Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Weirdest Thing to Ship

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/25 19:25:23 )

Alright so recently I went to a local oriental market for some Japanese candies, and some interesting ramen flavors (side note: got an instant pho that was amazing). Anyway, mostly I got a lot of stuff that I already know that I like. But I also grab something that I've never had before. You know expand the horizons and all that. What I got was a bag of what is essentially Japanese jelly beans. The bag was soda flavors: Cola, white soda, pop, grape, and energy drink. They are easily one of the most disgusting candies I've ever had. Only Zombie Skittles can beat them, but not by much honestly. Cola was bitter and tasted like cleaning chemicals smell. White soda didn't taste like anything at all. Pop is just plain ramune and I've had better ramune candies. Energy drink was kind of like an orange Kickstart. Didn't try grape and don't really want to.

Well I was talking about how gross these were to a friend on Discord. Now she would really like to try them. XD So tomorrow I'm going by the post office to send her these nasty ass candies. Not the first time I've shipped candy (I've sent sodas too).

This got me wondering about other weird stuff sent through the mail. Send anything weird? (like pg-13/Voltra ToS friendly weird).

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/25 19:29:22 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Nothing unusual, other than the box being two feet cubed because of sheer amount, but one of the guys at that UPS had to package and ship a large plane wing piece once

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/25 19:31:35 )

@Kitalpha Hart: Poor UPS guy lol.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/25 19:34:43 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

I usually ship things to a close friend of mine in the form of 'care packages', and the whole assortment of things I usually send could be considered weird - last time I shipped some umaibō, some tumbled crystals, several bags of tea stuffed in a cute little envelope, a hand-written letter, and also a face scrubbing brush =v=

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/25 19:37:26 )

@0v7: I used to ship out care packages too, which is why this isn't my first time shipping like food product. Is the first time the container was already open. Which is the only nice thing about the jelly bean things. The bag was resealable.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/25 19:42:06 )

@Another Movie Addict: Those jellybeans sounded awful honestly, you have a stronger stomach than me lol
The funny thing is, I sent my friend umaibō in the first place was because one of the flavors was "mayo shrimp" and I was so shocked at how weird it tasted that it made my friend want to try one too - and he LIKED it?! To me, it tasted like you were drinking mayo..

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/25 19:44:44 )

@0v7: Oh man that sounds absolutely awful. Like I hate mayo to begin with.
I was so disappointed that the jelly beans were so gross. I think the problem is that whoever decided to us concentrated flavors, may have over did it. The closest food/drink I've had that was similar was this tiny bottle of Mana Potion. You could taste the artificalness.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/25 19:55:50 )

@Another Movie Addict: I hate the super artificial tasting things, it feels to me like I'm drinking plastic somehow?? Hopefully you can find better candies that don't taste that way =v=

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/25 19:57:49 )

@0v7: Indeed. Like I did grab some that I liked. But yeah I hope the next time I try to step out of my comfort zone, that I'll be more successful.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/25 20:24:53 )

I wouldn't say weird, no... but I like shipping various things to my friends when I have the time and money to do so. It's just rare that I do, as it's much more convenient to order them things directly online or wait until I see them in person than it is to make gift/care packages at home and ship them.
More interesting than the contents of the packages is the fun of decorating them. Can't go too overboard due to shipping labels and such, but I did paint/doodle all over the last few I sent.
With the current state of things, I may not get the chance to see my friend for a while yet and I've got some stuff I want/need to give her. So whenever I get around to it, I'll be going to the post office with a box of books, licorice, fig spread, and garlic oil. Maybe more if I can wait long enough to gather some more things to put in the box.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/25 20:42:21 )

I once sent a leaf to Australia (long story) and then found out you're not supposed to import plant life to Oz in case it contains invasive insects so uh don't tell the authorities lmao.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/25 21:04:29 )

uh
my roommate's mom once sent a single cooked chicken drumstick in a plastic container to our apartment

the container still had an old label on it, like she cleaned it and then repurposed it for packaging material. I can't remember what the container used to hold, but we were like "why did she send this" only to open it and it's something completely different inside ALDKFJD

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/25 23:49:32 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Another Movie Addict: oh yeah and they were dealing with a power outage during mine so I had to pay cash, but they were awed by the stuff I had because I had a lot of Japanese thrift finds

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/25 23:52:45 )

@Kitalpha Hart: That's really awesome lol.
I don't really get to ship things much anymore. Used to have a penpal that I'd send care packages too, but not anymore.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/26 01:06:10 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Another Movie Addict: it was
Plus all the finds I found and didn't have space, money, or both for :')

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/26 02:11:08 )
In my teenage years I was a dingus and decided to see if I could get away with just sending spaghetti to myself through the mail. I could. The box was disgusting. Why did I do that?

I also mailed my Wreck this Book to somebody, at that point it was very destroyed and I just taped it and mailed it like that. I'm pretty sure some postman must've been like ???

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/27 01:56:50 )
i live in a small town and am already known to my post office for my hobby lol
( ˶´⚰︎`˵ ) "a body" or "just another head" or "box full of eyeballs"
it was left off that they were DOLL parts and accessories _(:_」∠)_

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/27 20:29:37 )

@b a t t y: Lol soon I'll be shipping a head too. She desperately needs a better face up.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/27 20:39:09 )
@Another Movie Addict: oohhh what head?

my house at the time had kids that liked to play in the mailbox, so i would ship to my mom's house
and my nephew was telling her neighbor's children those bits
and they got concerned, like really concerned, that i was shipping body parts mob style to her house

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/27 20:42:02 )

@b a t t y: A Minifee Eliya head. Got her and Karsh from a friend of mine, and the face ups are rough. Like Eliya (now Alice) face up is chipping off in places. Since they're recasts ( I know bad), I'm going to let a different friend practice with the Karsh head.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.