Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I painted a mountain

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 22:42:11 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

So i don't often post of my work but i feel it was a good thing to post about.
Backstory: I don't paint. My brain had literally convinced me i couldn't no matter if i practiced.
So I spent a lot of time not doing it. Until like...2 days ago.

I just got fed up with myself and how i just wouldn't study so i just grabbed a simple pic i could find
of a landscape since people at the time seemed...very daunting.
I'm still not fully done with it obviously, but as a starting point i feel very proud of it.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 22:46:42 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Falling Star | Untamed | Doggo of Death| Shark Slayer | Cheshire Cabaret | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d'espoir | Dual-Toned Slick Hair | Ellie | Unique Frizzhawk | Golden Bird | Bountiful Harvest | Libra | Speedster | Adventurer | Loyal Elegance | Cleric | Beast Master | Paladin | Necromancer | Bard | Sky Master | Ryuo the Dragon | Too Hot | Soulcaster |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ whoa nicely done. <:3( )~~

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 22:57:08 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@star2000shadow: I impressed myself. :vanora_xd:
But it was super fun and relaxing to do.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:04:56 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Falling Star | Untamed | Doggo of Death| Shark Slayer | Cheshire Cabaret | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d'espoir | Dual-Toned Slick Hair | Ellie | Unique Frizzhawk | Golden Bird | Bountiful Harvest | Libra | Speedster | Adventurer | Loyal Elegance | Cleric | Beast Master | Paladin | Necromancer | Bard | Sky Master | Ryuo the Dragon | Too Hot | Soulcaster |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @MoodyB: I bet i find painting and drawing fun until i try and get things ' just so' haha. <:3( )~~

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/15 23:12:14 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

oohh it's looking great!! ^0^

it can def feel daunting but i feel like starting is the hardest part and you've got that behind u now :3

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:26:07 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@xvz: Starting will always be the hardest part.
then after that, it becomes so much less hard.
So i can't wait to do more landscapes.

@star2000shadow: I try to keep low standards with my work
otherwise, i will have a full on meltdown lol.
cause im very inexperienced.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:27:28 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Falling Star | Untamed | Doggo of Death| Shark Slayer | Cheshire Cabaret | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d\'espoir | Dual-Toned Slick Hair | Ellie | Unique Frizzhawk | Golden Bird | Bountiful Harvest | Libra | Speedster | Adventurer | Loyal Elegance | Cleric | Beast Master | Paladin | Necromancer | Bard | Sky Master | Ryuo the Dragon | Too Hot

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @MoodyB: Im very inexperienced and try to focus on the details first haha. <:3( )~~

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:32:57 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@star2000shadow: Details can be overwhelming.
Though i had some nice people in a discord im in tell me to block in the big colors first
and then detail and that helped so much.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:41:56 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Mother Anthropoda | Falling Star | Untamed | Doggo of Death| Shark Slayer | Cheshire Cabaret | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d'espoir | Dual-Toned Slick Hair | Ellie | Unique Frizzhawk | Golden Bird | Bountiful Harvest | Libra | Speedster | Adventurer | Loyal Elegance | Cleric | Beast Master | Paladin | Necromancer | Bard | Sky Master | Ryuo the Dragon | Too Hot

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @MoodyB: hmm maybe i can do that 'contemplates'..i'll keep that in mind thanks ^_^ <:3( )~~

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 00:42:54 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@star2000shadow: Basically save the details for much later after you get the
big shapes, as well as values down.
as you may end up just painting over the small details.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:03:15 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Mother Anthropoda | Falling Star | Untamed | Doggo of Death| Shark Slayer | Cheshire Cabaret | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d'espoir | Dual-Toned Slick Hair | Ellie | Unique Frizzhawk | Golden Bird | Bountiful Harvest | Libra | Speedster | Adventurer | Loyal Elegance | Cleric | Beast Master | Paladin | Necromancer | Bard | Sky Master | Ryuo the Dragon | Too Hot

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
MoodyB:
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@star2000shadow: Basically save the details for much later after you get the
big shapes, as well as values down.
as you may end up just painting over the small details.

hmm I'll give it a ry next tianvas 'nnods' <:3( )~~

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:08:53 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@star2000shadow: Sounds good!
hope what i've learned helps you some.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:25:20 )

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @MoodyB: I'm very sure it will 'nods' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 01:35:25 )
Looks really good :vivihappy:

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 03:06:54 )
Ooh, I dig it. I'm trying to force myself to draw landscapes, because I usually only draw figures, so its good to see I'm not the only one!
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 03:34:46 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@ChiffonOrange: thank you

@Glume: im mostly doing landscapes to slowly ease myself into painting portraits.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 16:49:03 )
@moodyb: love it..you definitely can paint ^.^

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 18:26:25 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@LilMissKushy: Thank you
The real challenge is proving myself...to paint people.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 22:38:12 )
@moodyb: you can do it hun your very talented .. you just need to believe in yourself ^.^ if you can do that for someone who "cant paint" then I'm dying to see ur pics for when you feel "you can paint" ^.^

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/16 22:40:26 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@LilMissKushy: It will hopefully go okay. lot of trial and error
since people are so different cause you gotta paint the skin, the hair, the eyes, and the clothes.
it's so overwhelming.

BUT when i get there i will definitely post it here.
i am bound determined to study my best to improve as i dream of painting realistically. or semi realistically.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.