Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat ? Coping with Corona ? craziness ?

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:01:09 )
@Count Trashula: I'm crunching brain wave data and answering emails mostly. I'm a grad student in experimental psychology.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:05:55 )
@Priestess of Pie: I truly think we will see some good things out of all this.

@PurpdaBurpPurp: when I meditate I enjoy Merlins Magic for my relaxing music. No words just some great new age vibes.

@Count Trashula: I'm sorry to hear you've had no peace or quiet. Things will get better.

@Lucifera: nothing girlie about that. Good skincare is a must regardless. Do your thing...get your skincare on. :)

@Rocker: i am so sorry to hear that. We don't have many cases in my state but I see that at least some of panic has died down and people are actually being smarter about all this. Have you tried steam to help you breathe? I have chronic breathing issues and I'd boil a big pot of water on the stove, take a towel and then let the steam rise up and I'd use the towel to keep it on my face and easier to breath in the vapors. Or long hot showers helped. Your local pharmacy also should carry primatene most and primatene tablets. They help with breathing ans are OTC but the pharmacy probably keeps em behind the counter.

@onsenmark: I've worked in grocery. I feel you when it comes to calling you on your days off. :(

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:07:54 )
@Eruca: for reals? I'm about to be a clinical mental health grad student. I considered experimental psych at one point.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:20:41 )
@Xanthan: 'Tis no lie!
Oooh, impressive! Clinical programs are so competitiv! at least in Canada. Makes sense to me because clinical psychologists are much more straightforwardly useful than the rest of us pure experimentalists. hahaha.

Looking forward to it?

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:22:53 )
@Eruca: I truly am. I love helping others and learning about....well people's tics. Lol

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 03:11:25 )
@Xanthan: I plan to. I got some goodies in my shopping cart and I'm ready to order as soon as I get paid. Boom. xD

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 05:15:18 )
@Xanthan: Well, you might learn a few ways to help people, but idk about people's tics part. Unless you're going to work specifically with people with tourette syndrome.
That sounds like a social psychology thing, studying individual differences and all that.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 21:02:23 )
@Eruca: 😆 true though social psych and social work were backup plans

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 21:08:03 )
@Lucifera: what all is in the cart? Anything you care to recommend?

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 21:58:53 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I've honestly just been throwing myself into as many art projects
as I can, and watching shows I really like as I have anxiety and depression and my dad
has been very negative about things. :vanora_sweat:

But art has been super helpful for me as I love art and making things I like
has helped me keep a positive attitude and mindset.
Plus a good opportunity to learn more with art since there is so much to learn in art.

I normally do stay at home so it's not a big change for me yet.
I think businesses are starting to close down where I live.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 22:35:26 )
Talking to people online, playing games, working on updating my Gaia marketplace as daily as I possibly can, listening to old podcasts and watching really really old youtube videos that I watched when I was 9 or 10. Basically things I would do even if the world wasn't shut down right now :P

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/22 01:34:28 )
@Xanthan: Not just yet! I am still trying out a lot of different products. I hear great things about the ordinary though! and that is what I have in my cart is the nixcinimide and zinc serum. Because it's supposed to be nice for sensitive/dry skin.
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/22 06:29:24 )
@grost: I love podcasts. Any you recommend?

@Lucifera: my skin is I guess more combination. Like my face can be a bit oily but my arms and such dry and the rest of me is pretty normal. I have used zinc serums before and they were nice. I wish you good luck in your trials for better skin :)

@MoodyBats: I'm so sorry to hear your dad has been a negative Nancy :( art is a great outlet. As is tv shows. Maybe watch some sitcoms or comedy type programs?

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/22 07:33:21 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Xanthan: Yeah, he's kinda always been that way.
But I think it's mostly because my mom's nursing home is on lockdown and we can't get a hold of her.
And very worried as she is terminally ill.

Yup! I got a whole list of shows to watch.
I normally just listen to shows while drawing. Currently watching the legend of Korra
as it's one of my fave shows.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/22 16:04:25 )
@Xanthan: they're all very closely linked to eachother, in real life. 👍

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/22 19:43:32 )
@MoodyBats: I love the legend of korra. I do love me some Avatar a little bit more but that is only because I loved uncle Iroh.

@Eruca: so true. My friend Katie and I have considered doing some not-quite-to-the-t-scientific social experiments. Lol. We want to go downtown and just begin having a pillow fight with one another, have stacks of pillows nearby, see how many people join in...that kinda thing.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/22 23:40:40 )
@Xanthan: that's a cute idea for a youtube video actually!

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/24 03:21:04 )
@Eruca: thank you. We have a few different ideas similar to that.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/24 18:03:58 )
@MoodyBats: my, my, who is the pretty porcelain man that looks like BTS's Suga in your signature?

@Xanthan: have you any thought of actually starting a youtube channel?
Ping me

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/24 22:27:31 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Eruca: It is Suga.

@Xanthan: That's understandable.
Iroh was really awesome.
Avatar the last Airbender gives me such nostalgia.

I just love the whole avatar/Legend of Korra series.
I should try to make some fanart of the show

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.