Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hello, newbie coming through

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:05:48 )
Hello!

My name is Epsilon and I'm an artist just always looking for new places to be around.
I greatly enjoy meeting new people, talking about my latest hyperfixation, discussing art and all that stuff.

Hoobies include:
- art
- cooking and baking
-listening to music (like...a lot)
- spending a whole day watching youtube videos
- watching movies and shows (everything from cartoons, anime all the way to dark and disturbing horror things )
- videogames

Always open to answer questions you might have and super happy to be here :frizzhappy:

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:07:11 )
@Epsilonphi: Ohey, I know you >u>

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:22:35 )
@Araikou: Oh heck, it you! You're the reason I got here. So thanks a bunch for that! ^-^

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:27:52 )
@EpsilonPhi: of course XD hope you enjoy uvu

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:28:39 )

hey welcome to voltra!
here's a newbie guide that might be useful.
we've got an event going on right now, you can click the mirror icon at the top to get started!

lmk if you have any questions

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 20:37:43 )
@Hachi: Thank you for the warm welcome and thanks a lot for the link to the newbie guide!
I have already discovered the event but I am struggling a bit with it since the game just doesn't continue at the end of chapter 2 . I'll probably see if this issue has been reported before. But since Araikou tried it and it worked for them I'm guessing its a problem on my end (pop-up blocker is off and I could finish chapter 1 without issues).

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 22:29:29 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

@epsilonphi: hey welcome to voltra!! ^^ i joined this past may and have found the community to be pretty friendly here!
another thread i found useful is the item museum - it lists all the non-common items, what they're called and what they're from ^^ do you have any questions?

what have u been cooking/baking lately? :3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 22:31:23 )

there's a lot of chatting going on in the event forum too right now if you feel like joining us :-) (no pressure tho whenever you're ready!)
also just fyi double posting is ok but triple+ posting i think is a no-no here ... and starting tomorrow, u can click on the blimp on the front page once a day for a freebie!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 22:42:23 )

@EpsilonPhi: hmm that's interesting. what browser are you using? and are you on desktop or mobile?
i've heard there's a glitch with ch 2 unless you talk to the conductor while standing to the left of him, I think haha

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:06:19 )
@xvz: Ah, thanks for the welcome! I think I'm slowly getting the hang of everything, but I'll make sure to ask should there be anything that's not clear to me.

To answer your question: The last two things I made in terms of baking were my rendition of subway cookies with white chocolate and macadamia nuts and I made waffles for my family when I visited them last time. In terms of cooking I made some pork with a mushroom and cream sauce over green pasta (you know, pasta that's green? ) :)

@hachi: Oh! I will try to stand on his left side then next time I try to do chapter 2. Because so far i always stood to his right. But to still answer your questions: chrome and desktop.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:12:15 )

@epsilonphi: ofc! i remember feeling confused and a little overwhelmed when i first joined, don't hesitate if you find anything unclear :-)

oh that sounds really tasty!! white chocolate and macadamia do go well together ... ! cookies are a nice go-to for me but i usually do chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin (sometimes w chocolate or walnuts if i have em!) do u use a waffle maker for the waffles? ^^

oohh the green pasta that's made w like spinach?? it's been a bit since i was last on my pasta kick but it's due to come back around soon :3

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:06:17 )
@xvz: I usually also just do regular chocolate chip cookies because macadamias are really expensive. But I wanted to treat myself!
I did use a waffle maker, specifically a waffle maker that gives you heart shaped sectioned waffles :)

And yes! spinach pasta! It's really good, but goes best with mushroom sauces if you ask me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:35:52 )
Hi there and welcome to Voltra!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 02:26:09 )

@epsilonphi: awww heart shaped waffles!!! that sounds so fun :3
yeah tbh i don't usually see macadamias around my grocery store but maybe i'm just not looking for them haha

oh i haven't tried w mushroom sauce but that does sound good! i usually keep frozen meatballs + peppers and a jar of sauce on hand for pasta emergencies lol
do you usually cook for most of your meals?

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 04:54:06 )
@xvz: I cook for myself from mo - fr and on the weekends i'm at my parents place for dinner. Sometimes I cook things that are a bit more complex but mostly it's grilled cheese or canned tuna, canned corn, onion clices and cheese on top shoved in the oven :'D That's mostly because I am having a hard time cooking small portions and I don't want to throw out too much food. I grew up in a family of 5 so when I started to learn how to cook it was always large portions and when I moved out I moved in with someone I was in a relationship at the time. And since then I have never lived alone for long until I moved to my current apartment 2 years ago. :'D So cooking for one? Yeah that's really hard.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 05:25:28 )

@epsilonphi: oh i loved canned tuna haha - how do u usually prep it?

do u have a freezer? :3 i cook for one and i often will freeze things for my future lazy self (lol) - although some foods defrost better than others
or will just have leftovers for a while ... lol
although you know what, i think it usually goes the other way where i might prep more stuff at once and freeze prepped ingredients, but then cook servings that will last me like ~1-3 days ? (thinking face emoji trying to figure out what Do i do??)

how are you enjoying the event so far? ^^ i think it'll be ending tuesday but the forums and currency will stick around for another week after that :-)

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 17:48:27 )
@xvz: Whoah hey, sorry fopr the super late reply.

Sadly my freezer is super small so all I can do is keep prepped foods in the fridge for 2-3 days. So no prepping a lot and just freezing it uwu;

Also, now that the event story is done:
I hecking loved it. Character design is so good and well written and the riddles and all those things were really entertaining! My favourite characters are the white knight and white king. <3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 07:30:19 )

@epsilonphi: oh no worries! i late reply all the time too haha

ohh i've been there, tiny freezer problem ....
how's your week been?

omg yes :-) i think ppl have been making voltra fan art of them Haha i like them too, although veles (the jabberwock) is my personal favorite npc here
honestly the events are always so good here i'm so impressed by all the work that gets put into them! were you able to get one of each item??

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 08:42:54 )

@epsilonphi: Hello there, welcome to Voltra! 🙂

~ I like cats ~

~ Timezone GMT +1 ~

*°•.•°*~ My Wishlist ~*°•.•°*

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/20 12:51:48 )
@xvz:
Ah, honestly my week has been not so good but I'll maybe make a vent post about it in the apropriate forum.

I did get one of each item, yee. And I love them. Can't wait for the next event and see what they come up with <3
And yee, Veles seems pretty cool. I still don't know everything about all NPCs here but I guess i'll learn more over time :)

@merynia: Hey! Thank you ^-^

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.