Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/11 18:12:30 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

i'm glad mail in ballots are a thing too! i am kind of glad that w the pandemic, more things are becoming accessible for those w physical disabilities, chronic pain, etc. it's frustrating it took a whole pandemic to get to here but i'll take the progress lol

i def get seasonal depression :-/ i think i'm p sensitive to like light/weather, so all the winter darkness usually gets to me
i'm trying to get up earlier though so i can get more daylight hours in - it's not my natural sleep schedule so it's kind of tough but i think would still be worth trying to make the change

the scheduling stuff is real! like when ur hours don't line up w ur friends :<

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/11 18:14:51 )

i think also w friends , as you get older you're less likely or willing to like ... do anything? like you're more set in your adult ways?
i feel like when you're younger you're more willing to talk to anyone or entertain any ideas, go w the flow, go anywhere / do or try anything
but as you're older you're like, i just wanna do things i know i like or see people i know i like, and not really interested in things you don't want to do

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/11 20:55:51 )
Oh yeah, I didn't even think about others who can't easily access voting even without the pandemic going on. Good point!

That's a good idea to make a lifestyle change to try to maintain your mental health. Hope it works for you!

And I think you're right about getting older and not wanting to do as much. I think for me, I like doing more than I did growing up, which wasn't much. But I like going on road trips, for example. The only thing is, everything costs money, so gotta be careful with that.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/12 03:57:18 )

haha ty! i hope it ends up helping
i guess for somewhere like florida winter can be something to look forward to ? like it's cooler but it's not too bad, i can imagine it being a nice break from all the summer heat+humidity?

ah true, i guess as an adult too there's more agency to do what you want which is nice! more income but also more bills too
do you feel like something changed for you as you got older?

i feel like i'll have less energy as i get older so something i've been thinking about recently is the idea of doing stuff "while you still can" - e.g. have the energy / motivation / interest for certain experiences that you might not in the future
i feel like since the future is unpredictable now too ... "while you still can" can end up meaning lots of things that we might not even be able to anticipate

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 00:52:18 )
Winter here is pretty weird. It gets cold for a little bit, then gets hot again for a stretch, and goes back and forth all season. While I think the colder temperatures can be refreshing, I don't like them sticking around for long because my joints ache when I get too cold. Also the colder, drier air tends to bring a lot of static electricity, so that's not fun lol.

For me, I think what changed as I got older is learning that some people can't be trusted and are just plain bad. I've grown up believing that there's always some good in people, but learning different things has really opened my eyes in a not so comfortable but necessary way.

Is there something you'd like to do sooner than later, in particular?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/15 04:02:27 )

oohh i see, when it's unpredictable it's hard to know how to dress for it lol
it's nice fall weather right now but not sure how long it'll last ... it's def starting to get cold though, esp if the sun doesn't come out
i had to get my big comforter out yesterday :0

mm i feel that ... i feel like when you're younger you have a lot more optimism but get more jaded after having negative experiences

ooh i think the main thing i'd like to do is travel (lmao not anytime soon though) ... i worry when i get older my body won't be able to handle traveling anymore, or i'll lose interest in experiencing different cultures
i already get a lot of pain if i walk or stand for too long which is unfortunate lol so things like major hiking trips aren't really on my list anymore
being able to backpack/walk around to explore sounds nice but i'm not sure how much of it i could really handle physically
and i think also investing in my relationships and community since it can harder to make friends in later stages of life
hbu does anything come to mind for you? ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/16 03:26:34 )
We're supposed to be getting a cold front soon, but not sure for how long or how low the temps will get.

That's unfortunate about your pains being a hindrance to doing what you'd like. D: Do you do anything special to remedy it?

Hm, I guess for me, I'm thinking about trying to buy a house within the next year, but I'm not really sure where to begin with that. I mean I know to explore my options with banks and realtors, but not sure if I should do anything special beyond that. I feel like it'll be a huge process regardless of which route I take. After that, getting married and having another kid or two would be nice. And I've always wanted to have a house full of animals, so there's that lol.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/17 01:17:01 )

ah i'm trying to squeeze in the last bit of outside time this month!! i think i would regret not going outside when it's cold and i can't anymore
i usually stretch and exercise and it does help, i also have to be proactive abt like planning my week - less so now since i'm home a lot, but before i would have to be intentional about saying yes/no to plans w friends. wfh and not commuting has def helped a lot though!

