Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Camp Breaker 2020 Team Ice Cabin

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 03:50:02 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

ah i have a hard time multitasking ^^
i prefer doing one thing at a time or else i'm just doing neither / none of the things haha

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 03:52:52 )

There's always the pause or rewind button if I end up missing something in the podcast.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 04:03:53 )
🌈 Let the sun shine on your face,
And dont let your life go to waste,
Now is the time,
Got to make up your mind,
Let it shine on you! 🌈

@xvz: my day and evening is going well. I made dinner. My boys are in bed. I have had some quiet time before i have to head to bed. I start a new job in the morning. Meh.

I was going to add that if you dont want to take melatonin tk help sleep you can try magnesium gluconate.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 04:06:39 )
@koneko: I'll try my best at finding my dream book, and I'll try to do all of that maybe, my hangouts and chatting places don't always stay a live to be honest.

@xvz: I'll try and good to hear.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 04:17:45 )
This is exactly

Evening everyone.

what you think it is.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 04:36:49 )

that sounds like a good day xanthan! good luck your job tomorrow, i hope you have a good first day :-)

i actually do take magnesium !! it does help me a little bit w sleep and mood!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 04:37:04 )

good evening ^^ hows ur day been so far?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 04:38:07 )
This is exactly

My day was pretty boring, but my evening was a lot of fun. Friends and I decided to have a very small birthday party for a friend. We watched Deadpool, played some Red Dragon Inn, and just had fun actually being able to see and hear each other.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 05:17:02 )
I should be going to bed right about now, but I'm having a late dinner.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 05:32:16 )
@Siron: There's actually anofficial youtube channel for Time Team now. It's a BBC channel 4 show, but you can watch for free

Calico Critters and Sylvanian Families are the same thing, same company, just renamed for the US releases of them. They're little animal dolls with velvety flocking so they feel soft like they have fur.

I already finished my undergrad degree, and graduated. It's grad school that I haven't applied for yet, because I planned to go abroad for a few years, improve my language skills, add some more languages so I could do better research, and then apply. I haven't been able to do that, though, due to my health. I do already know which schools I want to apply to, but it's been on the back burner while I learned to live with the limitations of my current health. I would rather research and write than primarily teach, and with environmental history as my field, I think perhaps going into environmental policy or a related area will be the direction I'll head. There are also fewer teaching positions for the particular geographic area I'm interested in, so will influence whether I decide to apply for faculty positions or work outside traditional academia.

When it comes to scholarly articles, a lot of them are behind paywalls, and if you're at a university that subscribes to a particular publisher, or have a friend at a university that does, you can access them that way. You can also email authors whose work you're really interested in, but is behind a paywall, and they may send you a copy of an article. But open access articles are less numerous than they should be, given all the public funding that supports a lot of research. I still have access to my school's library, so I can get books that way, but it is limited to what they have in their collections, since I don't think I can request books from other libraries now that I'm an alumnx rather than a current student.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 06:54:06 )
Now is the time,
Let it shine on you! 🌈

I know we are the sleepy cabin but now when i need to sleep....i cannot. And i gotta be up in 5 hrs. Ahhhhhh

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 06:58:02 )
@Xanthan: insomnia is the worst! I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 06:59:46 )
Now is the time,
Let it shine on you! 🌈

@athabm: i am sure it is nerves. About to go make tea and watch avatar lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 07:16:00 )
@Xanthan: good plan, if you're up you might as well watch something

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 07:25:30 )
Now is the time,
Let it shine on you! 🌈

@athabm: exactly. Tbh i am a bit peckish so i decided oatmeal with fruit because i kinda wanted something sweet. And my tea. Then i am giving myself time for that to settle and at least rest before work.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 09:52:34 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

I woke up to use the bathroom and now I can't fall asleep...

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 09:58:58 )
I haven't gone to bed yet even though it's late. I was hungry and decided to eat a meal since my off kilter sleep schedule has also messed up my eating the past few days

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 11:01:03 )
@koneko: I should go to sleep soon, but I don't really feel like it

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 11:09:45 )
@koneko: that's the thing. It's not comfy to sleep right now. It's comfier to do other stuff

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/30 11:34:36 )
@koneko: yeah. Sometimes it just hurts to lie down, and it's feeling like one of those nights

as weird as it sounds, my favorite thing about when I have a fatigue episode, is that I just relax and go to bed, even though it means I sleep for at least 14 hours straight, drink some water, and then sleep the next couple days as well

(I don't really have a choice not to sleep during a fatigue episode, since I'll pass out if I don't put myself to bed, and that's dangerous)

Now I feel like I'm on the opposite side of that, not that I'm awake and alert, but that it's just uncomfortable enough that it's hard to sleep. I think it would be okay if the house didn't get so hot during the day, and I could really cycle my sleep schedule back until it was normal again, but I'm just running chronically sleep deprived at the moment and it ironically makes it harder to sleep, lol

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.