Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Random Act of Kindness.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 03:26:41 )

Kalin was silent as she considered what he said before sighing.

"And how illegal is this drug?" She asked after a moment.

"And if it was used, how much shit would I be in when it's traced back to my laptop?" She then followed up with.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 04:05:19 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"How illegal? Very illegal." Rene replied.

"Also, when?" he then asked.

"If." he corrected her.

"And that's a BIIIIIG if." he went on.

"It's untraceable, as of now." he continued.

"...and it's long-term effects result in what appears to be a heart attack." he said further.

"So that wouldn't happen."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 04:10:18 )

Kalin didn't say anything before just smirking.

"I said I'd be a lawyer that can't be beat. I never said I'd be a clean lawyer." She commented simply.

"What's the danger to me? If I'm handling a laptop with gloves, there will be suspicion."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 04:29:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"See, that'll be the beauty of it." Rene replied.

"I'll go and get a brand new top-of-the-line laptop. And get it insured." he told her.

"If the drug is laced into the keys of it, you won't need to touch it." he continued.

"And odds are you showing up with something like that will attract your tormentors to steal it and use it, or mess with it." he reasoned.

"Especially if you 'accidentally' leave it unattended for a bit."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 04:32:44 )

Kalin just sighed, heavily.

"I'm wary, admittedly." She told him honestly.

"But let's do it. Shall we go out for the new tech in the next couple of days then?" She asked.

"Or woudl you prefer to do it without me?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 04:56:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You know your tormentors better than I." Rene responded.

"You'd know what they would go after faster than others." he went on.

"You wanna be a lawyer?" he asked.

"Gotta know how your opponents think." he said, tapping the side of his head.

"Stay one step ahead, and always make sure the evidence is properly handled." he continued.

"One way or another." he added.

"Also, I understand that you're wary, and I can understand why, but let's face it... leaving you in a pool of your own blood to die, with chemical burns? They forfeited ANY and ALL rights to fair play." he told her.

"They've established that there's no boundaries, so we'll show them what happens when intelligence and cunning team up against stupid raw force." he said with a grin... and Kalin could swear she saw razor-sharp teeth in his maw.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 04:58:59 )

Kalin maintained a calm exterior... and interior for that matter. It gave Rene slight cause for concern - if she were to properly become part of the world of crime, she could very well be quite a force to reckon with.

". . . So, question for you." She started, pausing only for him to agree to her asking.

"Am I seeing things, or did I seriously see rather vicious teeth in your mouth with that?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 05:27:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene didn't have much time to wonder about Kalin's calmness, when she asked her question.

And he instinctively slapped a hand over his mouth... before sighing.

He brought his hand away, and shook his head.

He walked closer towards her, and got eye-level with her.

"You're not seeing things." he told her.

"Look." he said, opening his mouth, and revealing that she had, indeed, seen sharp teeth... and that there were 2 rows of them.

"Don't touch." he warned through his open mouth.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 05:30:44 )

After Rene stepped back, Kalin met his gaze.

"And you have those.... because you're not fully human, or at least possibly charmed into that fgorm?" She asked.

"So what are you?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 05:50:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene sighed again.

"I'm a race that almost went extinct, and hardly anyone remembers any longer." he told her.

He then went to the books that she had arranged, before finding one of the few that weren't medical texts. He brought it towards her and handed her it.

"Look under the table of contents for 'Lantha'." he told her.

"That's what I am, bound to the form of a human to blend in with their society." he said.

"I may look human, but I am a member of an aquatic warrior race." he continued.

"Specifically, a SEA lantha." he then clarified.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 05:53:21 )

Kalin was silent as she looked it up, taking in what he said and looking at the information in the book as well, reading what he had told her to.

"I see." She commentedas she finishd reading and closed the book.

"Then why are you here, blending in?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 06:24:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...that's a long story." Rene muttered after a pause.

"But... time is something you have plenty of right now." he admitted.

"You read how the lantha were mostly wiped out in a war against the draydin, yeah?" he asked. "And how it pretty much wiped out both sides?" he asked further.

Kalin nodded.

"Well, what the book DOESN'T tell you is how humans manipulated both sides into the conflict, in an attempt to get us to kill ourselves, so they could sweep in and take the remainder out." he told her.

"It didn't work. They underestimated how strong the individuals in the army were." he went on.

"I vowed revenge against the human race, and embarked on a quest to make THEM extinct, much like they tried to do to US." he told her. "However, I didn't blend in." he said.

"And to cut out a LOT of details, I met someone who bound me to this form, and they taught me that not ALL humans are bad. So I abandoned the 'extinction of the human race' plan, and now just live among them." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 06:31:29 )

"Is there still any sort of risk?" Kalin asked after a moment or two, unsure as to whether or not she'd be able to trust him for the moment. She knew that he was likely trustworthy though, as he'd had plenty of chances to off her in the past.

"Because...I'd rather like to know." She then said.

"If only just because it is rather annoying to not know things."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 06:51:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"To you? No." Rene replied.

"These days I've mellowed out from the extinction thing, to trying to help those that are good humans get by and achieve their dreams and stuff." he told her.

"Those that want to make the world more toxic... I bleach out of existence." he said with another grin.

"Those people that are barring your path to success and trying to outright kill you? They have NO idea who they've messed with." he continued.

"You said the ones doing this to you, their families have fingers that extend far?" he asked.

Kalin nodded.

"Well, that doesn't mean a thing to 'The Doc'." Rene responded confidently.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 06:58:13 )

"Really?" Kalin asked, her tone not inquisitive, more 'if you say so.' She wasn't entirely convinced that he could do anything, but she'd let him try. If it went well, then all the better.

She'd help as best she could too, since as she told him earlier, she never said that she'd be a 'clean' lawyer after all.

"Regardless, for now, we need to get a new laptop and bait the bitch."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 07:20:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yup." Rene responded.

"Also, I'd like a picture of her." he said.

"As well as any known accomplices she may have, or partners in crime, or anyone else she might work with that torments you." he told her. "If she's the ringleader of it all, then I may very well be able to take a lot of them down in one fell swoop." he continued.

"Enough that any stragglers will probably leave you alone, once the numbers are thinned." he added.

As he spoke, Kalin could hear the warrior inside him. Not a brutish warrior that charged into battle for guts and glory, but a tactician that new how to divide, conquer, and formulate strategies for winning.

It was hard to believe he was a doctor now, almost.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 07:23:02 )

Kalin nodded.

"Of course. I'm no artist, but I can get the information from her social media and the like." She told him.

"Assuming this thing lets me do it." She added with a light laugh.

"But I can get you that information, and I don't think it would take too terribly long either." She added. "Maybe an hour or two at most."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 07:41:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Excellent." Rene responded.

"In the meantime, I have some plans to make." he told her.

"If you want, feel free to use the desktop I have here." he then said.

"It's my main computer, but if the laptop is borked, then I'll let you use the other one here in the meantime." he continued.

It's not password-protected, so... yeah, if you want to, feel free."[/b]

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 07:47:55 )

"You really should have it protected." Kalin commented.

"But perhaps that is my paranoia in knowing that I need to." She added.

"regardless, I will do that, get that information on there for you, while you tend to what you need to." She then said as she set the laptop aside.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/27 08:02:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene sighed.

"I know." he replied.

"But... I dunno, I just never got around to it." he shrugged.

"If you want to set one up, go ahead." he chuckled.

"Anyway, you get to worse, and I will too." he told her.

"Tomorrow, we'll get a niiiiice new shiny expensive laptop." he finished, chuckling darkly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.