Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Cute games to play on laptop

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/16 23:21:29 )
What are some things to do or games to play on your laptop??
I'm very picky with games ugh I want something cute and has nice art style!
Those are so hard to come across T_T

Anyone has any suggestions?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/16 23:27:53 )

I feel like it’s hard to find cute browser based games now. Most are on smartphone apps.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/16 23:36:59 )

@kwisshiie:

Are you wanting like....MMO games?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/16 23:44:26 )

runescape
I haven't played any browser games in a long time. there used to be one on facebook that was actually legitimately fun, where you explore different countries (but there's a hint of fantasy, with monsters to fight or catch) and gather materials to cook or craft things for your land.
It shut down several years ago T^T

Need more simple games like that. But most of the time they become big money grabs..

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/16 23:49:50 )

I was going to suggest Runescape but there are some weird people there sometimes. Legit, I was playing old school Runescape back in like 2008 and I had some weirdo following me around wanting me to get naked....I logged out and never touched it again for a long time.

There's also Aura Kingdom that I could have sworn I played on browser...

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/16 23:54:02 )

Yeah, that sounds about like the level of trolling in 2008 MMOs
I always think about trying to play runescape again but with no friends to play with and it restricts free players a lot, I usually change my mind before I bother.

Oh but for cute games, if money isn't a big concern there's also dofus or wakfu. I CANT remember if they have a browser version but they aren't heavy on computers at all. They are technically free to play, but just like runescape, there are restrictions. One of them is more of a free demo.
... or both of them are, I cant remember now

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/16 23:56:10 )

@Jolly:

After a couple years I went back and played up until the free stuff was done. At that time I didn't have a way of getting a subscription so I just abandoned it.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/16 23:59:58 )

@crystalkitsune85:
Yeah I went back around... 2011 or 2012? and played a 14 day trial so I could do the non-free stuff. Once that time was up I stopped playing it and moved on to another game lol

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 00:01:57 )

@Jolly:

I moved to Aura Kingdom for a while and I don't remember why I abandoned it. It was cute and fun. I guess I just lost interest in MMO. Probably got Minecraft around that time and wanted to do that instead.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 01:01:05 )
@Crystalkitsune85: yasss please! :D

Donator — Fox Lady Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 01:11:34 )

@kwisshiie:

Well as far as browser games go? I Only know of Runescape. Puzzle Pirates is also in browser and it's not really MMO, but more fun puzzle oriented. If you want cute MMO games you can download, I'd suggest Aura Kingdom, Mabinogi, Maplestory. Those last three have anime-looking characters. I've played all three and I was more into Maplestory that the other two. Though Maplestory is 2D side scrolling instead of 3D. They do have Maplestory 2 which is 3D.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 03:17:25 )
=== A wanderer wanders from place to place ===

I don't think I had any suggestions on which cute games to recommend you. Like Total said, most of them are on smartphones. :viosweat:

Though I used to play Phantasy Star Online 2 (it's not exactly 100% cutesy but it has an anime feel to it) on the Japanese server very often until I got bored of the constant grinding and rarely find people willing to party with 'cause most players aren't very social there. Dx And I don't play MMOs these days as I want to focus more on my other hobbies

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 06:45:36 )

》::: ✿・`.*
Eden eternal is a pretty cute mmorpg if youre into that
i play it //shrug
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Please ping me!

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 10:06:06 )
@kwisshiie: hi :) I play raider origin and I just checked to see if it can be played on a computer and it says apparently it can.. I'm not usually into games like that but I was trying something new and it was the only one I liked because you can build ur power faster than some games like that.. and I love that there's always events to drop cool stuff.. and I love that the wings and costumes don't have time limits on them .. the graphics are cool and all the stuff looks so pretty :)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/17 12:40:47 )
I love Stardew Valley. I would play it more but my cat prefers to sit on the laptop so it is now his.
https://streamable.com/l8ysz

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 07:08:08 )
Stardew Valley is laptop friendly and absolutely adorable.
I also used to enjoy playing the Diner Dash games, I torrented the full collection once and spent hours just nerding it
I've always wanted to lift a large quadraped over my head

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 05:06:35 )
════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

when i get nostalgic sometimes i play flash games on newgrounds and kongregate lol.

i also like emulatoronline.com -- it has a bunch of old games including nintendo ds, gameboy, gameboy advance, etc. like pokemon emerald, legend of zelda etc.

you can also download an emulator + game roms on your computer :-) if you want to play on your laptop instead of in the browser.
i'm on a mac and use openemu to play pokemon games ^^

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 05:56:29 )
I love all pixel games

Donator — Trash Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 08:55:59 )

Since 1103 posts.

If youre into cute pixel stuff, I really liked some of these games:
Undertale
One Shot
VA-11 Hall-A
Coffee Talk

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Voltie — yeet Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/27 03:05:22 )
it's really hard to find good browser games

you would enjoy maplestory (someone already suggested)

you can find some you can play in-browser on itch.io but they aren't mmos

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.