Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Maplestory 2 to shut down May 27th

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 22:18:24 )

Have you played the game? What did you think of it?
I played it back during christmas time in 2018. Hit max level, ran out of motivation, but I love the design that I ended up with for my character.

Outside of the game, I kinda wanted to make her into an OC, and in some spin of events I ended up naming her No

But man did this game get me through some TIMES. I was in an abusive relationship back then, and escaping everything to play this game made my world. Even if it was boring after reaching max level, it still meant a lot to me xD

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 22:26:19 )
@jolly:
what happen? I used to play the game up to the first phase of it. I stopped playing because how difficult it was to be a healer in later phases >u<

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 22:32:46 )

@kairu:
Here's the official thing Nexon wrote on it.
Got a bunch of event stuff going on right now if you wanted to play before its closed xD
I might if I have time to in a couple of weeks
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — PrinCSS Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 22:57:37 )
I actually played this for maybe a weekend? Bought some little items but it wasn't something I could really get into - though I wanted to ;;

COMMISSION | GUIDE | PREMADES

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 23:15:38 )

Wow that's really sad. They aren't even that old yet. =( I didn't play it much but the game was really cute and I loved decorating.

I realize I don't have any shots of my bigger house after I redecorated other than that crystal ball. I may have to log in and get some.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 00:12:08 )
@Jolly: oh dang.. they cant help it though. and also corona pandemic is making it worse for Nexon too.
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — nightmaren Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 22:30:45 )
Had a good amount of characters, but here's my main last touched over 8 months ago:

Got into beta...really loved it and played with my friends
really liked just being able to make designs (which stopped being free after beta which was really my MAIN thing i was interested in)

Then....the NA servers got split in half for "performance" or whatever, but that cut my entire group up and the rest of the actual game was just me and my gf
we pushed on and continued to play often together but we'd get lazy or have other games to play until eventually we just kinda stopped...or checked in rarely when something new happened (like a new class)

Still I always feel like "oh well I can always play some other time when I feel like it again" and then next thing you know, game's gone (just how it goes with a lot of mmos)

I didn't play it as much as I had early on but it's still a little surprising to see it go so quickly (not as quickly as Ncwest's MxM tho hah...)
I read into what more active players thought about it, problems with the game I wouldn't always notice since I usually am pretty relaxed in games

While it's probably just coincidence...I find it interesting it was announced around the time PSO2's open beta started....it seems like they've been waiting to announce this for awhile tho?

edit: just saw that the japanese sever is also closing, looks like it's just the KR server left (unless there's another I haven't seen)
art gallery/avi closet

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 03:48:55 )
I found Maple 2 kinda... meh.

ANd then I started FF XIV, and really lost interest. :viosweat:
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 05:43:00 )
Just a casual player passing by. Cute game. I liked it. Sad to see it go so soon unlike its predecessor. Oh well!
Ping me

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 08:17:04 )
It's not really my cup of tea since I've lost interest in MMO in general but it sucks just to see this game closing even though it was released in mid 2010s.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 10:14:37 )
დ დ დ დ დ

Aaah I remember signing up for maplestory for a small stint during my college days. :( It is sad to see it closing since I remember it as being very cute.

დ დ დ დ დ

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.