Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Daylight Savings.

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 02:45:24 )
Tomorrow begins daylight savings time (EST). Just a reminder just in-case anyone forgot/didn’t know. :D

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 02:50:58 )

Yes for (north) America. I know that England’s is different than us. I think by like a week or two.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 03:00:08 )

ngl i hate it, wish we didn't have it--
    oh well, at least there's more daylight now

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 03:12:57 )
I remembered this time, but this thread is helpful! *o*

I totes wish we could be rid of it though. I guess the only reason we keep it around is for farmers? Psh~

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 03:25:48 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Aisukohi: farmers say it makes everything worse, for the farmers is a myth cuz animals don't go by the clock, they go by the sun and moon
I've heard it was for one of the World Wars, shift the time to confuse the enemy

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 03:30:57 )

I want it to always be the summertime time one (so always daylight savings) I don’t like the switching back and forth.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 03:57:21 )
@Kitalpha hart: Oh that makes sense, sorta. I mean why keep it after the World Wars then?
@Totalanimefan: Agreed with you! I hate when it gets dark too early.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 04:01:34 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I miss not having to deal with it when I was living in Japan. )x The spring one is the worst one because we lose an hour... ughhhh...

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 04:05:06 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Aisukohi: my guess is that after it ended people didn't want to change it or the government made some sort of reason up as to why to keep it
If we could get rid of it tho, yes
I think there's studies that show that the shift forward for spring causes a lot of harm and the "benefits" from the fall one last so briefly they don't exist after a few days at most

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 04:07:50 )
@Kitalpha hart: lol oh yes, always blame the government (and I'm not being sarcastic!). And it always throws me off whether we go back or forward. Even if I try to prepare for it, I'm never NOT affected by it somehow.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 04:07:54 )

Noooo!!! ; u ; ugh I hate the time changing stuff. Ugh... thanks for the heads up lol I was totally oblivious.

Drawn by Q t e a p o n

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 04:16:35 )

@Aisukohi: me too! It’s one of the main reasons why I hate winter.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 04:22:02 )
@Totalanimefan: Same! I typically work 9-5:30 nowadays, but I feel so defeated when I come to work in the daylight and am going home and it's already getting dark.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 04:29:22 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Aisukohi: pretty sure if I had a full-time job I'd be hit by it but since I don't, it doesn't bug me much

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 04:34:02 )
@Kitalpha hart: Yep, that's definitely part of why it always gets me. Even though this time I won't be working tomorrow, I'm sure I'll still feel it.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 04:34:17 )

@Aisukohi: yeah I was working 9-6 so for it to get dark and I was still at work was really depressing T-T

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 05:30:08 )

just what i need when i've been struggling to sleep all week: to lose another hour.

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 08:13:24 )
Damn farmers, going around and ruining the days of city folk. Honestly never understood the complete purpose of keeping DST around. Sure it might kind of help with the changing of seasons for the farmers but overall it's just another insult to add to the allergies spring already brings

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 12:46:33 )
I'm so happy. * u * Fall makes it hard to get out and do stuff after work, I get so tired when it gets dark at like 5, and I don't really like going outside in the dark. Not to mention I think I have a pretty moderate to severe case of seasonal affective disorder, so I feel really down during fall/winter. :[

But now it won't be dark til 7:15 or so, I'm thrilled and feeling way better. AllTrails has a lot of places I still wanna check out, and I can finally start doing that after work instead of waiting for the weekend. :D

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 15:09:34 )
@Runner available: Bet. Getcho trail on homie.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.