Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Bulletin Board ❀ ACNH Hangout

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 14:36:53 )
@jolly: No, it's all good! XD
I ended up switching to another game and then going to bed shortly after that.

I was having the same issues with my friends. It was hard to find a time we could all meet up. Hahaha.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 17:55:44 )

@moodybats:
I've been pretty good. Trying to shift my sleeping schedule since I'm starting night classes (online) and overnight work shifts now. My body is so used to waking up at 7 for previous classes :vanora_sweat:

@yandere:
Yeah whenever I'm free, they aren't. Or things come up like last night my family started talking to me about important jazz and it lasted forever haha
We're all trying to move out of this state, but in different directions, so we had a lot to plot about xD

I wish you could send mail to your friends without having to travel to each others' islands first. I have people that are never online the same time as me that I wanna send gifts to lol I actually have a client on there too but he's a truck driver, so he's always on at really random times. I just wanna be like "THANKS FOR BEING AN AWESOME CLIENT HAVE THIS TOILET"
:vanora_xd:

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 18:46:25 )

Etsy's vast animal crossing collections are driving me nuts
I want everything
like this gyroid planter
;;;;;

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 20:59:36 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Jolly: shifting schedules is hard.
I've barely made a shift in mine.

I hope you are able to shift yours.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 22:51:14 )

@moodybats:
Thanks! I've had to do it many times in the last few years.
Staying up later tends to be a lot easier than having to wake up earlier, so I have very little to complain about XD

Also so glad animal crossing's bunny day finally ended! I can fish in peace ;A;
fishing tourney should have been today lmao

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 00:55:10 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Jolly: Yeah I totally get that.
Back wen I was still learning to get my GED I had to shift mine so many times that way.
Now I am like "how...do I do this again??" XD

No more eggs!
Just fish.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 18:22:20 )

@moodybats:
Yeah I usually change mine due to work. I've had a lot of job changes or changes within jobs that make me shift my sleeping schedule a lot xd
This time is more favorable since the purpose is isolation from the general public. I can work a bit safer and have less risk of bringing sickness home to my family. Manager's are saying they might continue this overnight position until end of year too!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 20:15:49 )
@jolly: Hahaa, same here! Or they open up the gates as soon as I'm going to bed, and I wonder if losing sleep is worth it. : p
No worries, no worries! That happens to me all the time! I tried to get two of my friends to visit and once they were both available I had to leave to pick something up and it ended up being a 3 hour thing. * ___ *
Oh gosh, all moving in different directions? That's pretty crazy. Hope it all works out for you guys though!!

YEAH. I agree! There's so many times I want to mail something out and I can't. askdjhfasdjf.
Have this toliet. Hahaha. It's nice receiving mail too, it's like people are thinking about you when they see something, or at least I think of it that way.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 20:26:10 )

@yandere:
Honestly though xD
Or when I tell my bf "kay I'm gonna get off so we can spend time!" and then I get someone messaging me for AC like "OMW"
its usually my sister so I open the gates anyway lmao

Yeah its kinda nice. In the old gamecube game I had this childhood friend who would send me letters when she'd play with me. I can't remember if you can set WHEN they received it or if I just always forgot to play for a long time and would randomly get mail from her. Was my favorite thing <3
I miss writing letters irl (they always vanish cause the post here are really lazy ;; ) so I wanna do it ingame sometimes :vanora_xd:

In any case, I'm free for the next 2 hours if you wanna connect~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 21:10:02 )
@jolly: Aaaaah, same! It's always at the worst time. asdkjhfaskjdf.
If it's something where I don't need to do much but tap the screen so it doesn't kick me out, then I'm fine, but that's never the case. Haha.

Awwwh, that is really cute! Q VQ I miss the gamecube, it was what really got me into games. Haha. I think I only really wrote letters to the villagers. I don't remember if I even had any friends on that, or if it was possible. @ ____ @ ;;;
I heard about a writing app that goes along the same thing where you can write to a penpal and it takes however long it normally would to send mail and whatnot. I'd have to do some research, but it does sound really nice receiving letters that aren't bills. Haha.

Aaaa. I just finished work and I'm about to play a game with my hubby. ;;;
I can run in quick and drop it off before we play maybe? Then at least we can mail each other stuff. Haha.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 21:15:28 )

@yandere:
I never got many games for the gamecube. I saved up my life's worth of bday or christmas money to get the console, and even then I had to reeeeeally convince my mom to let me. She was a playstation-only type XD
But I got animal crossing and sonic adventure, and I was fully content.

Oh that sounds interesting. Although it does lack the traditional feel of letter writing. At that point you might as well just send an email xD
But I might look into it too, maybe it would be pretty neat.

