Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 01:26:58 )

"“If you drink those beverages in low amounts — less than 400 milligrams — that's probably OK,” Dr. Rosian says. “That means less than four cups of coffee per day might be fine, and less than two cans of cola a day"

It doesn't matter what the source is for this quote
because it justifies me breaking my no-soda/no-caffeine diet for the 4th time in 6 months
:vanora_xd:

-chugs mnt dew-
my job sucks too much to quit soda right now

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 01:32:21 )

400... milligrams? or mililitres? 😂

i haven't really had soda in basically years, except for carbonated water. i don't miss it b:

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 01:33:11 )
i don't drink soda you can get at the store/from a restaurant but i do like making my own fizzy drinks sometimes. i basically just stole all the recipes from the cheesecake factory lol.

hello again

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 01:34:51 )

Caffeine probably not good for me but I don't notice it doing much until I've had too much. Fizzy drinks though... I try to only have one a day, if that, but if I'm at a restaurant all bets are off.

I've also been switching to diet when I can since some are now made with sucralose instead of aspartame. I can handle sucralose a lot better.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 01:42:58 )

@bioshock:
Same, although I have to be careful cause my "bad days" can be pretty often sometimes, since I dont get a lot of downtime where I'm not having a lot of work to do. Then I end up having 2 sodas a day without paying attention to how frequently, then I start craving moreeeeee

So now I try not to drink them daily. xD

@pachi:
0.4 ml = 400 mg
If I manage to stop drinking sodas for about 2 weeks straight, I stop craving it! But its always around me, everywhere, cause this is america
Then one day I'll have a suuuper bad day and I'll just throw my hands up like, fuck it! I dont drink alcohol so soda is the one for me lmao

@kegs:
lmao thats awesome! Ive never tried making my own. Dont think I need that kind of encouragement in my life xd
But it seems to be a pretty big thing here, I see others doing it a lot

@priestess of pie:
restaurants are how I broke my no-soda records almost every time. That and fast food. You dont think about it being a soda until its in your hand and you've already drank half of it. Such a bad, engraved habit.

I thought sucralose was also pretty bad for you? I might have my information jumbled up haha

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:06:23 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I cut out soda years ago. It was hard at first because the sugar addiction is strong with most Americans, but now I’m ok without it. Water and tea is my life now. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:11:02 )
@Jolly: Think it's good that you keep track of the sodas you drink! But yeah, bad days can get the best of all of us

I'm a drinker, so I usually have soda as a chaser ON TOP of just being able to chug cans like it's nothing. Terrible habit to have, but it's so hard to quit :'(

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:27:15 )

@Jolly: Oh man fast food is the worst. Sometimes I'm good and order an unsweetened iced tea, but I'm always disappointed. =( I wanted the soda after all.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:29:23 )

@tsundererra:
honestly, it was a lot easier when I had my own place. Something about having my own kitchen storage and 110% responsibilities made my diet more conscious and healthy. I fall into weird bad habits when I live with my family xd
But only myself to blame in the end

@mcmoney:
Yeah Im also taking a pathology class, so my "ohshit I need to quit soda!" phases come more frequently :vanora_xd:
I'm sure by next weekend I'll be panicking about another negative cause from the sugars and acids in soda/caffeine.

Oh man, I'm sure it is hard! Sugar on its own is pretty tough to quit sometimes, I can only imagine the challenge with "true" addictions like alcohol.

@priestess of pie:
I despise those teas so its always soda or nothing hahah
but I also need to cut out fast food. Its not even an addiction, its just pure laziness that I keep eating from them!

Donator — He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:31:03 )

Looking for merlantis.
Fishy background

~I drink pop but I prefer things like tea and juice/lemonade over them. ~

Donator — ♥? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:35:18 )
Pop is an itty bitty weakness of mine.
I really like coke, they have a new flavour out right now. It’s orange vanilla, I really like it.

Donator — He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:36:34 )

Looking for merlantis.
Fishy background

@Peachy: I like that flavor myself. Now I wish I had some. XD~

Thanks Lunakiri
In character unless ~

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:38:06 )

@Jolly: Ooof yeah. I eat too much fast food because I don't have the energy to prep lunches. I wish there was a better way to eat out without spending a fortune.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:38:12 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Jolly: I actually understand this 10000000%. xD I’m glad I live alone and I’m eating/drinking better, but oooooof. I slip up when I’m really stressed and craving something bad. )x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — ♥? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:38:47 )
@bill cipher: ahh I got to have one earlier today!!!! XD
FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 02:49:05 )

@priestess of pie:
to be fair though, I probably spend more of a fortune when I'm buying snacks at walmart >>
not because they're overpriced, but I just get too many.
I relaly need to work on my diet lmao

@tsundererra:
I'm glad it isn't just me lmao I think some of it has to do with content levels. I never used to stress eat, but lately I think thats whats going on with me lol
Im always in denial about it but really, my bank statements will prove otherwise. Snacks for days, healthy meals for one.

When I'm living in my own place, I at least have more control over the levels of chaos in my space. I feel more organized and healthy is easier
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 03:20:28 )
Haha I think I'm more worried about sugar than the caffeine tbh

It's why I try not to drink too many sodas or juices but I still do

Just not all the time

I definitely still eat too much sugar

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 03:22:38 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Jolly: Omg, YAS. I used to not stress eat until I was past 25. T^T I didn’t realize it either until I checked my bank statement and saw a bunch of small charges almost every day of eating out/buying snacks...
I think another reason it’s easier to eat healthier when you’re living at your own place is that you don’t have as much money to spend on snacks and eating out (because of bills and rent), that you generally make better choices when grocery shopping.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:36:32 )
I have such a bad soda addiction.
I can go through a 12 pack in a single day
Non binary | Pansexual | Taken
02/06/20

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 06:39:55 )
I drink coffee everyday, but I don't drink soda very much. o:

Ping me!

Hangout

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.