Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:11:53 )
Yeah... I'd have to wash the feeders first though. They're probably pretty nasty right now tbh. Or, I might actually have some that are clean... hmmm... it's probably worth the effort. Especially since apparently I'm not getting anything else productive done!!

Do you have any kind of rug, exercise mat, or other padding you could put on the tile to insulate you against the coldness?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:14:45 )
That sounds like a plan!! Plus you'll have plenty of bird friends to enjoy once it's done lol.

I just have bed comforters, but I should really sweep and mop the floor out there before I just lay them down. Not gonna do that though since I'm trying to stay off my feet as much as possible so I can go back to work tomorrow with no issues.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:16:42 )
LOL - I get that. Can you sweep just enough of an area for a blanket or comforter? Hit that middle ground where it's clean enough but doesn't strain your foot too much?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:19:19 )
I probably could. Either that, or go knock my fiance off the lawn chair we have placed out there since he offered earlier, but I refused since I wanted something with more cushion. xDD I'm a brat sometimes hahahaha.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:23:58 )
Now you guys got me thinking of my sky-chairs that I haven't hung up yet. lol
I was going to put them outside, but the frigid weather has come about.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:27:22 )

@Wildfire: Yeah, they're in the shop.
      And I need to start sticking around and chatting more if I'm going to be able to get one. lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:27:34 )
@Aisukohi: That is the beauty of a good relationship... go knock him off the chair!! -is evil- (it actually sounds like me and my hubby!)

@koah: it is -checks- 71*F out there (here) right now, according to my phone weather app. It's sunny, and very pretty...
You'll have time to set up your chairs... when "frigid" isn't the word of the day! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:28:14 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I saw! Well, you're welcome to hang out here and chat. We're currently talking about napping outside - lol!!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:32:09 )
@Koah: Aw man! Do you think you might have a bit of a warmer (or at least not frigid) day you could put them up soon?

@Wildfire: Right? xD Like lemme steal the warm spot you just made!! He does the same with me though since I tend to camp on my computer on his side of the bed, and then I scooch when he's ready to settle down for the night, so he gets my warm spot. :P

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:33:14 )
We've got our fireplace running and because of it's awkward spot, I'm thinking of hanging a sky chair nearby, maybe if there's a stud in the right spot. hehehe.

We're touching into winter now. So only cold weather now until spring.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:34:04 )

@Wildfire: Napping outside, used to be my default.
      When I was in high school I earned the nickname 'Sleeping Beauty' because I would take cat naps everywhere.
      Park benches, friends patios, in them lil tunnel things at the park playgrounds... lol
      I was the nap master.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:35:43 )
That sounds like a comfy spot for a sky chair!

I wonder if it'll get cold enough for us to use the fireplace this year. Florida is hit or miss with winters lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:36:40 )
@Aisukohi: That sounds well balanced!!

@Koah: Oh, I remember those days. Where are you? (If you mentioned it, I don't remember; and I'm just curious - don't reveal if you don't want to)
But now I'm in central-west Florida and the weather is getting really nice and will likely stay like this until February (except for those couple of weeks where it actually gets freezing-type cold)!! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:38:28 )
@Anarchist Beauty: LOL! <3 Why were you always napping?

@Aisukohi: It's cooler this year, overall, IMO. Even August wasn't as stifling as it usually is. I'd imagine that you will have a chance to use the fireplace (which means we'll be Freezing).

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:40:25 )
oh my gosh, yeah, I've got family in Florida. I've heard about your winters. lol
I'm more familiar with snowy cold winters.
I'm from Washington State, [twilight area] so SUPER rainy. However, I spent most of my teen years traveling the U.S. and most of my adulthood has been up in the Wyoming mountains.
Now, I'm a permanent resident in Oregon. Bought a house. whoohoo. c:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:41:05 )

@Wildfire: Uh, depression mostly. lol
      And then that gave me a good cover to fake nap sometimes, too.
      I had good friends, no one ever talked smack on me even when they believed I was asleep.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:44:31 )
@Wildfire: lol I get cold easily as is. It's 68 here but feels like 73, and I had 2 layers of long sleeves on. :P But you're right, it has felt cooler this year than last, so there's hope!

@Koah: See that weather is exactly what I'm not used to, since I've lived within decent driving distance from beaches most of my life. xD So anything below like 50s and 60s is too cold for me haha.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:46:43 )
@Koah: I'm a Florida transplant. In some ways, I'm still getting used to the seasons here. They are very different from most of the rest of the country. I don't think I could deal with rainy Northwest though - ugh. But to each our own, right? Congrats on the house! <3

@Anarchist Beauty: That would do it. It does sound like you had some really good friends!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:49:16 )
@Aisukohi: I'm loving this weather, but I usually get cold quickly too. My thresh-hold is a little lower though, temperature-wise... and I'm usually fine unless the weather stays cold for several days in a row (which isn't always an issue in Fl, as you know). BTW 50*F here (FL) feels significantly colder than 50*F in the northeast!!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 20:53:29 )
Oh my gosh, you guys. lol. I am in a cowboy/desert town in Oregon, so my first summer here [i'm new to OR], was up to 105F.
Now that it's getting into winter, it feels like WA summers. I DO NOT miss the Washington peninsula. omg. It's a beautiful area, but even summer was wet and chilly from the coast.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.