Hhaha no problem! I'm also drawing lmao
I can open my gate if you just wanna quickly connect and then run away to play with him
That way we can be on mailing lists XD

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 21:25:40 )

AH thanks for the apple too! ;v; I think all I need now are peaches

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 21:44:35 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Jolly: I sorta gave up on fixing schedule.
At least until cold weather stops.

I don't really have much to do or a job.
My job, for now, is making stickers for red bubble and hoping someone someday will buy my lame
designs of demons on stickers. :vanora_sweat:

I can't really get an RL job as my dad is in his 60's and has had pneumonia already so I can't really risk it.
The job I was going to get was with a relative but they are actually a mandatory job so I wouldn't be able to stay home
during the virus.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 22:46:15 )

@moodybats:
Oooo I kinda stalk found your redbubble and I love the sticker you have on there. I only see one though, you should definitely keep up with making them!
I've thought about getting a sticker printer and designing to sell on etsy, but I'm not sure how well that would pay off. Especially without a following I wouldn't get any traction probably ^^;
Maybe unless I made a bunch of fandom themed things

Ouch, yeah its definitely better to protect your loved ones! Even once things open back up again, I still plan to take as many precautions as I can. I also live with people who wouldn't survive the virus. I am so grateful my job has created an overnight position so that some employees can work without direct contact with customers, and my HR prioritized me being part of that crew cause of my situation.
I still avoid my family to be safe. Eat my dinner outside and all that xD

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 22:54:21 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Jolly: There's two on there. But of the same piece.
Just a daytime and nighttime version.
Hopefully, they sell but not 100% confident in that lol.
But I have better designs...hopefully. :vanora_sweat:

I don't really have a big following
so idk if my stickers will sell. But I need to try as I don't have any other way of income.
Just need to advertise the heck out of it.

I still don't really know if things will calm down tbh. So idk if I'll end up getting te job I want.
So might just have to be a freelance artist for a while.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 23:04:09 )

@moodybats:
Ohh I see it, I like them both! If I can land another commission here soon I'll have to order one from you. I have a couple of thermal bottles to decorate but haven't seen a paycheck in a couple of weeks outside of RLC :vanora_xd:

Yeah I have like 86 people following me on twitter, but they aren't very active I think? Most came from a few years ago when someone bigger mentioned me making a comic for them lmao so I didn't do much to earn attention. I post too infrequent or sporadically.
If you can stand it, I do recommend sprinkling in some fandom themed items in your shops. Sometimes having those can bring attention and then people might see your other work too. People more often search fandom tags.

I wish you the best of luck though! I tossed a little share for your shop so hopefully one of my 86 followers actually sees it XD
If they are at all active haha

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 23:10:35 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Jolly: You don't need to do that.
I just need to think about how I can advertise it better with such a small following.

That's a whole lot more than me that's for sure.
5 followers on twitter and like 10 on Instagram. :vanora_sweat:

My fandom stuff I have going on just won't be done for quite some time since their
quite large pieces and not just stickers like my other stuff.

Hopefully.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 23:12:52 )
@jolly: I don't really think I did either. All I remember is animal crossing. Hahaa. It was the only console I really owned on my own besides the gameboy series, I guess. Awwwh, at least you were able to convince her though! My brother got most of the games, since he was older and he was awful at sharing, so I mostly just watched the games. I'm pretty bad at them anyway, so I would have gotten frustrated anyway, I guess.
I think I was really big on the super nintendo before that, but again my brother owned it. ;;;

Yeah, it sounded pretty cool though. Almost like a modern twist on penpals. Not sure if you would be able to send it to random people either...
Hmm. E-mails are immediate though, as long as both people check ir regularly...

Ahh, nice nice! i should be drawing after this, but I'm so behind in the game because I don't stay up late. weep.
No problem! Ack, I have peaches too, I should have brought them. adskhjfakjsdf. Next time! Unless I can mail a small stack of them...

TH || dA ||webtoon

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 23:21:47 )

@moodybats:
I like supporting fellow artists if I can. So many have done so for me <3

Haha well, I guess it isn't always about numbers either way. Like I said, 86 followers that are not active is not any different from having like, 2 active ones ^^
It does absolutely make my day when I get interactions beyond simple likes and follows. Like, comments mean the world to me haha

@yandere:
Haha awww I'm not the greatest at certain types of games either tbh. But a lot of that is because we dont put the time into them. Its a skill as any other.
RPGs and tactical games are usually where I'm better at it. But like, shooters/mobas make me stress so much cause I never bothered to get better at them lmao

I grew up on PS1 which was also big for RPGs anyway. So final fantasy became my main jam xD
I didn't mess with other consoles unless I was visiting someone who had one.

Haha its okay, I need to repay you before you give me peaches too! Idk with what yet but maybe I'll just shower you with tickets lmaoo
Or bells, I did say I'd give you those and kinda forgot at the last minute. I'll see if it will let me mail you some :D

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 23:21:55 )
*edit
site broke for a mini second and double posted, oops
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.