Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature Books you found because of the film

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 05:23:01 )
For example I discovered Howl's Moving Castle and the sequels because of the movie. I fell in love with those books, which all lead to me finding an author I really like. Other examples would be What Dreams May Come and The Help.

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 05:27:06 )
I found the Howl’s Moving Castle books thanks to the movie as well. I really enjoyed them. When I was little I also found Roald Dahl’s books after watching some of the movies based on them.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 05:32:04 )
@Starlight: Yay another person who's read the Howl books! How did you feel about Castle in the Air?
I discovered Roald Dahl's through school, being forced to read his autobiography.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 05:33:56 )
Thirding Howl's Moving Castle XD The book is so different!

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 05:38:34 )
I'm the literal opposite of everyone, I found the movie because of the books since my mom was a huge fan of Diana Wynne Jones and read them to me when I was like, 5... I was so confused when I found out about the anime I thought it was like, a real novelty until I found it how big a studio Ghibli was and how beloved that movie is orz It's good though! (I liked the Dalemark Quartet more)

I don't know if I found any books because of movies... Maybe IT in high school but I hate that book.... I found the Tactics manga because of the anime though o: I liked the anime but I LOVED the manga. It's so good.
later.

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 05:39:34 )
@Another Movie Addict: I liked it a lot; I liked the whole series. Ah, that makes sense. I don’t think we read anything about or by Roald Dahl in my school.
★~~Questing~~★

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 05:45:42 )
@Starlight: Eh I didn't care for Castle in the Air as much, it was okay but I definitely found it to be the weakest.

@okios: Lol high five.

@ghost: I'm sure the movie must've been a slap in the face then. It's different from the book. Howl and Sphie's relationship wasn't as much fun after reading the book.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/7 05:59:42 )
ahhh... Would you believe Harry Potter? I hate hate HATED reading when I was a kid, and then my mom took me to see the movie and I loved it so much that I needed to know the rest! And uh, now I'm an obsessive reader, writer, and Harry Potter fan in general so that movie kind of actually changed my life.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 00:19:22 )
The Millenium Trilogy. The Swedish movie was on the theaters here, and I thought it was really cool. I looked for more info online and found out there were other movies and that it came from a book! Soon I had read the other books and watched the other movies as well. Also the american movie is terrible.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 00:28:47 )

The Fault in Our Stars, I read that before seeing the movie, because everyone was so hype about it at the time.
The Chronicles of Narnia, never actually read all of those but I got to the start of Prince Caspian. (Need to start them again tbh.)
The Maze Runner series, LOVE those books. (Def wanna re-read them, too.)
Harry Potter, of course. Hadn't read them until like my senior year of high school. Just finished rereading them in August.
The Hunger Games, also read those before the movies. Couldn't even watch the first movie because it was right after I finished the books and it was just too different/confusing for me to cope with at the time. lol (Now I love both movies and books.)

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:24:13 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Lol this was about seeing the movie first and finding the book because of the book.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 01:40:04 )

@Another movie addict: Well, I found the books because of the movies.
Same thing, the only movies i saw first were Harry Potter and The Chronicles of Narnia.
The other ones I made a point to read the books first.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:00:02 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Fair enough.

I was just reminded today of another book that was discovered because of the movies. It was an interesting path to finding said book. First I saw the remake of The Haunting first, found a movie review that turned me onto the original film, then through another movie review I discovered the book. It's one of my favorite books now. -w- this also happened with Flowers in the Attic and I curse the day I saw that damn film.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:02:54 )
Starship Troopers was nothing like the book but I didn't know that until it was too late. Pretty good read though.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:06:01 )
@Claire: And now I know there were books before those movies.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.