Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat really feeling that age now--

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 20:29:46 )

โ˜… โ˜… โ˜…
    it's so jarring coming from a quiet little fandom with a small circle of people and peeping into one with active people and tons of content and memes everywhere ๐Ÿ˜‚ how did i used to handle it...

tbh i think i'm just getting old and slowing down ๐Ÿ˜‚

let's talk fandoms y'all. any ones you're in? do you produce fancontent?

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 21:19:58 )

Not really. I have made the rare piece of fan art from time to time for things I enjoy, but I tend to stay away from fandoms. I just don't love any one show/movie/whatever enough to follow it and its fan content that closely, though I skirted around the MLP fandom for a bit. It's the closest I've come to understanding the draw of fandoms.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 21:27:25 )

โ˜… โ˜… โ˜…
    i'm the same with most IPs but the ones that i remained in the longest are like sandbox fandoms where people run wild with headcanons because there's actually so little lore on the characters |D

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 21:34:28 )
Sadly a lot of the things I like have a horrible fan-base. I try to like things in a low-key way to not be associated with jerks. Perhaps I just need to like better things :D
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 21:38:42 )

โ˜… โ˜… โ˜…
    omggg i hate instances when the fandom turn potential fans off just because of the people in them ๐Ÿ˜‚ so unfortunate ...

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 23:33:58 )
โ˜…โŒ’โ˜†โŒ’โ˜…โŒ’โ˜†โŒ’โ˜…

I feel like it has been so long since I actually interacted with fandom culture and communities...
Like I would say the furry community/fandom but I try not to dive too deep... Just feels better to be quiet and stick with a few people because when you dump all your cups into the same bucket, it is a recipe for disaster--

๏ฝกโ˜†โœผโ˜…โ”โ”โ”โ”โ˜…โœผโ˜†๏ฝก

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 00:00:14 )
โ™ช (/ใƒปใ€‚ใƒป)/ Sweet dreams.

I usually avoid fandoms because I didn't want to get involved in certain things (like the whole drama thing, shipping wars, etc.), you can still enjoy a video game/tv series/whatever and do fanart or any fan content without being in a part of a fandom as long as you're happy.

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 00:44:46 )

"These make me very happy..."

My main fandom is Supernatural (I know. Shocker,right? ) However,I generally have a hard time interacting with other fans due to a lot of people hating on ships. My primary ship is Destiel. I don't mind if someone doesn't share my love for a ship,but it's when they get rude about it ("omg,that's so gross",etc.) I get that it's not canon. I just think Dean and Cas have great chemistry,so I choose to ship them. *shrugs.*

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 01:13:29 )

Sometimes I get really into a show and I look up stuff like in the past it’s been Inuyasha, one piece, dbz, Gintama. Sometimes I just want to talk about the characters or how awesome the last do was. I like to look at fan art and sometimes fan fics. I never make fan or stories though. I’m not the best creator. Lol

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 01:44:34 )

@Totalanimefan: Ooh. I loved Inuyasha! I grew up watching anime. Inuyasha,Sailor Moon,Dragon Ball Z/Dragon Ball,Tenchi Muyo,Full Metal Alchemist. I also got super into some of the intro/ending songs (especially in Inuyasha).

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 02:22:52 )

@Castiel: I love the music to Inuyasha. I brought a CD in the mall back in the day that had all of the open and ending songs on it. It was from an Asian store in the mall.
I grew up watching all of them too. I also got an FMA music CD from the same place. Did you ever watch Brotherhood?

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 02:24:03 )

โ˜… โ˜… โ˜…
    so that general consensus is just... avoid huge fandoms because of shitty fans, basically? ๐Ÿ˜‚

also what are y'alls fandom evolutions, i'm curious heh heh

@Totalanimefan: LMAO i burned a cd of all the IY ops and eds hfhdjhjdhgjhg

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 02:26:34 )

@pachi: I did too, but these CDs were like $10 and it supported a store that I liked to go to.

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 02:48:54 )

@pachi: In my experience,yes. Though the majority of Destiel hate I see is on Facebook. A page I follow will post a pic and/or meme that is Destiel-related (or could be interpreted as such), and people will be like, "Dean's not gaaaay." or "Can't two guys just be close without being in a relationship? Ewww." DX Fandom evolutions? Like what fandoms do we like nowadays?

@Totalanimefan: I do,too! That's awesome! I used to just download/burn all of them onto a CD like a bad kid,lol. I can't say that I have,but I've heard it's really good!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 03:22:50 )

@Castiel: I loved making CDs.
You should watch FMA Brotherhood. It’s a masterpiece.

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 03:33:40 )

@Totalanimefan: I did,too! Once my brother showed me how to do it. xD I will. I've actually been wanting to get back into anime,though I have trouble finding places to watch series without subtitles. I can watch with them on,but I find it hard to concentrate on reading that and paying attention to the show at the same time.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 04:43:22 )

โ˜… โ˜… โ˜…
    @Castiel: your ship is giving me throwbacks to 2011 tumblr ngl LOL i had a couple of friends who were super into it and it was all over my dash haha |D

tbh i miss the fandom days on livejournal, didn't feel as chaotic as twitter/tumblr/discord etc sdfdksjkg

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 04:52:43 )
ใ€Ž Moody Says. . .ใ€

โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…โ–…

I make sailor moon fanart.
Probably more to come soon as I love and am part of many fandoms.
Though, I do not actively participate on fandoms online because...social anxiety is something I deal with often.
So I kinda just stay in my own corner. :vanora_sweat:

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 05:20:59 )

@pachi: live journal was great.
@Castiel: FMAB has a great English dub.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/8 05:23:06 )

@pachi: Oh my gosh. Glorious Destiel spam,haha. Ooh. I remember live journal. I very much agree! I have trouble keeping up with fast-paced chats (like group discussions in Discord). Several people will say something,and I'm still trying to figure out what to say,or reading messages. xD

@Totalanimefan: Oh,great! Thanks! Any suggestions on where (site and/or app) to watch it? I have Netflix,but I don't think it's on there.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.