Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2020 Σ>―(〃°ω°〃)♡→ Közi's Rainbow Sunshiney Love Palace {Open!}

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/22 19:53:15 )
@Another Movie Addict: So you didn't really escape him after all! Ouch. At least you don't have to deal with him as regularly??

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/22 22:35:50 )

@Wildfire: I've heard stuff he was doing in a third city's chat, but mostly it has been pretty calm. Then of course he had to show his ass in a big way. At least the admin that was firing mods who disagreed with the trouble maker finally realized that he was a terrible person. She doesn't want anything more to do with him either. I did resist the urge of saying I told you so.

Now our trouble maker is a boomer who keeps subtle insulting the younger folks. He's like in his 60s and thinks he knows everything there is to know about anything.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/22 22:45:29 )
@Another Movie Addict: LOL - that has nothing to do with being a boomer (although it sounds like he really is one!) - it's a personality trait/flaw that can happen at any age or any time! Regardless, it's not a pleasant trait to have to deal with. At least the admin finally came around and realized what was going on.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/22 22:49:19 )

@Wildfire: Fair. But he does do like boomery things. Casual racism being one of those things. Then flipping shit when you call him out as saying racist shit. Has this deluded belief that the reason some of us younger members not having jobs is because we aren't trying hard enough. He refuses to believe the high unethical ways hiring practices are nowadays. Ect ect.

I told the chat owner upfront, that if says one more bullshit thing I'm going to bitch him out. Even though that would just make him feel validated.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/22 22:55:59 )
@Another Movie Addict: Hiring practices have always been flawed. It sounds like he's quite another "personality". :/ Dealing with difficult people is not the easiest thing to do, but they are inescapable... :(

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/22 22:59:32 )

@Wildfire: I shared a picture I'd found on Instagram today that I thought everyone would enjoy (I did credit the artist). It was Pokemon done in the Animal Crossing art style. Friend giggled which was the point. Then he just forces his way into the conversation saying they look like something from Happy Tree Friends, and was like but of course y'all don't know what that is. Mostly to my friend who is in her early 20s, whereas I'm almost 30. Like he never fully says you're stupid for being younger than him, but implies it in such a way you know that's what he is doing.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 00:31:22 )
@Another Movie Addict: Yeah, I get it and I have run across people like that. It's not usually a pleasant encounter. "Happy Tree Friends"?? I don't even know what that references ... Bob Ross, maybe?? Anyway, that's not the point. Can you ignore him and his antics?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 00:48:02 )

@Wildfire: If we were on Discord yes, but we're on Telegram so no.

Happy Tree Friends is a very early webseries about animals that kill each other.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 00:51:28 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh! Well, I was way off base with my guess XD That's unfortunate that you can't really block-ignore him. Maybe you can ignore him in a more traditional way and just pretend he's not there??

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 00:52:36 )

@Wildfire: That's what I try to do, just sometimes he says something so stupid that it is very hard to not scream at him.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 00:55:20 )
@Another Movie Addict: Yeah, but it's probably those times where it's even more important to forget he's there.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 00:57:18 )

@Wildfire: Mostly what happens is I bitch about him in a separate secret chat.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 00:59:03 )
@Another Movie Addict: ROFL - ya gotta do what ya gotta do, I suppose!!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 01:04:31 )

@Wildfire: At first is wasn't a secret chat, it was meant for a Christmas party planning chat. So the three of us setting up the party to talk without clogging the main chat. But then all the Red stuff happened (trouble maker), so everyone who was fleeing main chat to get away from him. We all ended up in the party chat. Now we use it to bitch about the trouble makers without starting fights.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 01:10:53 )
@Another Movie Addict: LOL. It sounds like it's purpose has evolved the way it was needed to!!
I'm glad you have an outlet, but sorry that you have to deal with such a personality. Again, it happens, and can be hard to get away from, but still...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 01:12:05 )

@Wildfire: Maybe some day the admin will finally ban him. The only thing saving him right now is him and the admins are friends.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 01:14:44 )
@Another Movie Addict: Didn't you say the admin finally came around and admitted he was an ass? Or is this a different admin (or set of administrators)??

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 01:21:36 )

@Wildfire: Same admin. She's just too nice to do modding properly. Red finally just left on his own because he got tired of being called out for his crap. She never did anything but defend him. And fired every other mod who'd get on to him, of push them to quit. Now the new trouble maker is her 'oldest' friend, and because of that she doesn't do anything when he does stuff.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 01:25:53 )
@Another Movie Addict: you told me about this before. And yeah, you really should have a backbone if you're going to take on a moderator role...
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 01:27:00 )

@Wildfire: And the co-owner, her husband, just does not want to mod at all.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.