Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:11:33 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat + afterparty art freebies :3

@totalanimefan: ahh that makes sense! yeah i really hope it'll be better by then ... i can't believe it'll be a whole year of it soon
i hate to say it but i expect it to be worse the next month or two :-( from holidays and new years, esp from ppl who are being careless abt it

i'm glad! i feel like it would be unreasonable not to respect someone's decision for covid-related reasons right now, it's good they understand why you made the decision you did. do you think you'll be calling them and stuff the day of?

ohh i didn't know that abt jet lag / night shifts but i can see that! i think my friend would use it for like a few hours in the afternoon, i'm not too sure...

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:13:01 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@xvz: Sylessae and Absolute_Ama are my go-to streamers.
I just find their chat so fun. I can usually make it to Ama's streams more as
their around when i get up. Both are two completely different painters but both have such good advice
for beginner artists or artists wanting to grow their audience.

I don't really see myself as friends of them, as there is usually a line between streamers/fans.
So I don't consider myself as a friend. I just enjoy hearing their thoughts, what they struggle with and their advice
for young artists and just overall get some encouragement.
I don't talk to people often at all. I talk to 1 person everyday but i feel i can be...annoying always talking to only 1 person a day. :vanora_sweat:

I'll have to try it in coffee someday too. I am very picky with creamers.
people tend to make creamers too sweet or too bland for my taste.

Yeah, so when i buy it every year it kinda makes me feel at home.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:14:38 )
I've made a few emotes on twitch they're really fun to make

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:21:50 )
@Wildfire: water is better in the morning, instead of being before bed.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:27:42 )

ohh thanks for the recs moody ^^ will check them out
it's nice to see ppl who do painting style too, and seeing what that workflow looks like for different artists

ahh true .... i'm p new to this whole world of streaming and twitch (and discord fwiw) so it's always interesting to me to hear how other ppl think abt it / how to interat w it

what kind of creamer do u usually have w ur coffee?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:28:05 )

shadami what do ur twitch emotes look like ?? :3 are they animated or anything?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:30:36 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@xvz: No problem. I follow a ton of artists.
Not only digital but some traditional, some are comic artists, storyboard artists too even.
i follow over...500 artists on IG. :vanora_sweat:

or me i try not to get attached friend wise as i am not good at making friends to begin with.
so I have to separate myself from wanting friendship as you can't really force that.
if you become friends, you do. if you don't, you don't.
friends and me are just complex lol.

I currently don't use any creamers as i buy iced coffee which comes in a carton so it's pre-made.
as i am much too lazy to make my coffee every morning.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:41:19 )

i think it helps to see ppl making art on a regular basis :0 good for inspo / keeping it in mind
that's a nice mix too, like u get a lot of different perspectives for how to approach a piece! diff artists have diff strengths too, like some are really good at portraits, others colors/composition, others realism, etc.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:41:29 )

ohh iced coffee even in winter ?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:42:47 )

@xvz: Ugh you are right. Soon it will have been a whole year of COVID. We are lucky that we live in a time where tech is good and we have the internet and the technology to develop a vaccine quickly.
Yes, the triple whammy of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years is going to f us. It's not going to be pretty. If you can get your flu show you should try to do that.
I'll probably call them the day of. I don't know what I'm going to do that day really. Obvs eat good thanksgiving food, but it will feel so empty with just two people. How will I pass the time. XD

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:44:41 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@xvz: Definitely. I also love to see how different people approach a piece
or paint one.
I want to paint this draw this in your style but i am a big coward
when it comes to painting. Despite i can literally delete the layer i messed up.

Watching art streamers tho is just so relaxing.
like it gives me a boost for my day and encourages me to do my very best in art.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:47:04 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Xvz: woops didn't see your other reply.
I don't like warm coffee. I don't put ice in mine, but it stays in the fridge.
But warm coffee is not my favorite.
So I'm more for iced coffee.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:47:33 )

@totalanimefan: yeah can u imagine and to think at the start we were really like, oh no 2 whole weeks of staying inside?? lol
yeah i do appreciate that there are lots of ways to stay in touch w friends n loved ones at least too<3

oh no T_T there was a week where i was super like, i gotta get my flu shot, like asking ppl if they got theirs yet etc. i think i got busy tho and it totally slipped my mind :vichardxC: maybe i'll try to get it next week though ...

ahh what are yall gonna do for food?? hmmm maybe watch a movie after dinner? :0

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:53:09 )

@xvz: nah they're just emojis. i am still teaching myself animation and I'm not sure you can upload animated emojis for the channels? I honestly am not sure on that one.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:53:20 )

@xvz: lol I don't know about everyone else but I knew that it wasn't going to be a two week thing. XD I remember telling my husband in April that it was going to be just like this in the summer and he was like you don't know that, and I said what will have changed between now and then? It's going to be the same.
I don't know what I would have done without Voltra and the community here! I'm very thankful that I have Voltra in 2020. It gave me something to look forward to (like events or new items) and then if I wanted to talk about Covid someone is always here to listen and talk about it, but then if I wanted to get away from covid and talk about something else, this was also the place to go.
This week, probably not, but maybe next week it will be ok to go. How's NYC looking for cases?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:53:33 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

For dinner I am eating spicy buffalo chicken wings, with white rice with soy sauce and spinach.
Might also make some egg rolls. Not many tho. Maybe just 2.

I'm going to get caught up on my K-pop variety shows.
it is my tuesday ritual. Cause the shows come out on Monday/Tuesday.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:53:59 )

That actually sounds really really good

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:54:44 )

moody yeah for sure! it's cool to see what is like similar vs. different in workflows :0
like a lot of ppl start w a sketch, but what happens after that can be v different, like is it lined or lineless, painted or cel shaded, etc. ... and also ppl who do traditional can think abt these things differently too! when i was getting back into digital art this year i was like wow i don't even know where to start anymore

i get feeling scared to mess up but you should totally just go for it!!! you are making so many pieces, one that doesn't work out but you learn something from can be low stakes :-) and that's awesome that you've found streamers who can inspire that feeling in u!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 01:56:57 )

total yeah i figured it would be much longer .... but i remember someone saying it would last til september and i was like What No!!!!! lol
and i feel that i'm also so grateful! this has been a lot of socializing i wouldn't have been able to get otherwise<3 and for sure abt having stuff to look forward to!! there's always something to look forward to on here i feel like
and yeah ppl are here if you wanna talk and also here if you want a distraction :-)

yeah gonna wait for the thxgiving / black friday crowds to die down before i try to go... nyc is def going up which kind of sucks :-/

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/25 02:00:48 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@xvz: I watch a ton of speed paints.
With painting some people don't sketch and just block in shapes of color, some paint over the sketch
and some keep the sketch and paint under it.
It's just super cool to see how much variation you can do, in order to paint digitally.
Traditionally tho...that's another world there lol.
Tho i found this super cool program which it makes it look like your painting traditionally but it's a digital program.
it looks super fun tho.

Digital can be daunting at times.
I've always done digital art, so i have 0 experience in any other field.
I did pixel art for 10 years before i got into my current art journey which i've done for maybe...5 years now?

I definitely might try it.
So far it actually looks good and i am learning how colors work together.
and if it doesn't turn out right i can just delete the painting layer and do my usual system i normally do in art.

it really is. plus hearing other chatters and their experiences is always inspiring too.

@Shadami: couldn't tell if this was to me but yes it definitely is
a very yummy dinner.
I love spicy chicken wings... a lot.
One day i'll make my own. cause sometimes they put big drum sticks in it[as it's frozen/pre made]
and i don't like the drum sticks. :vanora_sweat:

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.