Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Hobbies you've tried and want to continue

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/10 05:13:55 )
。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚。・:*:・゚,。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:

I have been thinking a lot about what to do to distract myself from all the invasive thoughts that bring me down. In the past I have tried a lot of things and I really want to pick something back up.

My list includes painting, drawing, writing, poetry, calligraphy, needle felting, cross-stitching, but I want to pick just one of those to focus on. Pretty much have my heart set on starting to do needle felting again~ It was a lot of work and a lot of shoving a very very VERY pointy felting needle into your fingers on accident, but it is so neat seeing what kind of creations you can make <3

What hobbies do you have that you want to continue or what is one you haven't done for a long time and want to start up again?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/10 06:12:51 )
    I would love to start back writing. I enjoyed writing stories and such and now that I heavily read fanfictions, maybe I could just start writing. Whether it is fanfictions or original works, it would be cool to just do it. I probably wouldn't even share it. I'd just like to write it.

bloop

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/10 06:13:09 )

The hobby I've had for the longest is probably reading. I don't remember when I started to love reading, but I remember being excited about the school library when I started kindergarten, so it's definitely been a long time. Sometimes I go through periods where I barely read at all, but it's definitely a hobby I wish to continue. Another one I've enjoyed since I was little would be playing video games.

The most recent hobby of mine is language learning. I've been learning Korean, and I really enjoy it, although I've been slacking a bit lately. I'd also like to try learning other languages in the future.

Some other hobbies of mine include listening to music, watching Korean variety shows and Kpop idol videos, and watching Twitch streams and Youtube videos.
★~~Questing~~★

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/10 09:43:39 )
Watercolour is something I've wanted to get back into. I've only dabbled with watercolour pencils in the past, but i haven't done much art (even digital art) because of my mental health.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/10 09:49:34 )

@kaichoukai: I would love to pick up doll customising properly.
I did one, had fun with it, painted another face, but haven't gone farther than that.
... mostly because it's expensive. Lol

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/10 14:05:06 )

my hobbies are fishkeeping/aquascaping and dancing. been doing both for years. i go out for karaoke all the time, does that count as a hobby?

hello again

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/10 15:53:15 )

I already have a lot of hobbies (drawing, cosplay, lolita, video games) but one I'd like to get back into is music. I'm not trained and not good, but I do enjoy writing it when I can. I'd also like to learn to play an instrument again. On my own terms this time. It just doesn't get a lot of priority when I have so much else going on already.

I also have a bad habit of wanting to do all the things, so I'll pick up a new hobby now and then but quickly realize I don't have the bandwidth for it.

Doing custom dolls always sounded like fun. I always wanted to try like... finding dolls and toys at thrift stores and fixing them up.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/10 16:34:44 )

Digital art, I want to buy a tablet for it in the future~
I've had little experiences with it in the past but it was fun to do! I've drawn a little bit on my old computer and phone. I'm no pro but still a rookie but I wouldn't getting back to it again in the future, when I'm more financially stable ^w^

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/10 19:49:33 )
a while ago i learned crocheting in school, though i have since forgotten how to do it i want to learn it again

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/10 21:07:45 )

@khadijacandy: I think I've learned to crochet 3 times already and forgot it each time. XD Another case of wanting to do all the things, but not enough time to actually do them. There's a lot of really cool patterns out there now though.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 00:36:12 )

Most of my favorite hobbies are on the more expensive side. Which is why I haven't been continuing them. Would like to get back into knitting, I just have no idea how to advance beyond where I am. Since watching videos doesn't really help me, I need to see the hands up close and personal in real life.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 21:53:37 )
Like so many others I really enjoyed writing. When I was younger it was always a creative writing piece I just lacked the motivation to continue. Once I started working the time and the want to write diminished greatly (all I wanted after a long day of work is food and sleep)

I'd love to get back into it but don't know where to start

Chatterbox

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 20:51:49 )
@Priestess of Pie: yeah theres a lot of hobbies i want to learn, but don't have the time and\or money to do. so i mostly just stick to drawing
Hangout: https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/8610

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.