Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:53:59 )

@Wildfire: I did, until one turned on me and the others followed.
      But eh, old news. lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:57:47 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Oh the trials of our young days. I'm sorry you had that kind of experience! <3

@Koah: LOL. It's the humidity here that usually is the killer. But my sliding doors to the lanai only clouded over ... twice I think, this summer from the difference in humidity levels between inside and out (we usually keep our AC around 77 or 78*F). So it wasn't horrible here. There have been summers where there are mini storm fronts on the sliding doors (etc) just about every day!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:00:22 )
lol yeah, I know humidity is a huge thing when it comes to temperatures.

When I was in Idaho visiting my fiance, we went up to the mountains where there was still some snow so we could go sledding. Thought I would be FREEZING, but it honestly wasn't so bad with the few layers I had on, and I chalk that up to the humidity (or lack thereof).

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:03:04 )
Yes, the number of the temperature doesn't really mean a whole lot - it's the other things like humidity, wind chill, etc. that really matter.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:04:09 )
The dry heat I like a LOT more than the humid stuff. I did some summers in Hawaii and Virginia Beach. I prefer the midwest dry heat.

@Aisukohi: It makes me so happy you visited the mountains in Idaho. I'm sure I've been wherever it is you went.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:06:26 )
I miss the weather up there sometimes. Though I'll still take living here over living in winter with snow and everything. x-x Would NOT want to shovel that or worry about pipes and car maintenance for that stuff.

@Koah: He's from a small town called Burley, but the mountains we went to were like closer to Pocatello. I've also been to Twin Falls, Boise, and Idaho City, so pretty much the southeast parts of Idaho. I really loved it out there.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:08:19 )

@Wildfire: It's all good.
      Taught me to pick my friends more carefully.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:09:58 )
@Anarchist Beauty: That is a lesson we all learn at some point or another.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:10:33 )

@Wildfire: Wish the lesson was the other way, and the assholes learned to be better people. lmao

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:13:49 )
@Aisukohi: It's nice to talk to someone who is familiar with Idaho. c: I lived in Victor/Driggs ID for quite a few years. I'm one of those crazy people who drove over a dangerous mountain pass daily to work in a filthy rich town to earn my wages.
Before choosing OR as our new home state, we looked at Pocatello. Overall decided that our time in ID/WYo was done and over.
Idaho isn't too bad for snow, it's the wind in some areas that I dislike. Like Twin Falls can get really windy and dangerous on the roads.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:14:04 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Maybe they did - but perhaps not at that moment.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:19:25 )
@Koah: Sometimes those mountain passes are super pretty though, can't lie. xD The trips we took from Boise to Idaho City were just like that, but it was worth it because of the hot spring we went to for dates. Cell service would go out at certain parts of course, but ADVENTUREEE!!!

I've never been to any other states in that area other than Jackpot, NV and Salt Lake City. Would love to explore more in that area, but didn't have much time when I was there. I'd really like to visit some of the major cities in WA and OR.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:19:36 )

@Wildfire: One can hope.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:20:40 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Karma. If you don't learn your lessons, you're bound to repeat them until you make changes.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:21:29 )

@Wildfire: Truuuuue that.
      The universe will repeat itself until you wise up.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:25:09 )
True. Or you'll remain stupid and miserable until you wisen up... at least a little bit. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:26:18 )

I would not wish to remain stupid.
      I try to learn as I go.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:26:45 )
@Aisukohi: Oh totally! My drive over the mountain was the highlight of my day. It was a beautiful and glorious reminder that life is beautiful. until I almost got caught in an avalanche. lol. omgod. Life is an adventure. If you do ever end up in Idaho and go for adventures. Remember Heise Hot Springs. That was my favorite place to go and unwind. :3 and if you do go to Heise, it's 45 minutes to the Wyoming border. and driving over the Teton Pass might be one of the prettiest drives you'll ever do.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:29:18 )
@Koah: OMG, and avalanche?! That'd probably make me want to nope out of there!

I'll try to remember those places as well. I need more national park adventures in my life lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:31:40 )
@Aisukohi: lol! Well, if you happen to actually go over the teton pass [which is pretty on it's own] that's only an hour from the Yellowstone south gate. South gate is always got roadblocks because of the bison, elk, and moose.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.