Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk goodbye mental health

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/24 23:50:13 )
this is a really rough time for me. we got the shut-down notice last friday and i cried myself to sleep thinking about how i couldn't go to work on monday. i really miss seeing my coworkers and my friends already and it's only tuesday. my entire office has been chatting online nonstop since monday morning, sharing pictures of our home setups, beers we're enjoying etc but it doesn't replace the face to face

there's not much of anything i do on my own. my life is usually a blur of different faces and activities outside of my house. i picked up minecraft at the suggestion of an online friend and have basically replaced my entire workday with that since even though i'm working from home, there's not much to do. my entire industry was in meltdown mode even before all this happened.

today i stretched a lot because i've made a completely arbitrary goal of learning how to do a split but i haven't really eaten since friday and i'm not hungry. i literally didn't shower for 4 days which is disgusting and not like me at all. it's below freezing outside so going out there for longer than like 10 minutes is not an option and also not pleasant

i don't know what to do to make this better. i feel like i can't force myself to do anything else, i am sluggish and unmotivated. i don't have anything to look forward to. i don't have anyone to talk to in person.

hello again

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 00:46:28 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard |

have you tried happy music, music with an upbeat..i know when my depression is bad enough even my meds don't work music helps. or call someone. it might not replace the face to face but it can help with the 'home alone' symptoms.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 03:20:18 )

@kegs: that really sucks. I would say try to shower as often as you normally do. It’s much better for your mental health.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 04:29:48 )
@kegs: I'm really sorry. I know it's tough.

We've been out for a week of vacation and I'm coming up on another week and a half of being off of work with a few more weeks ahead of me of nothing.

I thought I was fine because I'm introverted and this year of work has been really tough and I needed a break.
But I found myself feeling really- blah. Like useless, aimless, lethargic, mopey, and just getting into a rough state of mind AND I'm even with my son and husband.

One thing that has helped me is getting dressed in the morning. I may not be waking up at the same time as if I were working, but when I do wake up, I get dressed. Maybe not as nice as I would normally dress, but not in my sloppy clothes either.

I've also created a running list of random stuff I want to accomplish.

-Make instant coffee taste good
-Try out a new hairstyle
-Learn how to watercolor
-Learn how to use magnetic eyelashes
-Organize my son's room

and so on...
I tried to make sure they weren't linked to my job in any way and that they were things I could accomplish in my house, but still feel proud of what I've done.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 00:21:21 )

I'm sorry your going through all this but I can relate very much. I know is very hard thing to adapt but take it one day at a time. Is good your trying new things during this lockdown and your not always alone. You have us here along with your group chat with your coworkers during this tough times. Yes it may not be the same as being with your friends face to face and that may take time to get used to. But maybe take advantage of this time to do things you never had time to do to begin with?

It could be anything and I find it best to focus on hobbies that you may enjoy around this time. Or trying something new like your doing right now is a good step up :3

Hang in there and please do take care of yourself.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.