Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/18 22:53:53 )
@Aisukohi: lovely avy >u< cute, elegant and blue!

how are ya?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/18 22:55:45 )
@Kairu: Oh thank you! <3 I don't normally make cute avis, but I liked this one because it still had a touch of creepy for me lol.

I'm doing all right though. How about you?

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/18 23:21:26 )
Kairu's long dragon tail is dragging against the dirt..

@Aisukohi: sorry for the late reply. I was having wifi problems and im doing work from home. it sucks >o<

ah you like creepy style avies?

drag the tail to da infinity!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/18 23:23:24 )
@Kairu: No problem! I kinda disappear for various reasons myself. Sorry about your wifi troubles!

And I do! Which is why I loved this latest AOTW theme (Monster Mash). Was looking forward to seeing all the entries, and it was hard to vote!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/19 02:53:01 )

@Aisukohi: Florida never seems to have good farmers markets :(

@xvz: Cider in the fall is the best <3 With goat's cheese I normally have it in my salad or if I am fancy and make a cheese board it's one of the ones I like to add. I haven't done that since the before times though. It's good on a ritz cracker.
He's into Japanese culture, so it's seen it before. Mostly on the airplane. In the before times we flew a lot.
It sounds like you had a really nice time. We had to go to an outdoor market to return some chairs that were slightly messed up so the woodworker is going to make new legs for us. Then we walked around DC outside and it was really nice today. In the 60's with some clouds. Then we ate outside at a wine restaurant. It was way cheaper than the one we would go to sometimes in CA. Then we walked along the river for a bit and then headed home.

@Kairu: Hey there.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/19 02:56:16 )
@totalanimefan: Which is weird, because we definitely have farms around here.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/19 02:59:36 )

@Aisukohi: Yeah I know, but I think it's a lot of work to organize farmers markets. So unless a non-profit or a city does it, it's not going to happen. ^^;

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/19 03:01:22 )
@totalanimefan: You're probably right. The Jacksonville area does actually have a lot to do locally (when covid wasn't a thing, anyway) but I can't recall any farmer's markets being a thing. The closest thing I can think of is the flea market, which has a few local produce sections, but it's not quite the same.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/19 03:11:39 )

@Aisukohi: Yeah it's not really the same. There is kinda on about 3 hours south of you in Ft. Pierce that they call a Green Market cause it's kinda like a small farmers market, with food trucks and people who make art, and clothes and wood working. No much fresh produce to buy though. I would go sometimes when I lived about 30 mins to a hour south of there.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:05:57 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@kairu: ooh what have you been drawing lately? ^^
i might work on a painting tn too :0
glad to hear you had a nice weekend :-)

yesterday i hung out w a friend for a bit, tn i just watched a documentary called queer japan, about the lgbtq+ community in japan (as the name implies lol) - it was pretty good!
apparently in the edo period, queer and trans people were really common, it wasn't until western/christian influence entered in the meiji period that it was seen as a minority thing

@aisukohi: oh!! you and your partner have been together so long ^^ that sounds really nice
ah i meant like, is there anything fl is known for as far as like local specialties ?? for example if you're in texas you should eat some bbq or texmex or something lol

i loved the monster mash aotw theme too and seeing all the entries :-D i ended up not entering even though i did have an avi put together from before that would probably fit
i wanted to "wear" it later this month for halloween and felt weird abt entering it and then "wearing" it later lol >_>

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:10:51 )

@totalanimefan: ooh sounds tasty! i hope you can treat yourself w a cheese board soon :3 w some fruit and jam maybe ?
i had pepper jelly and cream cheese on crackers once when i was young and staying w a friend and her family in tennessee :0 it was so new to me and surprisingly really good! i haven't had it since though, i don't usually see pepper jelly around but it seems like something that would pop up at a farmer's market

that sounds like a nice time ^^ i'm glad you're able to enjoy the nice fall weather and eat outside while you can! what did you end up ordering? :3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:35:36 )

@xvz: That sounds nice. I feel like it's not worth it make a cheese board if it's just you. It's more of a small party kind of thing. Pepper Jelly is good! Maybe you could find it at a farmer market. If not the internet should have it lol.
Yeah I'm trying to enjoy it while I can, but at the same time because COVID cases are going up again in the US I'm like should I go out? But it was pretty distanced in the neighborhood I was in.
I got a wine flight (I don't really like wine but I shared it with my husband), Brussel sprouts and soy chicken. It was all good. And only $40. That's like really cheap for that and the restraint was right on the water.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 03:36:31 )

Also, as a Floridian I don't feel like there is a food that is from Florida. I know you asked Aisu but I wanted to chime in XD

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 04:37:50 )

