Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 17:24:26 )

@Ruby: I'm going to be doing a big no-no in the BJD community and get a pair of recasts from a friend. She doesn't want them anymore and is going to give them to me for an easy 80$. It's not the dolls' fault they're recasts, and I feel bad for them being just left there to gather dust or potentially be tossed into the trash.

I've watched Toy Story one too many times.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 17:40:19 )

@Ruby: lol it’s funny because it’s true 😭

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 17:46:02 )

@Ruby: I have two cats, but currently living with my parents who also have a cat. I also take pictures of other people's cats. CATS.

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 23:00:43 )

@Another Movie Addict: why is that a no-no? I don’t understand that

@Totalanimefan: right? xD at this point I don’t care lol

@Priestess of Pie: so many cats!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 23:14:15 )

@Ruby: Recasts are more or less stolen molds. Basically a company stealing the design from a big name company and thus putting that other company in danger of losing profits. So the community tends to frown upon people buying recasts. It's like buying stolen art work.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 23:59:00 )

@ruby: Honestly I'd have more if I could. But I realize there's a limit to how many cats I can feasibly handle. u_u

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 00:35:39 )

@Another Movie Addict: Oh okay that makes sense. I thought it was like, buying them used from someone else. I understand now.

@Priestess of Pie: Eventually yes lol. We took care of 25 at one point, they were all strays and had no where to go

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 00:42:10 )

@Ruby: That's a lot! But they're pretty independent. My boys are very high maintenance. I don't think I could handle many more than I have. Especially if they're as needy as these.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 00:54:27 )

@Ruby: Yee. But I'm going to buy them anyway. Just seems like the right thing to do for those poor dolls. Give'em some love.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 01:28:52 )
@Ruby: well seeing as I don't have Instagram, you're earlier to the party than I am lol.
I don't like it because it's just pictures, but I've never been a photography lover, so...

I just think it's weird for ppl (aka strangers) to ask if you have an Instagram, then add you, like they're stalking you or something 🤔

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 09:11:11 )

@Priestess of Pie: haha you’d think but they got pretty used to us babying them xD

@Another Movie Addict: yeah for sure. It’s already made and its better than it just sitting somewhere.

@djinn: ah I see. Photography is my passion soooo xD
Yeah unless you’re like trying to be a model or you have a page for a business or something it is weird to just have random people add you. And with the amount of pics being stolen for catfishing these days....no thanks lol I had to delete a request from one person twice today. Like bro get the hint

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 15:44:55 )
@Ruby: Yeah I feel like it's for some sort of business or promotion of some sort. And you have to be careful about people stealing your pics!!
I got asked to add someone today on IG...lol
Buying/drawing art for: Showstopper, Bouncer, Yes Dark Master

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/16 00:34:20 )

@djinn: Yeah I already set mine on private when I made it lol and so many people keep trying to add me and I'm like NOPE. DON'T KNOW YOU BYEEEEE
no one's getting catfished with my face

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 10:57:00 )
@Ruby: I make a variety of things, but I've often knit for my bjds and smaller dolls using extremely tiny needles, and made random stuff from clay and polymer clay. Recently, I've been making tiny geodes and I'm putting together some miniature terrariums and bonsai

I have an instagram for my dolls and miniatures: ensatiny

I have new things I need to photograph and post there

Edit: I just saw the instagram convo from earlier, and I hate when people expect you to follow them on IG. I also don't post selfies because I don't want random people to have access to photos of me. On my personal IG, it's not private, but it's only photos of cute plants and cats

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 19:50:27 )

@athabm: Following! I'm so impressed by your tiny knitting! :o amazing work!

Are the geodes made from clay? They look wonderful!

Yeah people out there are crazy about picture stealing now. But, idk. The whole reason I got it was to post selfies so I can get back into what I love and get back to not hating myself lol

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/18 23:32:43 )

I love posting many photos. Of myself, things I like, places, weird things XD
My family, pets, food XD
But my account it private and I hardly add anyone. Only people I know and love to keep in contact with family.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/19 00:20:19 )
@ruby: Just be careful not to get too sucked up into it like I did. The memes’ll getcha is ya ain’t careful.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/19 01:25:12 )
Well, I hope your happiness continues.

People say that you don't exist if you don't exist on social media. I'm pretty sure that I exist though, no need to announce it to everybody. It can help with finding a communities you're passionate about, so I hope you get the best of it.
Ping me

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/19 08:32:41 )
@Ruby: Yeah, the geodes are made of polymer clay. I decided to make them on a whim and the method to make them just kind of popped into my head, and amazingly it worked out. I'm gonna make more, with other crystal colors, because they're fun to make.

I'm knitting with some even smaller needles atm, and it's super ridiculous. I'm amazed it's actually turning out okay, because the needles are like sewing needle thickness, and very bendy. I tried them in the past and was too annoyed by them, so I put them away until now.

I'm glad you've found a way to enjoy taking photos of yourself and move past self loathing.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.