

@Purpsy: they do a lot of funny things that I wish I'd caught on camera XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 22:14:05 )
@sunny: Thanks Sunny. I'll be ok. I'm actually scaling back the dinner preparations quite a bit for this year. It'll be more of a regular meal, with turkey instead of some other protein and a couple of extra veggie side dishes than what I might normally consider a proper Thanksgiving meal, but that's fine. This year has just tuckered me out in terms of wanting to do things - including cooking elaborately (which I didn't think I was doing, but in retrospect, it was more elaborate than what I've been doing lately) -shrug-

Which story world do you want to live in? - the one you're writing about now, or the one you're doing edits for?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 22:18:17 )

@Wildfire: It sounds like alot of stress to me, but it sounds like you're prepared for it. I'm sure it will be delicious, your food always is!
I want to live in the world of the story I'm currently writing, the one I am using as a distraction. It's about two women who live in the Arctic circle and they have magical powers etc.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 22:28:12 )
@sunny: Oh! That could definitely be an interesting world to live in!!

I'm so used to cooking all the time, it's not a big deal at this point, but I'm taking some shortcuts that I don't usually... like using canned cranberry sauce, and jarred gravy instead of making it myself. My menu: Turkey, out-of-a-bag bread stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts with bacon, carrot and mint salad/side, kale salad with cranberries, rolls (bought), canned corn, maybe spaghetti squash and/or roasted root veggies (pumpkin, acorn squash, carrots, parsnips)... then some of the usual sides (applesauce, cranberry sauce, pickles, olives, pickled onions, etc.), pie (frozen and premade) with ice-cream.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 22:38:08 )

@Wildfire: That sounds like so much food! How many people is it for? It all sounds delicious, and there's a good few things in there that I've never tried.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 22:43:07 )
@sunny: Five total - me, my husband, our two boys, and my stepson. I may not end up making all of it. We'll see. If I was smart, I should have made the carrot-mint salad today, but I didn't. The brussel sprouts and spaghetti squash are super easy in the pressure cooker. The hardest part of making the kale salad is massaging the kale and letting it rest before serving. Pretty much everything else except for the turkey is opening a can or a jar and maybe warming it. BTW, you're English, right? I have a fuzzy recollection of my grandmother (English) making some kind of onion gravy... I don't suppose that rings any bells for you??

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 22:45:43 )

@Wildfire: That's good that it shouldn't take too much effort. I always worry about you with how much cooking you seem to do :O will the others help?
Yes, I'm English and I do recognise onion gravy, we have it with sausages and mashed potato, sometimes. Not with other meats like chicken/turkey.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 22:51:36 )
@sunny: Yes, I do a lot of cooking. I blame my Italian ancestry but nobody goes hungry around this house!! XD
I may have to pick your brain about that onion gravy at a later time. I remember my grandmother bringing it to holiday meals. I also remember not liking it a whole lot as a child, but I'm sure my tastes have changed since then, and it would be nice to reconnect with that part of my ancestry a little. :3 What you describe does ring a bell or two in my fuzzy memory!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 22:53:41 )

@Wildfire: We also have onion gravy with pies etc. But I don't know anything about making it, I am quite a novice when it comes to cooking, and I never cook or eat meat so I don't eat anything in order to need onion gravy.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 22:59:50 )

Silence, the White Mage is now speaking.

@Wildfire: not bad; mostly doing some work clean up stuff. then need to handle some household stuff. yourself?

I am not an actual NPC.

please @ me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.