@totalanimefan: haha mini cheese board for two ?? i've def made tiny cheeseboards for myself >0> lil snack plate
ooh maybe i could find it if i looked out for it! i've only ever had pepper jelly w that one snack, i'm not sure what else ppl eat it w ? lol

that sounds p nice :0 that's not bad for a meal + wine flight! esp by the water, having a nice ambience / view like that i feel like is part of the price lol i'm glad you got to have a nice dinner out together! do the two of you tend to do "date nights" ?
and i feel u abt feeling weird abt doing stuff :-/ i'm not sure how to feel abt it either, esp w the holidays coming up too ... i think for now i'm telling myself not to stress as long as the growth isn't exponential?

and please chime in !! i always try to open up convos if i can but sometimes it doesn't come across w the ping system lol
is seafood not a big thing in fl ?? :0

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 04:38:58 )

oof i had an early dinner - noodles w/ garlic eggplant and snow peas - but maybe it wasn't enough protein cuz i am definitely hungry again lol
might be a second dinner kind of night hehe ...

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 16:18:26 )

@xvz: Maybe you could use it like normal jelly? idk? Google would know lol
Yeah the place that my husband and I went to once or twice in CA was like $25 for the cheapest wine flight plus the plates were like $15-25 each. Plus that one didn't have a view. I did have live music sometimes.
Yes, we like to go on dates, we don't really plan them half the time. We kinda decide when we are already out and about. We haven't had many this year cause of Covid. The last date was actually our anniversary on March 8th. Then the next day, that Monday, we decide that we would start staying at home cause of covid risk. My husband was already working from home. So I started staying in about a week before the Bay Area made us and about 2-3 weeks before NYC. I take this shit seriously lol.

So for the holidays, my mom wants to drive down. Which isn't a risk because she works from home and gets tested a lot. My husband gets a weekly test from his job (he's still work from home) so we would know if we had it. But my sister wants to also come, and she lives in CA. She did fly across the country in July to see my mom before her surgery and she flew back and didn't get it (and hasn't gotten it) but I'm worried that if she comes to mine for Thanksgiving that it could be risky. My husband pointed out that even if she were to get it on the plane you aren't contagious that day, it takes 4-5 days the research thinks, so she would be gone before she could give it to us.
Still it's really risky and I don't like that but I also don't want to be the only one in the group that shuts everything down and I do want to see them. I voiced my concerns and we all decided to go through with it. Everyone is getting tested beforehand.

I'm trying not to stress over the fact that most people in the US aren't taking this seriously enough, still not enough people wearing masks. We are still sending out kids back to school, some federal government jobs have returned to the office. I will say through that the bad part of the country is the mid-west which is not anywhere near us, but still, it's worrying.

Oh yeah seafood is a thing in FL, but I feel like that's not unique? Seafood is a thing all along the coasts in the US. FL does have some good southern food too, but so does TX through VA lol. The best Chicken and Waffles I ever had was a place in West Palm Beach. Got voted the best in the state and I can see why. Honestly if it isn't this place it's not worth the calories to me lol. https://www.yelp.com/biz/bay-bays-chicken-and-waffles-west-palm-beach
Well shit, they closed. Or at least that location has? Damn covid. You should still look at the pics.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 22:11:41 )
Kairu's long dragon tail is dragging against the dirt..

@xvz: trying to finish all my art owes as possible before doing proper grinding

but other than that im doing gud >u<

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/21 03:50:34 )

@totalanimefan: aw at least yall got to go on a nice date before everything shut down
i remember the last time i went out, i met a friend at a bar and we canceled our trip lol ...
how does ur husband get a weekly test from his job?? do you mean that his work pays for it or that they send him something ...?

yeah idk how to think about the holidays, esp w many people traveling ... but i feel like you can just do your best, like at this point a lot of people do need to live their lives and are ok w assuming the risk ... i understand feeling worried though, it probably will be fine but i understand feeling antsy/weird about it
that being said i guess everyone i know has taken it seriously but it's true there are lots of people out there who aren't doing anything... i was def stressed abt schools starting again... i wish someone could tell me how to feel abt it all lol

haha i love seafood tbh ... and omg chicken and waffles!!
rip sorry they closed :-( i hope they open again in the future<3
yeah i have noticed some places in my neighborhood closed now and it's always sad to walk by u_u

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/21 03:52:40 )

@kairu: oh what do you mean by grinding?? for non-commissions how do u usually decide what to draw? ^^
i only had one commission but i finally finished it today! it took a lot longer than i expected, i think partly cuz i've been feeling kind of down so it's been harder to do stuff i guess

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/21 03:54:36 )
Kairu\'s long dragon tail is dragging against the dirt..

@xvz: im not on an art level where i can experiment color just yet. im still bad at primitive shapes in 3d plane so my drawings looked that its something off in perspective wise, was talking about fundamentals grinding

月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.