Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2019 Get In the Solstice Spirit: Community Goals

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 03:55:50 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@koneko: I thought you were trying to get me fired. xD I can go hermit tomorrow for sure.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 03:56:15 )
She was born into money. -.- and didn't understand crap

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 03:59:26 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

She sounds pretty ignorant. I’m sure there are people who abuse the system, but that doesn’t mean the majority does, and it’s crappy to make assumptions on someone’s life like that. ):

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:04:12 )

It shouldn't. But the stigma is that everyone on it is a lazy abuser and it deserves to be taken away from us. I can't go out in public anymore without someone saying that I'm the scum of the earth for needing help. I hate it...

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:07:07 )

Thanks. I just needed to rant for a bit. back to much happier conversation! Like food. i'm hungry. but also sick. so i have no idea what to get that is fast that isn't gonna exhaust me to cook. lol.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:14:58 )

I don't think we have any cause it's bad for me. xD but good idea! :]

hum hum. what do i have that's similar... maybe have ramen left...

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:16:14 )
I get my health insurance through the state, but I pay out of pocket for dental, because there's only one practice that my insurance covers, and they treat us like we're second class, and I refuse to get healthcare from someone who doesn't believe that I deserve it. Thankfully there are a ton of doctors that take my insurance and dont discriminate.

I also don't go see any therapists or counselors since there's only one practice that's covered by my insurance and they have no openings. I was referred there for adhd *years* ago, and they never followed up.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:18:18 )
But for happier things, I got some cool stuff in the mail today to make some miniature fairy gardens. That's why I went to the library yesterday to get all those books

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:18:43 )

ooo i remember you mentiong that. have funs!!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:21:44 )

i gotta get a new microwave steamer. Makes ramen noodles all puffy and soft. and sooooooooo gooooood.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:25:55 )

So does my husband. xD I love them nice and soft.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:26:03 )
I just use the instant hot water tap we have in the kitchen, 'cause I'm lazy, lol

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:27:02 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I think a lot of how you get treated is based on your area. My area is kinder to people on Medicaid and those using food stamps because we know people are struggling and that it’s hard to make a living.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:27:08 )

what's an instand hot water tap

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:27:43 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I used to make instant ramen and mix it with plain yogurt for when I was sick. :’3 Ooooh man, I really want ramen...

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:28:13 )

yogurt? why?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:33:00 )
@Tsundererra: I mean, most of my friends are or have been on some kind of assistance, so people are not the problem, it's the institutions that take or don't take insurance that are the problem I've encountered. All the grocery stores take food stamps, even the fancy ones which actually have better deals a lot of the time, if you know how to cook from scratch, and have the time and energy to do it.

I just want everyone to have food, housing, and dignity. <3

Now I'm back to watch some more Rebels

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:33:45 )

Enjoy the rebels ^^

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:35:52 )

i've been trying and failing. xD This is all I've drawn lately.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 04:39:58 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Shadami: Plain yogurt in stuff is delicious. It’s like sour cream.

@athabm: I have had friends on food stamps too, and they’ve never had a problem. I had crappy health care, and I feel like I got judged because even though they accept that insurance company, they don’t accept my plan because it’s one of the cheaper ones. ;~;

@koneko: I would love some, but I gots to eat it on a cheat day from my low sodium diet. Dx

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.