Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 23:16:34 )
time to ruin everything...

I was 100% one of those kids that was like "I don't need to learn this realism nonsense, I wanna do anime >;c" and then live with that regret for the rest of my life..........

so I've become what I hate, the old fogey always telling people 'please for the love of god... study realism, then you can do anime...' HAHA
later.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 23:34:22 )
I could go for some baked goods right about now.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 23:54:54 )

I think they throw it in as Halloween decorations just because they happen around the same time and they want to pump out christmas decorations on Nov 1st.

I'm a weirdo and think of halloween as not spooky but just a time to dress up and have good family times. We celebrated it as a family instead of spooky parties.
Also ghost hunters specials on tv which is just the dead not anything terrifying.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 23:55:28 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Ive always seen november as either no shave november or ... you kno the other one lol

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 23:57:11 )

My hubby mentioned that one to me xD and I went yeaaaaaaah.... I still want bed time when the kids are asleep. Not gonna make me suffer cause of your stupid traditions you heard on the internet. Also go shave your face it needs it.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 23:58:18 )
"You've had too much of the digital love -

Except they label ALL Dia de Muertos decorations as Halloween.

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:00:20 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Ive been participating at no shave november bc my facial hair is finally getting darker and i feel like im becoming a real man.

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:00:53 )

Oh I agree that it's wrong. I just think that's what they're doing. Like they stick.... Uhhh hannukah? Stuff in with Christmas decorations.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:02:12 )

Ahh, right. Sorry for the knee jerk reaction, I get too used to people being...weird about Dia de Muertos, saying it's Mexican Halloween.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:02:14 )

@GoblinsAndTea: that's great though. :D

Facial hair doesn't look great on my hubby. He just looks like a chubby werewolf that lost some hair when he doesn't have xD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:03:44 )

@0v7: you're fine ^^ I honestly didn't know much about it until coco. Like I knew it's day of the dead and a celebration of ancestors but I didn't know many of the actual traditions.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:05:54 )

@Shadami: I'm glad Coco spread some awareness of it! Before it came out, we had The Book of Life and that was it pretty much. Before that... I dunno, I can't think of popular movies that touch that subject :(

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:08:16 )
I loved both of those movies, and they definitely taught me something. My fiance is Mexican, but I don't think his family really observes the holiday.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:08:34 )

I remember learning about Día de Muertos during Spanish class at school. It's not really that similar to Halloween from that I know. It's more about celebrating ancestors and such. The main common factor would be skulls I guess? I should brush up my knowledge on it sometime

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:09:20 )

Learning about holidays celebrated in other countries is interesting. I've learned about a few Korean holidays while learning Korean and watching Korean shows

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:10:29 )

It's nothing like Halloween, it's just seen as Mexican Halloween because it's right after Halloween and has skulls...? I think? I dunno, I don't see the resemblance.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:11:50 )
I love learning about different holidays and ceremonies. I haven't taken part in many though.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:13:07 )

Yeah, I often see Chuseok translated as "Korean Thanksgiving", but I feel like just calling it Chuseok would be better.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:15:06 )

Chuseok is a harvest festival, and it also involves paying respects to ancestors and such. Thanksgiving is also a harvest festival I guess, but we don't particularly pay respects to ancestors on that day.

★~~Questing~~★

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:16:44 )

I wonder how similar it is to Dia de Muertos.

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.