i remember you mentioning that, it does sound p exciting and i guess prices are lower now currently so it's not too bad as far as timing :0
it's kind of fun to shop around / look at listings to get a sense of what diff price points can get u in diff locations ... like beyond doing your research i think at a certain point it's like, does any adult really know what we're doing and all you can really do is try your best lol
i will say i do think youtube has some p good videos on like financial / adulting, i went down a financial literacy youtube phase shortly after i started my current job and it was super helpful! like things you don't know you don't know :0
aww i'd love that! it sounds so homey and cozy, like a house w lots of warmth and life <33 would you buying a house w a current partner? if so are yall considering marriage or not yet? (hope that's not too personal hehe no pressure!)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/17 02:07:01 )

@xvz: Hey there! How are you doing? :)

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/17 20:29:58 )

@totalanimefan: hey total!! how are you?
i've been just ok... the weather was super gloomy this week and i think it got me kind of down
i spent a little too much time playing genshin impact this week so i think once i hit the next level i'm gonna put it down for a while :0
i'm gonna see a friend tmr which i'm looking forward to!
hbu, how have you been? ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/17 23:38:54 )

@xvz: sucks you got shitty weather. That’s not supposed to happen until later in the season!
I’ve been playing a lot of animal crossing this week and I went to the farmers market in rl today. It was nice.

What are you doing to do with your friend?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/18 02:52:41 )

@totalanimefan: haha it was rainy a lot of this week and i think will be cloudy most of next week!
that sounds nice, did you get anything good at the farmer's market? :-) i haven't been to ours in a while but i miss it, i loved getting a donut / baked goods w cider while walking around, the one in brooklyn is right next to the park and library too! :'-)

we're gonna get pupusas!! and just hang out i think ^^

idk if you're into film but i just watched shoplifters and it was really good! i just started a letterboxd account to start keeping track of films i've seen :0

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/18 17:13:20 )

@xvz: that weather sucks so much. I hate it.

I got apple cider! And I also got goats cheese, apples, butter, chocolate milk, bread and then breakfast that I ate there. It was good. The line to get into the market took forever since they were only letting some people in at a time.
You should see if it’s safe to go to the one near you before the ends for the season.

My husband has seen that film and really loves it. I’ve seen bits of it. It’s a really powerful film.

Did you have fun hanging out with your friend?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/18 17:51:45 )
Yes, I plan on marrying my current partner, but we haven't set a date due to covid. xD It would have actually been this month (10/10/2020) if we'd buckled down and planned, but luckily we didn't, so no money lost! And yeah, the house would be in both our names, whenever we get around to buying lol. Actually we've been considering having our wedding at our house if that's manageable, but we'll see. Nothing's set in stone yet.

Hi total! I wish there was a good farmer's market around here, or if there is, I'm not aware of it.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/18 22:41:07 )

@totalanimefan: oohh nice!! that sounds lovely ^^ and i've been meaning to pick up some cider , i'm gonna add it to my grocery list now lol
the ones that come in packets are convenient since i don't feel rushed to drink it right away lol
i feel like goat cheese hasn't clicked for me yet, what do you usually eat it with?? :0

ohh is your husband into film??

yes it was a nice time ^^ the pupusas were really tasty, we walked around a bit and also hung out in my apt a little
he has a bg in music composition too so it was fun to futz around on the piano keyboard for a bit ^^
how's your sunday going?

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/18 22:44:46 )
hullo OuO/

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/18 22:45:13 )

@aisukohi: aww that's awesome! <3
lol 10/10/2020 would have been a fun wedding anniversary date , though i feel like there's not really a rush right?
i know a lot of ppl who did originally plan on weddings this year have had to cancel/postpone etc or just keep it like super small

is there anything considered especially good locally where you are?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/18 22:45:26 )

hey kairu! how's your weekend going? ^^

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/18 22:46:19 )
@xvz: nm, visiting all da threads >u<
Edit: I lost one paragraph my computer is derping rip

my weekend was great, i brought my dad to fast food store and bought him lunch. he's very happy. otherwise, i did lots of drawing time in the weekend.

hows your weekend going?
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/18 22:52:55 )
xvz: Nah, we're not in a rush lol. Been together for 13 years, so yeah. xD Absolutely no rushing. And what do you mean by places that are especially good? Like neighborhoods? If so, this area is so big that it has tons of different neighborhoods, so not sure lol.

Hi Kairu!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.