Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2019 Get In the Solstice Spirit: Community Goals

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:34:11 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Koneko: CHEER US ON. Do you gots any shows or movies you really love? :3

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:35:58 )
Oh I absolutely still ship Poe and Finn. They're the most believable pairing in the whole trilogy

Donator — They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:36:48 )

Disney forgot that bi people exist. >:)

Also seriously like, Han took her in and probably saved her life because of it. They had a bond over the ship and a whole like mentor/mentee thing going on. Agreed, makes ABSOLUTE NO sense that she basically doesn't care, especially after finding out that the connection between her and kylo was forged by snopes (snoke, i just call him snopes).

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:38:25 )
lol, Snopes

Rey's fixation with Kylo and redeeming made absolutely no sense to me. He tortured her and killed those who mentored her

Donator — They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:38:50 )

@koneko: that's fair. I have a terrible memory when it comes to books so I end up rereading a lot of the same ones because of it.

Oooh, that sounds spooky. I heard the haunting of hill house was nuts. Would you rec it?

Donator — They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:39:49 )

Oh im stupid you said you liked it, so im assuming probably. lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:40:15 )
I think I've only seen one episode of Black Mirror. It was creepy, but in a satisfying way

Donator — They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:41:58 )

I only watched the lesbian one San Junipero because my friend made me watch it. It was pretty cool.

I think that might have been the only one that wasn't like "technology is bad"

@koneko: ooh, its a show? totally thought it was a movie. that sounds even cooler. I'm kinda new to the spooky scene because I'm kind of a baby when it comes to certain kinds. Like I am terrified of zombies, haha. But I'll totally check that out!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:44:43 )
If you like creepy comics with a bit or a lot of magic, I highly recommend Locke and Key.

Stephen King's son is the writer, but uses a different last name from his dad, and it's a different kind of horror than King writes, but it's really really good

Donator — They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:48:55 )

@koneko: ahhh, perfect. I love me some psychological scary stuff more than like, jump scares n such. Which is why I loved silent hill 2 so so much. That was a fine piece of art.

also yeah, i dont much love horror that focuses too much on mental health. It can be interesting if done right, but most of the time it can be kinda incorrect and cringey.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:50:24 )
yeah, jump scares just feel cheap to me

it's disappointing when people use mental health as the excuse for horror, and further stigmatize it

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:52:16 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I forgot the connection between Rey and Kylo was forged by Snopes (lol), which makes justifying that kiss even more infuriating. )x They should’ve just had Finn and Poe kiss, that way we get what we all wanted and Finn ends up kissing someone in each of the movies.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:53:13 )

yeah nO

That reminds me, I will say, the show Crazy Ex Girlfriend I thought was gonna be super cringey because of the name, but it actually delves into mental health in a cool way (though it takes a few seasons to climax) and actually addresses like the process and getting help etc

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:53:33 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Black Mirror is a good show, but I can’t remember the details of it as much since the chars and plot changes each episode. The episodes can get really freaky.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:54:58 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Tbh, I prefer jump scares to pure gore/pain horror like in the Saw movies. )x Not about seeing people doing stuff to themselves because they’re desperate.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:55:59 )

@koneko: yeah! I kind of love things that sneak up on you to grab audiences it might not normally. Also it's a musical and really well written, haha.

@tsundererra: OH NOOO I hate gore too no thank you

Donator — They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:57:13 )

Anyway you guys have been awesome to talk to! Really helped my day go by in-between moving files -_- I gotta bounce though, ttyl! I'll prob hop in and out later tonight whilst playing some good ol' dnd. <3

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 01:01:42 )
Yeah, I don't like gratuitous gore, either. I like psychological horror the best

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 01:03:44 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@koneko: I remember ones that bothered me the most for some reason, like the mom who installed the spying device in her daughter, the man who got irl banned by his gf when she was pregnant (and he couldn’t see her or the kid afterwards until she died), and the pig and the UK politician. >3>

Gore needs to have a reason for me too, otherwise NOPE.

@skettiyeti: It was fun talking to you too, and you made all these pages fly bad. We’ll still be here if you want to keep chatting later. ^^

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 01:03:59 )
You know, I'm only halfway through the first season of Avatar, and they are handling Zuko really well as a character who is nasty but you can smell the redemption arc coming. It looks like he's going to have to earn it, and the explanation for his current state is believable

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.