Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests *A not so bland Quest*

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/10 20:38:10 )

How are you?

Voltie — Queen B Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 19:12:35 )
@Totalanimefan: it's ok!! I miss pings myself, it's easy to do. How are you feeling? Better I hope! I've had a rough couple of days but things seem to be getting better now *crosses fingers*

Voltie — Queen B Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 21:39:47 )
:vivi-celebrate:

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 21:47:25 )

@astonishingly bland: I’m doing good. This morning I was like I want to go something outside the house but now I’m feeling just fine staying in (not that I was going to do anything more just like a neighborhood walk).

Voltie — Queen B Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 00:28:49 )
@Totalanimefan: That's good to hear! It's sunny today, but rain is expected to come back tomorrow so I have been enjoying seeing clear skies!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 00:29:36 )

@astonishingly bland: it’s sunny here today too and I love it

Voltie — Queen B Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 00:49:53 )
@Totalanimefan: I will take sunny over rainy any day! But it has been kinda nice hearing the rain at night to fall asleep to.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 00:50:30 )

@astonishingly bland: this is true. I feel like mostly it’s only been rainy in the day and not at night.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 00:50:45 )

Anything else going on with you today?

Voltie — Queen B Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 00:54:24 )
@Totalanimefan: I really am just not a fan of rain, especially driving in it. Rain is supposed to be back tomorrow but then the storm is supposed to pass and sunny weather again! I'm so happy to hear that because it's been flooding everywhere! I'm thankful not to be out driving in it.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 01:02:07 )

@astonishingly bland: that sounds awful. It’s been raining a lot here but it looks like this week it isn’t going to rain for us.

Voltie — Queen B Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 01:03:57 )
@Totalanimefan: it's been a really rough couple of days though.
My cousin (who is 1 of my roommates) has a 90lb dog who is just the sweetest girl around, was having a severe flea issue. We had bought online a soft inflatable cone to keep her from chewing at the fleas (we also ordered flea medication online but it hadn't come in yet). Well, she chewed at the cone to get to the tail area where she was chewing at fleas and completely deflated it so it wasn't stopping her. It was getting bad, fast. We ended up taking her to the vet (you have to stay inside the vehicle, wearing a mask and they come out to you to get your dog) The vet made it out like she just couldn't wait for the flea treatment we ordered online and really pushed for my cousin to give her a chewable flea medication called Bravecto. She gave her the chewable at 11pm with food and by 530AM she started seizing.
She had 3 very big seizures by 730 (the vet opened up at 8) the vet said that medication can cause seizures (we are thinking and you pushed us to give her this?? at $70 a pill!) She said she had to go onto an anti-seizure medication for the next 3 months while that Bravecto is in her system. While filling the prescription, she had another huge seizure in the car. It was terrifying! Then for the next couple days we had to watch her to make sure she didn't seize.
She's doing better now, but we won't know if she will have to be on anti seizure medication for the rest of her life until after 3 months. Sometimes when seizures are triggered, they have them forever.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 01:17:40 )

@astonishingly bland: omg I’m so sorry that is awful! My dog is old and gets seizures too. But they aren’t in clusters like that.

Voltie — Queen B Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 01:53:22 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh I'm sorry to hear that! It was honestly almost too much to handle. I think now, after seeing her have them, we are slightly more prepared, but she's a big girl, 90lbs of solid love lol, it's heart wrenching to see them go through that.
Is your dog on medication for seizures? What causes them? I was reading everything I could find on seizures and stuff, I kept reading that they tend to come late night/early morning (I'm thinking because of the type of sleep they are in at those hours) but honestly we were terrified to even go to sleep in case she had another. Now that it seems the medication has kicked in we are starting to relax a little. I also read to cool off their pads, because seizures elevate their temperature. Do you have any hints to help when they seize?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 02:08:01 )

@astonishingly bland: my dog has had all of them around 2:30am. I think it’s if you excite them just after deep REM sleep? But there are also many reasons why a dog can get them so I’m just speaking about why triggers my dog.
Because they aren’t too bad he has a special food that he is suppose to eat. I mix it in with his normal food. If his seizures get more common he is going to have to have to take medicine. They think that it is something wrong with his brain but we can’t put him under because he has a heart murmur and that would mean he won’t wake up.

Voltie — Queen B Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 02:48:51 )
@Totalanimefan: Awww that poor baby! That's a lot of worry, hopefully that special food keeps the seizures away.
It's a lot of worry taking care of fur kids! lol
Gosh it's already almost 7! This day has gone by fast!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 03:02:01 )

@astonishingly bland: yeah the day has gone by super fast for me too. I guess I shouldn’t complain lol
Yeah. Pinto, my dog, is 12 and he has a lot of problems. :( I hope the food is good enough. I feel like he doesn’t eat a lot of it and the cat just eats it and then throws it up. :/

Voltie — Queen B Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 03:07:55 )
@Totalanimefan: oh no! We have trouble with similar eating issues. I have to put 1 who is 90lbs in a room while I feed the kitten, then I have to feed the Chihuahuas at the same time but far enough apart so the youngest one won't eat the senior dogs food lol It's a rather lengthy process just for mealtime

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 03:30:58 )

@astonishingly bland: that sounds like so much work. Honestly we need to be better about feeding the dog his food but he doesn’t like to eat a lot at once. Just a few bites and then leaves it for later.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/12 03:31:23 )

Sorry I thought that I hit send but I didn’t lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.