Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat [LOUD SCREECHING]

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 22:55:39 )

The only kind of milk I want is oat milk. Usually this is not an issue because the grocery store less than 5 minutes from my house carries it. Others in my area do not, though, so if they're out... I must suffer and be milkless. Sometimes that's the only thing I go to the store for. I hate going to 2 different stores, but groceries on whole are cheaper at the one I work at, so I went there today, and stopped by the other store on my way home. Ran in there with groceries warming in the trunk of my car, and what do you know? COMPLETELY OUT. And with all these grocery hoarders causing shortages, I have no way of knowing if there will be more tomorrow. I JUST WANT MY CEREAL

pls save me from oat milk shortages
i don't wanna have to resort to soy, it's disgusting

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 23:30:44 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Count Trashula: Maybe almond milk? That is what I go with because soy milk is...... yeah disgusting...
I feel like oat milk and almond milk have similar tastes... or they are both a tad sweeter, whereas soy simply tastes like butt, lol.

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 23:48:57 )

@kaichoukai: I can't stand almond milk either tbh. Though since that's what my grandma inexplicably always buys, I may be stuck with it until my store gets more oat milk... but I won't buy any myself.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 01:29:34 )
@Count Trashula: I have never had oat milk but I can sympathize with the shortages. Maybe find out when trucks come and be at the store then or shortly there after? Times are crazy and I hate that people aren't more socially aware to see that some of us cannot buy weeks and months worth of stuff. Sometimes just a week or few days is all we have.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 01:43:39 )

@Xanthan: Yeah, I've been working for over a week straight and slowly running out of groceries while having to watch them get cleared off the shelves ;v;
I know at my own store, we get trucks every morning but the employees don't know what will be on them. I thought of asking, but the store I was at doesn't even have the benefit of "everyone does everything" like my store, so they'd have been even less likely to have an answer. I figured I'd just come in tomorrow and check since I'm off tomorrow too, and if not, I'll make my own. Apparently it's a lot simpler than I thought. Just not as quick and easy as having it already there waiting for me >:^(

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 06:11:24 )

@Count Trashula: I feel you. Oat milk is the only way to go and it’s so hard to find right now T-T

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 06:41:10 )

mMmM oat milk sounds delicious. I usually buy coco milk or almond milk. But now I want to try oat milk.
:o

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/28 14:31:28 )
@Count Trashula: I have yet to try the oat milk. I just... I dunno. I can't yet. XDD;;; Is it good?
Here, I'm lucky if I can find regular old moo cow milk. Yeesh.
We have oat tho, if you lived close enough I would trade. XDD;;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/29 03:32:14 )
I drink flax milk, no one else seems to want it so it's easy to get my hands on lol

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/29 16:48:53 )

@koneko: come to my store; we have plenty... for now.

@Totalanimefan: I wanna say I'm surprised that it's been cleared off the shelves, but they didn't stock much to begin with. Probably the only reason it's still empty is because they haven't bothered getting more.

@inatlaka: I highly recommend it.

@Kozi: Send me your milk. My grandma has a jug of whole milk in the fridge that she doesn't want, and I'm not gonna drink it, so a trade will be easy. Oat milk is good, though, especially if you're like me and really like the taste of dairy milk. It's not "exactly the same", but it's definitely much closer in flavor than other plant milks and has less environmental impact than dairy or almond. I've been hunting for something to replace those two, as they are the most widely available types around here, and it was hard finding other options besides soy. But then I found out my store had been carrying oat milk all along and gave it a shot and never went back.

@grost: I don't think I've seen that anywhere around here, but I'd be curious to try it just because. What's it taste like?

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/29 17:15:45 )

@koneko: Good luck! I got way more groceries than I needed this weekend, because people keep running out of stuff and not having more when I do go... like oat milk. So I got enough stuff to last a couple of weeks, maybe more since a lot of it is frozen. Surprised all the can hoarders haven't thought to stock up on frozen goods yet.. but more for me.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/29 21:00:10 )

@count trashula: okay I will do this.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/30 04:56:52 )

@Count Trashula: Supply hasn’t been able to kept up with the demand of Oat milk for a while. I’m a hue Oatly fan. What about you?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.